1146 opiniones

Microsoft Project

Herramienta de colaboración y gestión de proyectos

4.3 /5 (1146 opiniones) ¡Escribe una reseña!
4.3
1146 opiniones
Cesar C.
  • Sector: Educación superior

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Manager for the control and development of projects of great impact in the company

Revisado el 31/8/2018

Based on the experience of the use of the tool, the organizational capacity is more efficient and effective in each task, as well as the security and the status of the results offered by each member of the project. Another element to highlight is communications and how this allows improving the flow of information, thus improving the willingness of managers to take corrective action at the best times.

Puntos a favor

Of the positive things that Microsoft Project & Portfolio Management has, is that you can use a driver prioritization module to develop workshops in which executives openly discuss the issue importance of each business controller and thus be able to prioritize the strategies according to the established objectives. that's why it's an advantage to be able to prioritize commercial drivers at any level
within the organizational hierarchy Another element to highlight is the tool's management capabilities, which helps to capture the resource requirements at the beginning of the project's life cycle and all the programmed activities, providing visibility, certainty and assertive predictions about the demand future and the best thing is that it can be accessed from any device available to the members of the company.

Puntos en contra

One of the difficulties is the development of the chronogram of the different projects and the information that is offered to the teams involved in the different projects, as well as the possibility of associating one or more plans for the execution of the project and a baseline for the project. supervision, development and management and thus be able to generate changes in the various levels in a corrective manner. In addition, the implementation of the schedule change and operational capacity is difficult and prevents providing the project teams with an updated map for the execution of their tasks and therefore the delivery of a new baseline to verify progress and manage the change programmed by the bosses.

Ed W.
  • Sector: Transporte marítimo
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 11-50 empleados
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante 6-12 meses

No brainer for Project Management

Revisado el 27/3/2020

Handles most of my large projects and allows easy reporting to people. Used for years now and don't plan on changing. Done a few online courses to learn to use it properly and well worth it.

Puntos a favor

The leading software in Project Management. Used for a few years now and it allows me to input everything i need to run projects, execute them and then monitor. incorporates all the principles of PM WBS, critical path, leads and lags. Cost management is also a worth while feature allowing you to monitor costs in detail or quick look to see current status.

Puntos en contra

Not the best for collaborative working if other staff are not trained properly. I think this is more of a company specific problem where staff are included in projects and data in put but not necessarily trained in PM

Amir S.
  • Sector: Construcción
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 2-10 empleados

The best Presentation App

Revisado el 16/12/2020

It is one of the great application from Microsoft that developed and optimized over the years and now it is available for everyone, in different level of knowledge.

Puntos a favor

I tried this app on different project and occasions. It is very easy to set it up and create a module for each project and customize it.
Very easy to add different components, like Audio, Video, Gant chart or Excel tables.
I also use it for reporting, which makes it very easy to create a template and change it based on the needs.
And the last part is that can be exported to PDF, when you need lower size file to email it to clients/team.

Puntos en contra

I didnt really have a major issue with the app. But I noticed that with a heavy video files, it might be not as easy for evryone to shrink the video and reduce the size of the PPT.

Gio J.
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de un año

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

Easy to access project tool.

Revisado el 7/1/2017

I use Microsoft's Project to track the individual items that I need to manage for a major project. The best parts of MS Project are that it evolved into the easiest to use Gant chart generator out there. My personal business calls for me to track several programs at one time and as an Instructional Designer/Architect, I tend to "chunk" projects into smaller, easier to accomplish bites. The Project lets me do that and helps me track my progress in completing the chunks of the larger project that I have to complete. I like that the interface allows me to enter the data about the project into what looks like a spreadsheet. The software then generates a Gant chart and helps me track where I might have finished ahead of schedule or where I might slip if I don't pay attention.

