1285 opiniones

1285 opiniones
Athena P.
Sector: Comercio mayorista
Traducir a español

A huge help when running estate sales

Software usado Mensualmente durante Más de dos años
Revisado el 18/2/2020
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Square point of sale has been a great asset allowing us to take card payments not only in person when we run an estate sale but also over the phone for clients who wish to pay their invoices with a card versus a check. The option of a text or email receipt is also very helpful for those who want proof of purchase/payment when we don't have a printer onsite.

Puntos a favor

It allows us to take card payments for any amount using the app when a customer doesn't have cash instead of the risk of taking a check.

Puntos en contra

The processing fees are competitive with other services such as PayPal but still high and cut into our profits.

Shannon B.

Excellent POS Software

Revisado el 10/4/2020
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

My overall experience with Square POS is amazing. I have recommended this app to so many people. I’ve known about this product since it’s beginning back when you could get a card reader for free on the mail. This app has always been a saving grace for me. Honestly I will never use any other POS.

Puntos a favor

This software is so EASY to use. Literally it’s a no brainer. I have used this app in conjunction with StylieOne which was an appointment scheduling app and it made collecting payments from my clients so simple. I love the sales and transaction reports that I have access to because it makes my life easier come tax time. Also this app sends you daily sales reports to your email. The equipment to use with the app is inexpensive.

Puntos en contra

There aren’t any cons to the service. Honestly it’s a great service all around. I can’t see how anyone would be disappointed.

Tammy H.

Software usado Mensualmente durante Más de un año
Revisado el 7/11/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Overall I had been having a decent experience with Square but having to spend so much time looking for a phone number and then waiting so long for a person to tell me my customers had to wait 7 to 10 business days for a refund that was caught 15 hours or less from the original transaction was ridiculous. I had to go and get a money order to give one customer for the refund and NOW have to drive across town to now pick up a money order from her once the refund was posted to her account so I can deposit the additional money I gave her Saturday so she had funds through today when the refund posted. A lot of unnecessary running around when it could have been corrected within a day or two not 10 days! It was enough aggravation that I'm looking for another money transfer app for our events.

Puntos a favor

I liked that it was a convenient way to accept payments anywhere via my mobile cell phone through the Square App.

Puntos en contra

I didn't like that customers couldn't make a payment directly from their phone & that Square charges a higher fee to manually enter a credit card. There was a glitch with square that kept showing a different totals than what was entered $82.00 it showed $82.03. The customer said run it with the .03. Then the next day LESS THAN 24 hours later I saw the deposit total from Square to our bank account and it was a lot more than it should have been. I looked up transactions and saw where 2 customers were highly over charged. (1) I entered $52.00 but Square deducted $520.09 from the customers card, (2nd) I entered $53.00 but Square deducted $530.06. I immediately looked through their website to see if I could refund the difference but had no way of doing so through the website. I was able to refund the difference through their Square App. That was done maybe 15 hours later I refunded the difference and sent screen shots of the refunds to the 2 customers. Two days later one of the girls said the refund hadn't processed. What seemed like 30 minutes or longer looking through their website for a phone number - called to speak to someone and was on hold for 30 min. or longer to get someone. This person didn't seem to care that I refunded these customer's accts. 15 hours or less from the transactions took place. He said it would take 7 to 10 business days to refund their accts. That was large amounts of money for someone to wait a week when it was caught 15 hours or less.

Probabilidad de recomendación: 4.0/10

Bill S.

Good Day, Bad Day

Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses
Revisado el 31/1/2020
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

I’m a bit sad. For 6 years I have been using “Shopkeep” as my point of sale software provider. This is my cash register, and where I enter my inventory descriptions, quantities, prices, customer data and pretty much everything about my business. My sales histories, credit card transactions and, most importantly, 6 years of sales and customer info is stored on a distant Shopkeep cloud…. I think?
Six years ago I recall sitting at my kitchen bar and doing endless Google searches and reading endless reviews about the many POS providers and finally narrowing it down to two or three. I absolutely wanted cloud-based with IPad terminals and a small footprint. After doing a few online demos, I chose Shopkeep. And now, six years later, this lukewarm POS marriage with counseling, a lot of arguments and the threat of separation… I started chatting with “Square”. Yep, Square is the biggest cloud-based, IPad POS provider in the country. I am not a sheep, and I hate going with the Walgreens or WalMart of POS systems, but after six years of Shopkeep, I think I finally know what I really want. And for fear of sounding too techie or like a spouse coming out of a bad relationship, I’ll just say, one of the many advantages of being a billion dollar company is you can hire the best developers and programmers money can buy. So, need I say more. It is a wonderful product and no one is even close as to how it operates.

