SpiraTest

¡Escribe una reseña!
Potente software de gestión de pruebas

Relación calidad-precio
4.4/5
Funciones
3.8/5
Facilidad de uso
3.9/5
Asistencia al cliente
4.4/5

Un ha recomendado esta aplicación
Ordenar por

Reseñas de 105

Juan
  • Sector: Banca

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Do you want the red pill or the blue pill, the choice is up to you.

Revisado el 1/8/2019

Automation v.s Manual and training has been made easier for an individual whom prior to 2018 had no I.T experience, I could pick up the product and teach myself with the Inflectra Webinaar sessions provided by CSR and the bloaks. FORZA

Puntos a favor

Spira Test meets halfway with Agile methodology and brings it to life with a user experience unparalleled in the current industry, excelsior!

Puntos en contra

Users not using it as designed, other than that.

Almost perfect, keep doing what Inflectra's doing.

Hugh
  • Sector: Software informático
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 2-10 empleados

We Use it Everyday

Revisado el 2/12/2016

We use SpiraTest daily. We use it as a repository for our requirements and use the workflow to help move them through the review and approval cycle. There are some issues with the workflow that need to be fixed by Inflectra but overall it helps us to be more efficient.
We convert the requirements to test case shells and the test team writes the test cases based on the shell. It makes it very convenient to be able to have the requirements and the requirements tied together. When the test cases get executed SpiraTest helps us see where we are in the test cycle.
Additionally, we use the incident management to track bugs and other issues that arise during the test process.
Overall we like the product. There are some outstanding issues that Inflectra needs to address, but the customer support has always been very responsive and being a small business the price of the package and support has been affordable.

Puntos a favor

Affordable and has lots of features.

Puntos en contra

Some quality issues. The software is well thought out, but it takes a little bit of time to learn its operation.

vivek sarma
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 51-200 empleados

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

Nice tool but needs lot of improvement

Revisado el 10/11/2018

Puntos a favor

1) Cloud based software and hence we dont have to worry about maintaining it.
2) Can create Test plan and defect in same tool and can link the defect to the test plan ID which is useful feature.

Puntos en contra

1) UI, Look and feel is so old and need drastic change.
2) Session time out value is too low and need to login very frequently.
3) The defect number is not based on the product/project and its based on complete subscription. for ex: Defect number 1 might be for one product and defect number 2 might be assigned to different product. the next numbering should be per product/project.
4) attaching images are not user friendly.

Respuesta de Inflectra

We are a bit surprised with this review as we completely changed the UI about 3 months ago in v5.4. Also capturing screenshots is very easy, you just paste in the image, no uploading needed, perhaps the user was not aware of how this works.
In terms of the IDs that is correct, but that is because you can share defects across projects (unlike other tools like JIRA) so you need to have globally unique IDs.

Vasu
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 201-500 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de un año

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Spiratest is a complete test management software/Requirements Management Tool

Revisado el 7/12/2017

Efficiently manage automated and manual test scripts and cases.

Efficiently manage automated and manual test scripts and cases.

Puntos a favor

Great tool to help organize software testing needs like project requirements, building a test plan, writing the tests, planning the test activities and capturing the results also like bug tracking in the automation testing as well manual testing. Easy to use and everything can be tracked in one application..that's awesome.one tool for all like document collaboration,Test Case Management,Project Management,Requirements Management and etc and mainly affordable cost compare to other similar software

Puntos en contra

The UI, is not very friendly with a complex form to work on it
frequently user experience application hang problems

Respuesta de Inflectra

Thanks for the great review. We have actually made some major UI improvements in the user interface in v5.3 this year, with most customers liking the new streamlined, simplified look.

Marc
  • Sector: Consultoría de gestión

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Spiratest is the prefect monitoring solution for our testing needs

Revisado el 17/8/2016

I have recommend Spiratest to my client ever since their version 2.0. The easy to use presentation, the report generation, the overall test structure of using a Test Catalog (Test Scenario) to built specific group of sequential test cases (Test Sets) help me create the proper tracking for mastering of End-to-End Test Scenario (reusing single test cases as modular steps)

Puntos a favor

Easy to use and personalize dashboards

Puntos en contra

Addon (Excel / Word) not in synch with the version which cause a lot of rework. Upload/Download from Excel is only available at version 4.0 but doesn't work with the version 5.0 for Test Cases/Test Sets, etc...

Respuesta de Inflectra

Thanks Marc for the feedback. Don't worry we are in the process of updating the Excel Add-In for version 5.0 so that you won't have to worry about that part in the next month!

Sathish kumar
  • Sector: Importación y exportación
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 501-1,000 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de un año

• Probabilidad de recomendación 5.0 /10

SpiraTest in not meeting our expectation

Revisado el 2/12/2016

It would be good if you can improve your product usability and user-friendly
Customer support...