My main gripes about MS Project involve a lack of flexibility. I can't easily rename column headings because they're locked into Microsoft's view of what a project should look like. This is only a minor annoyance. That said, at times I often expect MS Project to behave more like MS Excel where I can manipulate and edit cells with ease, which you can't because the columns are locked to function only one way. Finally, I would like to have row separators that let me know where one project ends and another begins. I do this because I'd like to have a tool that lets me view all my projects in one place. Changing dates is also an annoyance because the date fields always default to the point in time in which you started the project and so if you expect the date fields to default to "today's date", you might have to make adjustments. It would be nice if the date defaulted as expected (today's date).

Tips:
1. You can roughly rename the titles of cells, but the contents will always function according to the locked nature of the cells.
2. If like me, you want to track multiple projects in one MS Project file, simply color code the different projects with the cell highlight function.

1. Ease of use

• Sector: Administración educativa

Microsoft Project Review

Revisado el 10/12/2020

Puntos a favor

I use MS Project daily to: Track my projects, scheduling, budgets, tolerances, milestones, print high-fidelity reports that read the status of these projects to Present it to our dean and university president, the most features easy to use .

Puntos en contra

Gust the menus and features takes sometimes to learn how to use it

Antony S.
  • Sector: Petróleo y energía
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de un año

Easy and Comfortable Planning Software

Revisado el 10/1/2020

Project Planning , Cost Calculation, Cost Control , Optimizing resources to optimize project output ,

Puntos a favor

Task Adding Feature of ms Project is very Easy and We can Easily Edit order Without Any Problem, simple planning and scheduling

Puntos en contra

Cost Of resources Added Feature is Less also there must be option for creating Some regulate chart like planned progress vs Actual progress , Sn Curve Etc

Mustafa H.
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 201-500 empleados

MS Project review

Revisado el 25/10/2020

Puntos a favor

This is the most powerful and flexible Project Management software out there especially for building a WBS and project schedule. The Gantt and the schedule management capabilities are invaluable for Project Managers.

Puntos en contra

The resource management and the time tracking needs improvement.

• Sector: Aprendizaje en línea
  • Tamaño de la empresa: Trabajador autónomo
  • Software usado Otro durante Más de dos años

• Probabilidad de recomendación 3.0 /10

Industry default for Office shops but web based pm software is better for collaboration and te

Revisado el 14/3/2020

I was tasked as a one man team to manage and schedule my development project in Project and then keep it all updated with status report of all changes. This was not a great setup and my boss constantly challenged why it could t be done faster when they wanted all this project management statusing.

Puntos a favor

For a project manager, projects standard capabilities building the ubiquitous Gantt chart with durations, resource usage, and tasks run in parallel and with dependencies are all able to be built in and you can effectively schedule

Puntos en contra

The software has a steep learning curve. PLUS It takes enough work that if you are also A DEVELOPER ON SAID PROJECT, the expectation of managing and developing is not a reasonable expectation.

• Sector: Aprendizaje en línea
  • Software usado Mensualmente durante Más de dos años

• Probabilidad de recomendación 0.0 /10

Microsoft PowerPoint is Outdated

Revisado el 29/12/2020

Overall, PowerPoint needs to evolve and it does not meet my professional needs.

Puntos a favor

I have used Microsft PowerPoint throughout my education, as well as for teaching. I think PowerPoint is pretty accessible and easy to use, but it needs to be updated.

Puntos en contra

I think PowerPoint needs to be updated into a collaborative tool, like Google Slides, which I and my co-teachers can collaborate and write on the same presentation. I think PowerPoint should be accessible online, rather than solely on one's computer. I also think that PowerPoints can update their slide features by allowing animation features to be enabled.

• Sector: Maquinaria
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 5001-10,000 empleados
  • Software usado Mensualmente durante Más de dos años

Very useful software

Revisado el 14/1/2021

Overall is a great tool to manage projects and schedules involving resources, people, tasks, etc

Puntos a favor

I used to work a lot with Microsoft Project to manage production schedule for big and important projects and it was a very helpful tool as it allow me to see a whole scenario and provide timing and requirements to other departments involved in the project. Also it is useful to manage resources

Puntos en contra

The only downside is that a training is indispensable to be able to use all features. Without it, you will use just basics and will not be that useful

Abraham C.
  • Sector: Seguridad informática y de redes

Microsoft PowerPoint - By Abraham Chongkit

Revisado el 16/2/2020

So far my overall experience with MS Project is a little more unique then expected and I would probably prefer more clarification on its compatibility and uses from Microsoft and their retail agents around the world before purchasing. The installation was pretty straight forward and I have not had any issue in regards to the application functionalities, and features. However, it did take me long to learn how to use MS Project and I would probably suggest that the help and instructional features could be adjusted to accommodate other users similar to my situation.