Puntos a favor

It operates just like your mind works. It is so logical. It was so simple to upload my inventory and customer data.

Puntos en contra

No option for another color system. The white color sticks out like a sore thumb. Otherwise, I would say they nailed it.

Mylinh T.
Sector: Medicina alternativa

Square POS app

Revisado el 21/4/2020
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

This has been great with no problems! It allows me to bill anywhere and review my billing history. It gives me a breakdown of new clients and how many returning.

One thing I would like to see change is the 1099 form. It only gives me one if I sell more than $20K in products a year. I would like to be less and more flexible for small business owners!

Puntos a favor

This is portable and accessible from anywhere. I also like that I can send invoices, schedule a time for it to send and set up reminders to the client!

Puntos en contra

On the initial setup, my profession was not setup up properly so I was not able to accept HSA or FSA credit cards. It was because there was no option for me as an alternative healthcare provider. Customer service helped me and my issue was fixed!!

Judtih N.
Sector: Marketing y publicidad
Traducir a español

Great for accepting payments in person and online

Software usado Mensualmente durante Más de dos años
Revisado el 31/3/2020
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

The ability to accept payments in person without a long and intimidating application process is revolutionary and has helped us accept payments in person and also remotely when needed.

Puntos a favor

Square was our first payment processor after Paypal once this industry started innovating. At the time there was no API so it wasn't a complete solution but now they've caught up. The convenient device to accept payments at in person and the ability to key in payments through the app are still a USP of Square.

Puntos en contra

Square was a bit slow to get their API and start to integrate with 3rd parties so a lot of our online traffic shifted elsewhere. How ever this isn't a negative about the software as now they have a ton of great features. Nothing bad to say except integration with more online sites and invoicing software would be welcomed.

Catherine O.
Sector: Fotografía

Bad service good product

Software usado Semanalmente durante 6-12 meses
Revisado el 27/2/2020
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

I love it for everything, even non business activity when my mom is trying to send money for my kids sports. I just manually enter her card, transfer to my account and go get their sports stuff but it really helps the business alot. I think the actual cash register conputers are nice as well as the headphone jack swipe style. Uniquely created for all. The business is growing with all the offered payment options

Puntos a favor

I love how easy it is to use. Very easy to put products into the pos. And I love being able to get the square reader when opening an account. Being able to enter cards manually is great too! Invoicing is easy for others to able to pay online. Its a very well rounded system.

Puntos en contra

Even though I like the security features square uses, they are also the downfall. Sometimes they put holds on your account when there isnt any suspicious activity and then you have to call and verify and make a big run around mess to finally get your money. It's a pain with customer service but the security is nice so I don't mind too much. Could make that a little easier to deal with though

Probabilidad de recomendación: 6.0/10

Spencer M.
Sector: Restaurantes

Great Product

Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses
Revisado el 29/4/2020
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Was very unhappy with my former POS and switched to Square. I knew I made the right decision when I saw the bank statements. They only take exactly what they show you. Also during the Covid-19 pandemic they waived their Restaurant App monthly fee.

Puntos a favor

Easy to use, complete control over everything. Full integration with tons of free features that other companies charge for.

Puntos en contra

None, great product. 100% recommend this to everyone.

Square is so convenient

Software usado Mensualmente durante Más de un año
Revisado el 3/3/2020
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Super easy to navigate and user-friendly. Customer service has also always been very helpful.

Puntos a favor

I love how portable and easy to use the hardware is. It makes all the difference being able to be mobile and also look professional.

Puntos en contra

I don't like that it doesn't integrate with Wix. It's less convenient when I have to toggle b/w Square and Stripe.

Danieal J.
Sector: Administración educativa
Tamaño de la empresa: 51-200 empleados

Square POS

Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de un año
Revisado el 30/1/2020
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

My sales has increased nicely since using Square POS. I appreciate they have features that allow you to maintain good records on invoices and sales.

Puntos a favor

As a business owner, Square is awesome, affordable, and gives you additional methods of payments for my customers. I like how I can use the Square POS without having any internet access. I just attached the Square to my phone and I am available to process sales.

Puntos en contra

Contacting customer support has been challenging due to its limited availability. Addition to, having to go through a long process just for them to verify my information to get assistance on my account.

Navine A.