It would be good if you can improve your product usability and user-friendly
Customer support resolving issues are not as expected - for many issues, there was no solution from support team
While using the application we were getting exceptions in many areas
Overall I would like to see if you can improve on the below-mentioned areas, which is affecting us very badly
1. Allow to delete user
2. To prepare a test suite for execution - takes lot of time
3. No flexibility to add our own status to Requirements/Releases - due to this we are not able to sync with Jira properly
4. Filtering or searching is not working properly
5. Report can be made simple to use
6. Still struggling to understand how your dashboard displays the data
7. Not able to sync Severity field of SpiraTest with Jira
8. Uploading test cases is been very difficult (we don't have folder option ) to directly upload the test cases into a specific folder.
9. Bulk Edit of test cases is not available

Puntos a favor

Cost wise it is affordable

Puntos en contra

Already listed in my feedback

Respuesta de Inflectra

We have worked very hard to help out Amber Road, but they have some environmental issues with their database server that has taken time to resolve. We are currently working with their IT group to get access to their on-premise installation to help them pinpoint which parts of their infrastructure is causing issues.

Tim

• Asistencia al cliente

Great value for money software with fantastic support

Revisado el 11/4/2018

Puntos a favor

Have been using Spiratest for the last 3 years for defect tracking and test execution. It was already in use when i joined the company and i found it easy to use and feature rich. We use e seperate project for each or our customers & we can give them access to their own project to track defects during UAT.

Puntos en contra

Reports and workflows restricted to individual projects which gets really frustrating unless all work is done in a single project. No Enterprise reporting included so far, but i am told this is coming soon.

Tarun

Spira Hosted Solution

Revisado el 5/12/2016

I am into quality assurance and testing. We were always looking out for a test repository that can help the team in sharing test assets and also produce reports. SPIRA lets us do both. We are only using SPIRA to define what we use in our requirement and defect tracking tool. It has been very helpful in showing test runs to the senior management as well.

Puntos a favor

Ease of use and it's setup

Puntos en contra

Excel functionality to export test cases needs an improvement as we cannot export only a limited set of test cases.

David

Worth the money ;-)

Revisado el 29/6/2011

It would be nice to have a forum/wiki on your website, where people can exchange knowledge or problems with other users.

Puntos a favor

quite easy to create testcases
management of releases is a good feature
interfaces between ldap and jira work well
clear structure (by folders) of testcases
clear notion of testing progress
good export features (ecxel, word, html)
support is very fast, competent and friendly

Puntos en contra

As a beginner it often happens that you leave a page without saving your work (for e.g. by clicking a link in the navigation). A hint, that you explicitly have to changes before you leave would be very helpfull.

When deleting an item, there is a confirmation dialog. It would be helpfull if this dialog would also contain the name of the item to be deleted.

It would be nice if attachements (e.g. screenshots) could be synchronized between jira and spiratest.

If you comment on an issue that has already been synchronized to jira, this comment is not submitted to jira (it only works from jira to spiratest)

Error messages within the windows event viewer are not easy to understand.

Respuesta de Inflectra

1) We do have support forums on our website (which we have let the customer know about)

2) We shall be adding better save and delete confirmations across the application.

3) The ability to sync attachments to/from JIRA will be part of a scheduled update to the plugin.

Peter

• Asistencia al cliente

Excellent Support Reponses !

Revisado el 17/6/2011

Great product for the 4-5 days I've worked with it.

Great product for the 4-5 days I've worked with it.

Puntos a favor

Took a few days to get used to but decent interface and meets most our needs thus far, submitted questions to Support on details and got great rapid response. Thank you !

Puntos en contra

Can't link a Requirement# to a Test Step within a Test Case.(Support forwarded request to development). Adding screen shots to a Test Step doesn't look like it can be done - we have lots of screen shots per our existing test steps, would like to get them in somehow, not just listed at the bottom of the Test Case. Q: Is there a way to display multiple Test Cases at once down the screen ? Often, there is a need to reference other Test Cases content more easily than clicking back and forth to another Test Case, so another Test Case can be completed or edited. It would be nice to be able to see multiple Test Cases displayed on the screen somehow, in parallel, or cascaded format, like Windows does - for ease in scoping a bigger picture say for consolidating similar Test Cases already written, etc. Thanks.

Respuesta de Inflectra

User was not aware of test step attachments tab, we provided guidance on how to use.

Regarding the display of multiple test case, the system supports the use of browser tabbed browsing so that each browser tab can contain a different test case.