Puntos a favor

The great thing I like most about MS Project is that it's interface is quiet similar to that of other MS Office products, such as MS Excel. This familiarity gives me the confidence that the product I am about to use, is very similar to other MS Office products that I use on a daily basis. MS Project integrates well with Office 365 which allows me the space that I need to work remotely from anywhere when I'm outside the office, at home or sitting at a cafe having coffee while working on a task. Even when there is no internet connection, MS Project still works perfectly offline because it is a desktop application after all and your files are stored locally which allows ease of access when you need them. In addition to the user friendly interface of MS Project and its well designed features, I also love the built in templates that come with MS Project which is ready for use when I need it. The various templates have different themes and natures which gives you the flexibility to chose from according to the task you are trying to accomplish.

Puntos en contra

The least thing I liked about MS Project is that it took me a while to get used to the menus, and features such as the interface when i first started. It took a lot of practice and further research on how to use the product faster and efficiently because my first impression is that MS Project was not really user-friendly at the beginning. I think MS Project is a bit expensive and you need to plan and make an effective decision before you purchase the full license, and the reason I say this is because if you're a small business with a small budget then you can only afford a handful of user licenses, which means if your business will scale up in the future, then you have to purchase more user licenses to accommodate growth. Another con with MS Project that I found out is that it is only compatible with computers installed with the Windows operating system and you need to install the full licensed version to start using the full features of the application. I normally work remotely and I need an application that is compatible with other mobile devices such as android, apple iOS and Linux. I am unsure if MS Project can accommodate under these circumstances according to the application prerequisites and requirements of use for MS Project.

Joshua M.
  • Sector: Impresión

The Project Management Tool for the Microsoft Power User

Revisado el 10/4/2019

Overall, Microsoft Project does a really good job of allowing experienced project managers to create complex project plans for both large and small teams. The platform offers extensive schedule and resource management - enabling teams to accurately allocate their resources in order to achieve maximum efficiencies. My experience with Project has been positive. I work in a small to mid-sized team that creates implementation plans for customer recommendations. I have enjoyed the synergies that working with other Microsoft tools provides. Furthermore, Project has enabled me to be effective in those pursuits. It definitely takes some time to learn more complicated aspects of the program - but that time and training and can really benefit a team.

Puntos a favor

The greatest strength of Microsoft Project comes in the name. Microsoft develops some of the most popular and effective tools for modern businesses. Project integrates extremely seamlessly into the overall Microsoft ecosystem of work. This enables the platform to truly maximize on all the efficiencies created by keeping your work within one platform. Project also does a fantastic job of allocating and scheduling resources. Furthermore, identifying critical paths for a project is relatively straight forward. Project managers can do specific call outs for key steps along the way as well. There are also a lot of additional benefits for project that help the quality of life for anyone in control of a project.

Puntos en contra

Project is a complicated piece of technology. While creating initial project plans seem easy, there are so many features of project that not only go unnoticed - but also can be incredibly cumbersome to learn and master. An additional pain point that I have experienced has related to working on multiple project resources while also viewing the Gantt chart. Finally, sharing a project also holds its own difficulties as well - as users must have Project installed on their own device.

Stever jose G.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Be able to have a clear vision, vision and control to make decision

Revisado el 26/7/2018

Have the possibility to manage the resources, projects carptera from the initiative or idea cycle to the process and project closure. and the collaboration in external offices with the executors or other leaders is very useful to measure impacts and make decisions.