Love Love Square

Revisado el 11/12/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Overall, I prefer square any day over stripe and PayPal payments.

Puntos a favor

Love live square. Love that it can be used for both in store and online payments. It sync with my quickbooks which saves me a whole lot of time. It gives detail daily reports which includes best seller of the day, number of sales, number of products sold and what type of product sold, taxes paid, types of payment the customers used, plus it syncs with my online store inventory. Square gives you all the detail info you never realized you need till you need it all in one place. So easy to use and tailored for retailers. Love the Apple Pay feature too.

Puntos en contra

My big con with square integration is it doesn’t sync well with bigcommerce. By that I mean, my online sales gets imported as a custom order so there is no itemized list of what the customers bought. Also with bigcommerce, there is no way for me to take Apple Pay or other digital wallet payments. Square does have digital wallet payment options with their square space shopping cart. Fingers crossed they will fix this custom import stuff soon.

Sector: Práctica médica
Traducir a español

Easiest and simplest way to start taking credit card payments for your office

Revisado el 15/12/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Great. Simple and easy to use. People have said that their customer service is extremely hard to get hold of, but we have used it for 3 years and have had no reason to contact customer service.

Puntos a favor

Square POS was very easy to set up. The first card reader you receive (a simple plug in to an iPad or iPhone) was free. We created an account online, attached a bank account, and created a menu of items/services we provide. Then we simply chose photos for each service or product category so that it looks nicer in the app for our employees. The result was a very simple set up and a very clean looking POS.
What's also nice is that Square POS is good at being able to refund patients if something was charged incorrectly. They also get receipts if they choose to via text message or email.
Changing the prices and adding or deleting items on the service/products you sell is quite easy. You simply log in to the website and make changes. Also, you can turn in options such as giving customers a choice to tip or not.
For being an office that used to take cash only, choosing Square POS was the way to go in entering the world of credit cards. We have no regrets and have no had problems. The correct amount of $$ we received (minus 2.75% of every transaction) gets deposited into our account every week. And we no longer have to hire a collections agency to go after those who don't have cash or mail in checks because they will simply pay through credit card now.

Puntos en contra

Square does take 2.75% of your transaction each time. You can find cheaper alternatives, but not with the ease of set up and use that comes with Square. The bigger con about Square POS is that if you have take a payment over the phone and manually type in their credit card information instead of typing it, they charge extra at 3.5% of the transaction.
Also, the first card reader they send you is a simple swiper, but we found that it didn't always work well. Most cards these days have chips, and if you want a good and safer reading you'll want to purchase the Chip reader at $49. We don't regret the purchase though.
Lastly, if you are a restaurant and choose to include the option to allow customers to tip, know that square takes 2.75% of your ENTIRE transaction (including the tip your customers add).

Probabilidad de recomendación: 7.0/10

Joseph C.
Sector: Edición
Traducir a español

Own a business? You NEED this product!

Revisado el 23/10/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

If you're a business owner and you sell products or services, especially if you have multiple sites and/or have a mobile sales force, this product is a must. The access is easy, the interface is friendly, and the payment system is quick.

Puntos a favor

EASY to set up and use! In short time, we were able to set up our entire library online and make it simple to purchase and sell products. Once set up, everything is available to every member of team, so that one of our book sellers in California has access to the same products as a book seller in Michigan the moment the product is placed online. I also love that we can easily create multiple price points for products and can easily access them from the apps on various mobile devices, desktops etc...

The percentages paid to Square are as small as any other you will find, and they deposit funds into your bank account within 24-hours, with same-day options available for an extra, nominal fee. The no hassle, ease-of-deposit, process is a MUST for our small business.

Customer service has been off the charts good, and every small issue has been resolved quickly. I also love that so many web sites integrate with Square so that we can maintain one payment portal for 99% of what we do.

The technology (swipe devices, Point of Sale stands, card tappers/reader...work flawlessly with each and every device we've thrown at them (iPhones, iPads, Android, laptop...) and they look good, too.

Puntos en contra

Honestly, there is little to NOT like about this system. I've tried several others and since switching to Square 5 years ago, I've never looked back.

Aurora G.
Traducir a español

Great as a user and business owner

Software usado A diario durante 6-12 meses
Revisado el 26/9/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for an easy to use and up to date transaction platform.