Chris Deaton, ASU

Calificación general

this is not my first test management system

Revisado el 6/3/2014

I come from more than a decade in Quality Assurance and I normally use Mercury Test Director or QTP. I am sure if you touted out feature lists one of the big guys would win and maybe a little bit in usability. I looked at more than a dozen products and the bottom line is that SpiraTest is a hugely superior value over everything I evaluated.

We installed 9 months ago after an extended trial where we used it on a small cycled project. The staff was a tremendous help and a big part of our decision. We manage testing cycles for various projects across many departments. We are able to train quickly and let people take over as their own project owners in many cases and just stay in touch and help them along the way. Other projects we manage internally. One repository already has 13,000 test cases in it from a previous software import.

Puntos a favor

The value was great. Nothing came close.
The flexibility is great with the plugins. We are attached to our hosted JIRA service and are working on Selenium right now.
The support staff has always been great, from the first day of our trial on.

Puntos en contra

We have had a few down times. It was never enough to warrant a phone call, but a minor frustration.
Image use is limited or at least not how we would like it.
Its not perfect. :)

SR QA Engineer

• Asistencia al cliente

Excellent Product with Very Low Cost (ownership) backed by Top of the line Support.

Revisado el 12/6/2012

Very highly recommend, especially to small teams (may be upto 50).

We are a small team and...

Very highly recommend, especially to small teams (may be upto 50).

We are a small team and this product seem to top our evaluation of about 15 products. We wanted something that works with JIRA; then selenium and TCL scripts. And this does all of those with good QA test management. This may be our product of choice.

Puntos a favor

Has all the features we need to manage our SQA dept. Excellent integration to bug tracking tools. Great integration with automation testing for our needs - web, api as well as shell scripts.

Excellent product, superb customer support. Very easy to setup and use. Great documentation.

Excellent support - we are still evaluating this tool (along with bunch of other tools) and these guys respond to every question (even small) with very detailed explanation and very promptly. Customer service rating is 10 STAR not just 5 star.

Puntos en contra

None. Yes - none that are holding us back.

In this budget range their reporting features are more than what we could expect (very good), though few additional improvements may be made. Note, we have not tried to customize them yet.

Daniel

• Asistencia al cliente

For me I look for a tool that allows me to get my job done faster.

Revisado el 10/9/2008

For me I look for a tool that allows me to get my job done faster and still provide me the data I need. This tool does that and with the enhancements that are planed it will actually be very valuable for other portions of our company.

The other thing I look for is a responsive customer & tech support team. Inflectra has hands down the best support teams I have ever worked with. Makes all the difference when you can tell them what you need to product to do and the actually address your needs.

Puntos a favor

I really love this tool it does exactly what I need as a QA manager and gives me a lot of flex ability. The best part is the service. From the phone support to the responsiveness of the development team I could not be happier with this purchase. This is the first QA application I have ever used that I could say that about.

If you are looking for a tool to track REQs, Releases, Test Cases, and Defects this is what you are looking for.

Puntos en contra

I can't really think of any cons with the product or the service. Anything I can thing of they are in the process of adding to the code.

Ovidiu

• Asistencia al cliente

Overall, SpiraTest gets a 9 out of 10 for its reach functionality and ease to use.

Revisado el 12/6/2009

9 because there...

9 because there also is room for improvement and because, even though we consider it to be the best tool that fits our needs, we would have wanted functionality that allows us to reuse test cases easily.

Puntos a favor

Excellent Customer Support, starting from the first day of evaluation.
Easy to implement and to use.
Offers integration with Jira and it uses more or less the same look and feel.
Excellent Price !
Very customizable.
Possibility to attach files without size limit.
Very good reporting options, migration options and e-mail notification options.
Project based.

Puntos en contra

It is not possible to use test cases from one project to another, even though some functionality can be common.
However, this does not happen in all the companies, only a few might need to use the same test cases when testing two projects with common functionality.

Rajesh
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 11-50 empleados
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de un año

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

maintenance is very easy, loved the folder structure

Revisado el 23/8/2017

Execution cycle is maintained
Repository Easy to share

Execution cycle is maintained
Repository Easy to share

Puntos a favor

the release wise maintenance of folders and test cases are very good, user can execute same test case for each release

Puntos en contra

filters and copy fasting the test cases is very poor, sometimes it hang for all users who are logged in at the time someone copies it

Anna

SpiraTest 2.2

Revisado el 30/9/2009

Excellent value for money

Excellent value for money

Very rich functionality, close to HP Quality Center, in some areas even better
Excellent customer support, bug fixes and enhancements available, features requested by customers are implemented
Very affordable price
Easy to implement, no complex software / hardware pre-requisites, an average Windows user can manage to install
Easy to understand functionality, very little training required, most of the features user friendly

Puntos en contra

Some features are not very user friendly:
Association of requirements to test cases and calling a test from another test case

No dynamic call of parameters

P

• Asistencia al cliente

Great tool at a great price!