Puntos a favor

Since we implemented it, which is quite easy, it is enough to have a 2010 project server and a professional project for the stations all in collaboration with a sharepoint farm. The implementation process took a couple of months to adjust the configurations and to be able to obtain the greatest possible potential of the solution.
in general we could use the graphs and diagrams in order to measure and make correct decisions to be applied in each case
the collaborative work increased to have a better follow-up of the tasks and be able to finalize or inform some deviation in time of each project
The support of the provider was very specialized for when we had to resort in some cases to the implementation and uses of the platform.
a great functionality was to be able to create project templates without having to go through the process of creating formulas within each file, something that is optional for each use but in ours we had formulas applied to be able to measure specific calculations that we needed.
Roi's early measurements were accurate in a high percentage which helped to clarify the landscape of the project area.

Puntos en contra

It is a very expensive solution, for which not all companies are willing to invest, not only in the platform but in the hours of R & D that the team must use to manage it, maintain it and work on the solution.
Another point is that it is not multiplatform and this in the cases that are needed is important to evaluate it or keep it in mind.
It has many features and it is a bit difficult to be an expert because of the number of functionalities that you have and you end up resorting to conventional methods because it is cumbersome to know where to find them.

Israel jose A.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Is a valuable project management resource suitable for projects of any size

Revisado el 6/5/2018

Since I have been using Microsoft Project, allows me to quickly adapt proposals and ideas into organized projects. This very helpful when I need to present proposals because I can give a solid overview of the project's idea, estimate, in the early stage, and to control during the execution, all the resources and manage and predict risks. The linkages, not only are easy to use but also help me when dealing with complex tasks. During presentations, the Gannt window allows me to show timelines versus the lines of tasks and clarify any doubt and even make corrections. I am a fan of the shortcuts, and filters, they help me to zoom over critical points. I really appreciate the fact that I can import and Export tasks in excel formats, it makes my daily work and reporting very easy.

Puntos a favor

For any user used to Microsoft's Software Family, the interface and tabs of the software will be very easy to understand and to use. The drag and drop function for schedule makes it easy to modify any resource. It has the most important features that any project management software can have and It is very useful that you can track all the necessary changes, manpower loading, deviations on time, and costs to complete the daily project managing tasks, provide baselines, and formulate all the necessary estimations. The Gantt Chart provides a graphical overview of the whole project and combined with the reports and striking graphics make it easier to understand and present the planning and evaluation strategy. If not the time to start a project from the scratch MPP comes with a very powerful set of templates. Indisputably MPP becomes an ideal first choice for any project manager.

Puntos en contra

The first I must say is that you need a strong background in project management theory (critical path method, evaluation techniques and so on) in order to master Microsoft Project and smoothly use all the features and capabilities of the software without having a complex learning curve. Besides, it's not an intuitive program so it is adviced taking a training course, but yes, you can learn to use it by yourself by dedicating hours and discipline. In the other hand, you need to consider the size of your project and company, and considering that it is a monthly subscription (including access to the cloud) that you should pay for every user, it can end up being relatively expensive at the end of the month. The integration with externals apps is null so you need to do it manually. And well, there are some formatting issues, is really complicated sometimes and printed results are not always what is expected.

Hessel F.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Essential for all users of MS Project who have multiple project files that share common...

Revisado el 25/2/2018

The benefits to the organization have been phenomenal!

Prior to the implementation of PPM it was impossible to see what individual team members were doing. The team leaders were 'king' and could do what they liked and when they liked.

Our aim in implementing the product was to preserve existing process but to take the planning and execution of tasks to a new level.

We found it easy to use although there was a bit of a learning curve. We had a challenge on implementing as, for some reason, there was a bug in MS Project. It took about six months to stabilize the site but once it was stable, the problem didn't return. For those who are interested, in our case it was due to not having service pack 2 installed.

The challenge once we started using it, was to get management to appreciate the fact that accurate, real time reports could be generated and that they would be of immense benefit to them. It took a while until they realized it but once they did, the idea took off and requests flowed in for more views (reports) showing different aspects of the data.

We use the product to track tasks of resources located outside the IT division which was also an innovation that needed time to be absorbed. The philosophy had always been that the team leader was assigned the task and that he/she would delegate it to the team members. With the browser version, resources could see their tasks, update % complete and the project manager could instantly see what was happening. This turned team meetings into shorter, more focused events as there was no need to review tasks.