Puntos a favor

My first experience with Square Point of Sale was a couple years back as a Receptionist in a Fitness Facility. On a daily basis, we used Square Point of Sale whether it was to buy merchandise, memberships, snacks or sign up for special workshops. What I particularly loved most about Square Point of Sale was its easiness to use and software platform. We could receive payments from the company cellphone, iPad or computer depending what was available at the time. The platform was consistent on all three devices and just as easy to use on all of them as well.
In later years, as I opened my own Health and Wellness business, I went straight to Square Point of Sale as my main way of receiving payments. It has been an excellent tool and is always up to date. What I also like the most is how quick it is and easy to receive payments and it accepts most credit cards.

Puntos en contra

Square Point of Sale is excellent for receiving payments and I don't have any negative experience with the platform. The only thing I wish would be that the analytics and reports that I receive for all payments and invoices would be easier to read. I have a bit of trouble understanding them. Other than that, overall great platform.

Traducir a español

A cheap, easy, & convenient CC processing alternative.

Revisado el 18/3/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

We take all of our credit/debit card payments through Square, as well as Apple Pay, Android Pay & Samsung Pay. The ability for a customer to pay, sign, and get a receipt e-mailed to their phone while they are still standing in front of me brings a nice sense of trust and completion to each sale.

Puntos a favor

It is free to set up and implement initially. Square will even send free card processors (they're the cheap ones that let you take a card payment from your phone/tablet, but it will let you start swiping cards immediately). They help keep track of your sales/accounting for non-card payments, too, as long as you enter in the sales data for them. Additionally, the ability to edit & customize withdrawal options is very helpful. I can get funds deposited on a schedule or whenever I choose to (even instantly, although this incurs an additional 1% fee). It is much cheaper and more convenient than a standard CC payment processor, so anyone with a small or mobile business would be wise to check this out.

Puntos en contra

The customer service is a bit lacking. I've never had a real issue with them that didn't resolve itself pretty quickly, but there's been one or two times where I have an issue and get what appears to be an automated response about it. Not a big deal, but when you Google it, on the Square help forums, this kind of response seems to be the norm for most questions/concerns. Fortunately, their system is pretty self-explanatory, that additional personalized help isn't usually needed.

Melody E.
Traducir a español

Excellent as a cash register for small businesses

Revisado el 29/10/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

At the ice cream parlor I work at, the register is programmed with all of the items we sell. You can program buttons to create discounts either by a percentage of the sale or with a flat dollar amount. This program tracks sales by day and by product sold. We have used this for probably 2 years now and it allows us to track sales from the years past to see what the trends are. For example, how busy were we last Mother's Day or when to our sales start dropping as we head into/winter fall. This allows us to make informed decisions on how much staffing we need and what hours to keep our business open for. We can also see how well certain items are selling. So when we introduce new items it allows us to see if they are selling well and gives us insight as to how we need to market for our business. This replaced a simple cash register that we used to have, but it is so much more than a cash register with all of the information you can track and use to make decisions for your business.

Puntos a favor

This is an easily programmable software that can be used to create a point of sale register. I work at a coffee/ice cream parlor and we use the software for our register, and it stores our sales information and has been very helpful in marketing and determining what products have been selling well or poorly

Puntos en contra

I don't know if there's anything I don't like about this program. It's user friendly and I haven't really found any limitations or holdbacks to our business because of this

There's room for improvement, but it's currently THE Point of Sale

Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de dos años
Revisado el 1/1/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Overall, as an independent artist, I'd recommend Square in a blink to anyone in that position. Free reader, easy to use, mobile...It's perfect. For small businesses, I'd also suggest Square - I've worked with the alternative, Clover, and it's so very slow and not as user friendly - but I think Square needs to continue evolving to keep up with those demands. And I'm sure they will given they've already created the flippable platform.

Puntos a favor

Square is simple to use and that's what makes it so popular. The card readers are simple, organizing your inventory is simple. It works really well for me as an independent artist at art fairs and such. I've never run into any trouble using it in that context.

The new flip screen platform is also super wonderful for retail stores and cafes as it takes the pressure off of the employee and the awkwardness of asking for tips etc... disappates. It also seems to run smoother by virtue of the platform not running other apps. Definitely love that Square is expanding their market to meet the needs of larger companies.

Puntos en contra

It gets overloaded and laggy pretty quickly when used in a more dense environment. When I've used Square at small businesses as a sales employee, I've experienced lag between pressing on an item and having it go to the item menu or add to the cart. Also, the free square readers that go into your audio jack are awfully temperamental with continued use and you either have to keep re-ordering them, or just buckle down and buy a reader. The only time the latter hasn't worked was when I had to be mobile while taking orders.