Revisado el 1/3/2016

Really intuitive and easy to use.
Does everything we need it to:
- captures requirements
-...

Really intuitive and easy to use.
Does everything we need it to:
- captures requirements
- allows us to plan and design tests (and map requirements to them)
- execute test runs and log incidents on the fly
- with the option of managing incidents separately too
- brilliant how related artefacts keep track of each other and the users can, at a glance, assess the overall progression of testing
- document collaboration
- really flexible and easy to customise from an Admin perspective as well
- LDAP and email notification functionality really useful
- huge array of useful add-ons
- absolutely inexpensive when compared to HP Quality Centre.

Claus

• Asistencia al cliente

Highly adaptable and flexible solution that has lifted our test organization.

Revisado el 8/3/2016

When we started out using SpiraTest nearly 4 years ago, we didn't have a structured process for mapping Requirements to Test Case coverage, or indeed test results.

We started out from scratch, and have since expanded the use of the tool inside our organization to our remote location also.
SpiraTest has enabled us to gain clear tracability and easy test case management, that makes regression test planning easy, and development of new test cases clear.

We look forward to the continued development of the Web interface for test execution, which is the only drawback I can see compared to other solutions on the market.

Pierre

• Asistencia al cliente

Functionality is ok, user interface is pokey but reliable; generated reports are mostly...

Revisado el 13/9/2015

As long as you don't need to generate printable output spiratest provides very good functionality for the price. Traceability of changes to the database, ability to define test plans, match them to requirements sets and automatically generate trace matrices are all very helpful. The only area where the inflectra implementation falls apart is dealing with images, such as screen captures necessary for documenting test results.

Respuesta de Inflectra

We appreciate the limitations in reporting in terms of including images of certain test results and we are working on improving them in future releases.

Gabby

Good product, some cons

Revisado el 10/2/2010

For a company how had no test management tool before this is a good step in the right direction with reasonable ROI. For an organization with methodology and reporting needs and large amount of users, this is not good

Puntos a favor

Very easy to use - self explanatory
The basic dashboard and reports are ok
Easy to install
Good documentation

Limited customization options
No documentation to reports customization
Poor response time when the DB starts to get loaded - the client performance is poor while the srever resources are hardely consumed.

Frankco

Don't under estimate

Revisado el 7/12/2009

I have worked on Test Director v8.0 for several years and this tool was good as gold. When I joined the Health sector, the hospital just purchased SpiraTest and I really under estimated Spira. Giving it benefit of the doubt, I was really astonished using Spira. It is really a one-stop tool and meets all the requirements from Project Manager to Tester. The support I got from Spira was excellent and looking forward renewing our contract.

Frankco

Puntos a favor

I really appreciate the Dashboard, as it provides a one stop shop.

Puntos en contra

Performance is a bit slow and not sure, because of IE6.

Vasantha

Revisado el 26/2/2009

Puntos a favor

It meets our needs and very user friendly. I like the easy upload tool, the Spiratest Importer and the arrangement of data into the spiratest. The settings can be changed easily and it gives an overall ease of use.

Puntos en contra

The colors in ST are too bright and the presence of lots of options, although good to have, are a little confusing. The Help center does not display all the documentation. Some of the help topics are missing.

Scott

Inflectra SpiraTest

Revisado el 11/8/2014

I have used spiratest within a few companies I have worked for now within the testing realm. I find it easy to use, easy to configure and shape the product to your needs. All round it does the job and easy to facilitate and manage the system. Only useful feature that in my opinion is missing at present is the requirements configuration. It would be really nice to shape the processes how you see fit like the incident configuration management.

Otherwise the product is great

Liga
  • Sector: Electrónica de consumo
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 1,001-5,000 empleados
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante 1-5 meses

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Easy to integrate with our workflow

Revisado el 23/7/2020

It's very easy to use. I also like SpiraTest API so I can implement some custom features with my other tools.

Puntos a favor

SpiraTest provides many solutions to integrate with other tools (e.g. Jira) so it's easy to integrate with our current workflow.

Puntos en contra

There is no way to customize the "Execute" under tools. For the Automated test sets, I hope to pop up the message to notify users the schedule of the automated testing for those test sets.

Shitalkumar
  • Sector: Automatización industrial
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 51-200 empleados
  • Software usado Mensualmente durante Más de un año

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Spira Test for Test Management

Revisado el 8/12/2016

Spira Test is effective in Test Management. You can easily manage your test cases for any product with this tool.

Puntos a favor

Trace ability of requirements to test
Test case run and reporting
Bug reporting and management

Puntos en contra

Limited features for defect management
Too many formatting possibilities for text inputs