Puntos a favor

I like the way you can use it for managing resources.

It is very easy to assign resources to multiple projects and to see resource assignments and resource capacity.

I use resource assignments in PPM to report project progress and I find the reports easier to understand and more meaningful that the reports that generated in standalone MS Project.

I also use this resource assignment ability to slice and dice data so that I can see slipped tasks, tasks that have not started, tasks with no deadlines, grouped tasks per release etc. The sky is the limit!

The web-based facility means that resources can see their tasks without needing to have MS project installed on their computers and they also don't need to have any knowledge of MS Project. This makes it easy to deploy in a big organization where there may be budget constraints.

Puntos en contra

It hasn't kept the pace with competitor projects and the various new releases don't differ substantially with previous ones.

Here are a few things I don't like. I know it asks for only one, but I'd like to share some of the challenges.

* You can't send messages to resources from within tasks
* There is no place for discussion in a task apart from Notes, which are cumbersome and you can't then search for text in the note.
* You can't sort the list of files backed up. That makes restoring files a bit of a challenge as you need to be really careful before you restore a file.
* After all this time, the product is still not stable and there are still intermittent bugs to which there don't seem to be any solutions.
* the filter capability of the views is limited and you can't use brackets.

Jose de jesus R.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

My experience in Microsoft PPM, a tool for the control of Projects in an efficient way

Revisado el 19/6/2018

I would recommend it extensively because it is useful to the final user, to be able to know the tool before it can be acquired and to know the opinion of a true user who takes advantage of each component every day, I am very pleased to participate in this program and thus contribute my experience.

Puntos a favor

Generally within the environment where I perform this tool is very useful, because your way of organizing work is excellent, to me as a professional in the area of technology adds incredible benefits, allows me to see tasks in a single presentation, resources, project execution times, remaining time, as well as progress, at the management level it has the advantage of making the most accurate decisions regarding reallocation of resources, time and other elements that intervene in the projects that I control from my area. It is great as all the work team that is under my charge is integrated to the use of this tool and we can be synchronized under the same objectives of the institution.

Puntos en contra

Despite being a great tool for project control, there is no way to measure the productivity of the work team or individually, this would help a lot or a lot to give the incentives to achieve jointly, departmentally or individually, even more when you want to highlight the merits of the team. Likewise, the cost of this tool for a medium or small company would be difficult to acquire or would be underused since in small environments the management of the projects would not have as many elements.
However, I am very pleased with the kindnesses I have found in it.

Hans L.
  • Sector: Marketing y publicidad

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

The best project management tool in the industry!

Revisado el 7/10/2016

Microsoft Project is undoubtedly one of the best project management tool in the industry, whether you are working on projects in different fields such as IT, Marketing, Finance, Construction, etc. As long as I can remember, MS Project has been helping me deliver projects successfully. It's a software that is ideal for collaborating with my team and it aids in effective planning as well as allocation of resources. Probably the best feature of this program is the resource management aspect of it notably the workload tracking with everyone involved (team members, client, and vendors).

I normally use the Gantt Chart view since this is the easiest to work with and most common as well. I don't think I've ever worked with an easier software that can do simple changes such as linking multiple dependencies. In addition, this is more visually intuitive and you can easily manipulate the shape and colors of the bars (this is very helpful when dealing with multiple tasks).

Overall, this software is definitely one of the top ones out there. It takes a lot of practice to get used to it but having templates (especially the ones specific to your company/industry or whenever you are working on similar projects with identical deliverables [ease of use = tasks are populated]). One good advice for people who are interested in project management: learn this software early one if possible. I know many universities teach the MS Project basics.