An ISBN scanner would also be super cool integration and would allow Square to be used in more places.

Amanda josalene W.
Sector: Ropa y moda
Traducir a español

In combination with an online shop, Square has more pros than competitors

Software usado A diario durante Más de un año
Revisado el 22/9/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

As stated above, Square has had numerous pros for me when it comes to my apparel business.

Puntos a favor

I love Square and have been a loyal user of Square POS & Square payments. For starters, Square is what helped pave the path for me to be able to launch my clothing / apparel business outside of Etsy. I wanted to launch my own site, have independence away from online marketplaces, and have control over my payments, sales, invoices, etc., and Square is what gave me this opportunity. I am able to do everything within the app, whether it is in-person sales or online. Online, I was able to connect Square with their website service (Weebly), which mean my payments & sales go directly to my Square account.

These are the main pros for me with using Square:
-Good processing fees
-Free Square reader was provided to me (plugs into my iPhone and uses Bluetooth) for in-person sales; allows me to work pop-up shop shows
-Instant transfers to my bank; this was SUPER critical to me since I work in a made-to-order apparel business. I need to have funds instantly for fabric purchases, supplies, shipping supplies, etc.
-Quick invoicing
-Ability to organize customer info and customer data
-Ability to order gift cards for my shop directly through Square

Puntos en contra

I have no cons; Square has been my go-to payment processing software and I will not switch in the future.

Sean U.
Sector: Instituciones religiosas
Traducir a español

Square is the best solution for being able to accept credit/debit cards for small businesses

Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de dos años
Revisado el 23/7/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Like I said, it was rocky to start with because smartphones and that kind of tech were not openly out in everyday life. but once that changed, acceptance of Square did as well. Wonderful product!

- It's easy to use.
- I have never had a situation where something had to be refunded.
- I've never heard of a complaint from someone who's card was used for a transaction.
- super affordable!
- Intuitive

Puntos en contra

when Square first came out, people were cautious and skeptical. I maybe only performed several transactions in the first couple years. then I stopped using it entirely for a bit, not because of square, but because the public in our area was just not up to date with "modern technologies" lol. Now in the age of technology where everyone has a smart phone people are more than willing to pay somewhere that uses Square.

Jennifer R.

Perfect for Small Businesses

Software usado A diario durante 6-12 meses
Revisado el 24/7/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Since using Square for my small business, I have felt more professional and organized. I was using PayPal before this, and I just felt like my customers deserved better. Square gave me options that I did not have with PayPal and made my transaction process smooth and seamless.

Puntos a favor

I love that Square is so easy to use and set up. I run a small company where I sell customized products. Square is perfect because for my company because of the low fees, quick set-up and free initial square reader. In addition, the inventory control option is just so amazing and simple. I can add and control inventory (even add photos) from the app with ease. I can also create and edit prices while creating customer inventories. Square helps my small business feel professional.

Puntos en contra

There is nothing I do not like about Square. It is the most professional off all inexpensive point of sales and is perfect for a small business.

Katrina L.
Sector: Bienes de consumo
Traducir a español

Can now accept payments in person, as well as, online

Revisado el 25/1/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Square helps businesses grow and track sales through their app. With reader, you can accept payments on the go so you'll never miss a sale. I bump into potential customers in grocery stores, paying my cable bill or while at the doctor's office etc.

Puntos a favor

I have used Square for 3 years. I found them while searching for web site builders. I was happy when I located them and read through their policy. Aside from setting up and designing my site, Square provided me with a reader. I plug it into my phone and swipe credit cards. The payments are in my account within two days minus a small fee for using Square's pos reader. I use it along with the app, you can also enter credit/debit cards manually and have the customer sign the screen. I email the customers their receipt. If a customer pays in cash, I can still take the payment and enter cash instead of paying by card. I still send them a receipt. I can set up gift cards and discounts to items online but I choose not to. I keep my items priced low enough to avoid these incentives.

Puntos en contra

They provided me a free reader, decals to stick on my register and window. I have no issues with this company. They are great.

Tamaño de la empresa: 10,001+ empleados
Traducir a español

A great product for a small retail business

Revisado el 29/1/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

I log into Square every day to check the sales of our coffee shop, as I don't work there day to do, but lead the management team. I use the various reporting tools weekly as well, to track how we are doing compared the previous weeks and years.