Puntos a favor

Ease of use, visually presentable (especially when dealing with many tasks), most common software in the industry

Puntos en contra

It takes some time to learn the software so it can be intimidated to new users

Dario V.
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 11-50 empleados
  • Software usado Otro durante Más de dos años

• Probabilidad de recomendación 5.0 /10

This is the reference for Project Planning but you might find better options

Revisado el 18/3/2020

I used this product at a large bank and they used this to keep track of every.single.thing. developers did, so it was really time consuming updating everything on a daily basis. PMs had a nightmare maintaining everybody's schedule and making little changes to the plans so they would adjust to minor variations and unexpected stuff. The bank had build an automation engine for Project so every file was crunched by it and used to calculate everything from bugdet updates to productity bonuses. It was really a grim time when some tool told you the bonus wouldn't be available to you in the current quarter.

Puntos a favor

Microsoft Project is the 200-pound gorilla that most enterprises use, mainly because their companies already have all the Office bundle and this software might come included. Make no mistake, this is a compelling and thorough piece of software, but sometimes it's a little overkill for simple, quick tasks (like sketching a project while it's being pitched) and it really focus on being a good-for-everyone without much emphasis on usability or friendliness. Other newer options have emerged in the last years, so there's a big possibility that you could find exactly the software for your needs on a cheaper, even free option.

On the plus side, MS Project supports really giant plans, as well as collaborative efforts and automation. The fact that it can be automated through code written in C# might be its more appealing feature for enterprises and large companies.

Puntos en contra

Like most MS software lately, this can be a memory and CPU hog. It really has tons of features so finding the right tool can be time-consuming. The usability could be much better, especially for my use case which is quick prototyping of projects in order to create budgets and proposals.

Hani V.

enterprise project management (EPM) system

Revisado el 15/10/2019

Microsoft project is a famous and old tool for planning and controlling projects. I’ve used MSP in different IT and construction projects. It has almost all the necessary features for a project team. Project scheduling, cost management, resource management, risk management and portfolio management are some of its features. Also Earned value management (EVM) provide different Indicators for project evaluation. You could add custom field and formula to project based on your requirements.
For a year we implement this Microsoft solution on SharePoint site and we use it as an enterprise project management (EPM) software. It use SQL Server as database. Network project management was a great new experiment. In project web app (WPA) you could define different access level for project team and assign task to them. We also use Microsoft power BI and power view for designing charts and diagram to control the project status. It is also possible to use Microsoft Nintex as a workflow engine to implement simple processes on your team.

Puntos a favor

As a Microsoft tools it has a great integration with other MS solution as name above, but it’s hard to integrate with externals apps.

Puntos en contra

MSP is a classic project management tools that support different standard for project management, like PMBoK. But it’s not a tool for agile project management such as Scrum and Kanban.

• Sector: Hostelería

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

MS Project Review

Revisado el 15/12/2018

With Microsoft project Manager my company can complete weekly and monthly milestones; we are changing our web-based applications for Hospitality Business Intelligence tool and using Microsoft project Manager we can accomplish deadlines and make our product better and clients happy. More and more issues are getting resolved faster with using Microsoft project Manager because we can tackle those daily tasks at hand. Microsoft project Manager is easy to share the project within our organization and anyone can edit it.

Puntos a favor

Microsoft project Manager is one of the best suitable software for getting customizable reports for any project. I am able to create milestones, goals, and set timelines within my department at work to complete daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly tasks. If in an event I have to move a task over Microsoft project Manager can determine automatically how long the milestone will be completed based on the due dates and timelines. Microsoft project Manager comes with the Microsoft Office Subscription, but that is only if you purchase the full or pro version. Moreover, Microsoft project Manager makes projects organization very easy and quickly make positive impact is business problems and management.

Puntos en contra

Microsoft project Manager can take time to learn and get adapted to different features of the product; Secondly, the product is pricy Microsoft project Manager does come standalone, but included in the pro version of Office is actually cheaper, the standalone can cost a lot.

Lilians C.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

I think it is a very efficient software, it has been an indispensable tool to plan my projects.

Revisado el 24/5/2018

It has brought me many benefits, among them it has allowed me to plan my projects in a faster way, since with this tool I can take control of the execution time and the budget with a clearer and more global vision, it has been a tool for me great utility and has more functions than those used daily.