Puntos a favor

The software has a very low buy in cost and if you aren't processing payment through them it is free. But in the end the best way to use it is to process credit card directly through your Square POS. It was so easy for our staff, but no real POS experience, to figure out how to setup our coffee shop using square. The way you are able to build in all the variables that make up what you charge the customer took the guess work out of things for our person running the POS. In the end, it meant errors in charging the customer were eliminated. We also love that the customer can reply back directly to us via their email or text receipt. Giving us feedback and allowing us to refund them if they had a negative experience.

Puntos en contra

The rewards program has changed a couple times and it was a little confusing for the customers how to use it in the past. though a recent update fixed a lot of that for us.

Celeste G.
Tamaño de la empresa: 51-200 empleados

Highly recommended!

Software usado Otro durante Más de dos años
Revisado el 7/9/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

I love Square! We've used it for years and will continue to use it at our events.

Puntos a favor

Square is easy to use and very reliable.
I love that I can send out user codes to volunteers at our fundraising events and not worry about sharing a main login in order to have multiple people collecting money for our organization. We use Square at all of our fundraising events and it is very reliable. It is also very easy to train a new person on how to use the Square app and reader, which is very important at events when I have volunteers who've never used Square before.

The dashboard is easy to navigate and the reports are easy to read. Square's fees are very reasonable and they are very good about providing Square reader devices for point of sale transaction.

Puntos en contra

The standard Square readers don't work with the latest Apple iPhones that lack the phone jack. This can be challenging so it's good to check with volunteers before an event to get an idea of what type of phone they have.

For large events or occasions when lots of transactions happen in a short time frame it can get hard to see who paid for an item or to match up transactions to items sold. If you do need to track who bought an item or if a transaction was for multiple items (like a person who won several items in a silent auction) then make sure to add notes and have documentation for your staff volunteers on how to add notes while running transaction, otherwise this because hard to sort out afterwards.

Guthrie S.
Traducir a español

Great, but getting less so

Revisado el 22/2/2017
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

We've been with Square since about 2011, and have seen a lot of changes take place over that time. Square is still easily one of the best solutions out there for small businesses that want to pay when they profit, instead of draining out to a merchant account or such, however recently it's also seen a trend towards "Form over Function" which is a bit troubling considering that it's sole focus should be ease of use by businesses for the purpose of minimizing overhead and increasing revenue.

Puntos a favor

Free app, pay when you make a sale, reliability is decent, don't have to purchase your own hardware. Still a strong contender despite it's more recent frustrations.

Puntos en contra

Square has reached a point of maturation in which it's starting to feel like they are inventing new "features" for the sake of doing so (or for the sake of justifying growth to investors), instead of focusing on issues that are most commonly stated in community forums, and requested daily to devs. which would actually help lead to increased market share.

Square would rather overhaul the look of your dashboard to make it look pretty than say for instance create a method in which UPC/EAN's could be stored alongside SKU's for easy internal, and external interfacing of inventory from suppliers.

Square removed the ability to sort by "low" and "out of stock" on the backend without having email notifications enabled, resulting in thousands of needless emails yearly (which we have to filter out) where we used to be able to login, click "sort by" and see a list of what was close to, or out of stock for re-order.

Square changed it's item creation page to require not one, but two additional clicks, and increased scrolling to edit even trivial item options. This used to be able to be done in one click, and all fields visible. Also, the "Delete" button is now directly beside the "Save" button, make sure you don't click it by mistake.

Had engineers followed up (as promised) to any of the three phone calls made about these issues I would not be as harsh, but as they haven't, here you go.

Probabilidad de recomendación: 5.0/10

Rick R.

New SQUARE Dedicated POS system is great -- Just needs expansion modules

Revisado el 6/5/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

I can look at reporting from my house, most other POS systems don't allow for that. I can also add to and take from my inventory and item list, I don't have to be tied to my facility to make it work.

Puntos a favor

It's simple to setup, simple to use and most importantly -- simple to train. It's so intuitive that the staff took to it in less than 5 minutes of training. Also, because their dedicated POS system "Square Register" is purpose built, we are able to use iphones and ipads to do tableside ordering which makes the workflow and throughput of the bar stools that much faster.

Puntos en contra

The reporting is not granular enough with time. You have to find out the hard way, when you want reporting from 9am on Monday through 2am on Tuesday, you have to run two separate reports. And to top it off, you have to learn the hard way that when you select an hour, it will show you everything through XX:59:59 of that hour, if you select the next hour, you're adding that hour's data to your report. They should offer software updates to improve reporting and maybe consider add-ons that are industry specific.