Puntos a favor

The software has several advantages, mainly it organizes my projects in a more complete way, because before using it to my Excel plans, with the difference that Project has daily the progress of the project with graphs and diagrams for a faster analysis, Without exceeding the available budget, also plan from small to large projects with the great advantage that I can link them or work them separately. I find it interesting that the project control allows to save the line of the original project to compare it with the modifications that are made in time. On the other hand you can save the file in other formats to facilitate printing.

Puntos en contra

In my personal opinion Project is not easy to use for beginners, initially I found it a bit complicated for the basics of the program, even for other more advanced functions it should be easier, for example at first I did not understand because Project sometimes my activities with a duration in decimals even when I assigned him the full day. I think it could be used by students as a tool to plan their activities so that later in the professional field they are more familiar with the software, but for that it must be more user friendly.
On the other hand, I think that its biggest disadvantage is that the activation of the license is a bit expensive.

Susan A.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

It ensures the full management and productivity of the projects.

Revisado el 24/7/2019

For me , it has already saved me tons of time and allows me to be more productive and able to manage the projects in a quicker way. We can easily mold a rough draft of our work into something much more valuable and viable with the help of this tool. It has allowed me to perform various operations of managing my tasks in a much better way.

Puntos a favor

Microsoft Project Management offers the most easy and viable solutions to sort out our daily routines tasks and implements a total calculated solutions for our projects. We can input the required info and get the detailed and visually aid solutions for our projects. We can easily view progress better, collaborate in an efficient way. We can easily set out tasks and keeps a thorough surveillance of our work. It allows us to make decisions independently.

Puntos en contra

In order to gain full advantage of this tool, one should have a fine knowledge of using this tool. So it requires a training and sound knowledge of operating the management tool. Just because of its complex operations, one can have difficulty in operating it. The overall license purchasing expense is a bit higher and it gets bit difficult for us to measure the overall productivity of the projects.

• Sector: Relaciones gubernamentales

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

PPM is a powerful tool for program management

Revisado el 5/8/2018

Puntos a favor

As a Program Manager I used MS Project and Portfolio Management full suite of product quite extensively. I managed multiple projects ranging from small to large projects. Our network spanned across multiple groups domestic and global. Our initial project only used MS Project in the early stages until the full suite of PPM was available. Projects were easier manage and it helped us stayed within budget. The tools were not as easy as I anticipated to integrate, however with the right planning I’m sure it can be integrated fine. It’s important that the program team is knowledgeable about all the capabilities so it can be used in their projects. We used the entire portfolio in all our programs.

Puntos en contra

Setting up the entire system is not as easy as I had hoped. It took several iterations in order to get the right process in place and to make sure the program team are properly trained to utilize all the features that are available with all the tools. All tools must be integrated correctly. It’s best to plan and take your time setting it up right.

Amy F.

Microsoft Project, Good tool for an average budget

Revisado el 8/6/2017

For the cost per licence and the ease of use, Microsoft Project is my go to tool for Project Management Software.

Puntos a favor

Most business have some form of Microsoft Suite, Project doesn't come in the standard suite but so adding additional licenses for Project is more cost effective than most Project Management Software. Because it is a Microsoft product, the user interface is like most Microsoft products, so learning how to navigate around Project doesn't take a lot of time. There is so much to this tool. You can do small and/or large project on it. The capabilities that it has are endless, you really can do a lot with this tool.

Puntos en contra

It can be a complex tool, when I first began using Project I had a manager working with me on the Project and helped me get used to Microsoft Project. She had been using it for years, so she had a wealth of knowledge that she shared with me. Without her help, I do think it would have taken me a lot longer to get used to it and be able to use it to its full ability. That being said, the tool can do so much more than I ever thought it could.

Majid S.
  • Tamaño de la empresa: Trabajador autónomo

General porous Project Management tool

Revisado el 11/9/2019

General porous Project Management tool and not applicable in the complicated projects

Puntos a favor

Windows application is really user-friendly. I love the recurring task facility for creating repetitive tasks without the need of creating each task separately. Supporting the different relationship between tasks including FS. SS, SF, and FF

Puntos en contra

I wished it supports backward resource-leveling. It doesn't support the whole areas of the project management body of knowledge including Quality management and risk management in the best way.