96 opiniones

Caterease

Software Caterease: impulsado por la innovación.

4.5 /5 (96 opiniones) ¡Escribe una reseña!
Calificación general
Mary-louise T.

Enhance your Inhouse System by using Caterease

Revisado el 20/8/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Software has enabled me to double my business without adding extra support staff. It forces me to answer questions about my events ahead of time so when the event date arrives, I am fully prepared.

Puntos a favor

Well thought out! Software can be customized to do just about anything. It is easy to use - learning curve is approximately 6 weeks to become very comfortable with it. A myriad of reports to choose from and customize. Absolutely the best customer service of any software I've purchased. Very quick and clear response time, Questions are answered within a day. Phone and email support unrivaled. Developer is willing to work with End user.

Puntos en contra

1. Mouse scroll! I use this program at least 6 hours/day; finding those hiding scroll bars and scrolling is continually frustrating and annoying, especially when the detail grids are expanded. The program looks like Outlook and acts like Outlook with the exception of this feature.

2. Recommendation for data entry: In some places 'tab' gets you to the next column, and in some places it's 'down/up' arrow. Often frustrating to remember which to use. It's a waste of time to use your mouse when the 'tab' would do. I would recommend that this feature be streamlined so it's always either 'tab' or 'arrow' key (mouse still available, of course).

Respuesta de Caterease

Mary-Louise - thank you for the wonderful review. I just wanted to tell you that you can disable the hidden scrollbar feature in your local preferences window. So sorry for any inconvenience that might have caused you.

Melissa C.

The name says it all! Caterease has put the Ease into our Catering Operations

Revisado el 9/8/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

One of the biggest benefits to Caterease is all there integrations. From credit card processing with Vantiv to event staff scheduling and communication with Nowsta to EASY, STRESS FREE online ordering setup through Zuppler, Caterease has centralized multiple outside operations of our catering company into one place. This alone has cut our time it takes to prepare, schedule and collect payment for every event we create in half, if not more. Caterease has boosted our business operations and continues to help in our growth on a daily basis.

Puntos a favor

The customization of EVERY ASPECT of Caterease is one of the reasons why we love it so much. Everything can be made to suit your individual businesses needs. You can use their basic templates for prints such as contracts, receipts, billing statements and more or create your own with whatever information you would like. Every single bit of information can be displayed or removed from prints. Anything!! You can even customize your screen views. We have 6 different users linked to our Caterease and each users desktop/window views are customized down to the theme color. We have 2 divisions to our catering company, one is rather simple and the other is very complex. We have one user set up for the simple division and have cut out 80% of the features Caterease offers from that users display because we do not use them with that division so now, those features that we use for the complex catering side don't clutter up or confuse our simple home meal delivery user. The reports and query features are amazing. You can pull a report or query for literally any piece of information the you want. Want a query of all events that had more than 20 peoples worth of rice pilaf in the month of June 2 years ago, its one click away with Caterease. I've been in the catering business for 10+ years and Caterease is hands down the best Catering Software out there if you want to make things your own and customized to your business. I could go on for days about why I love Caterease!

Puntos en contra

Because it is so big and customizable, it does take a while to set up. You can come into it new and work off templates and be just fine but if you want to really take advantage of all the great features Caterease has, be ready to spend some time setting it up. Although it may take some time to setup, once you do, you are all set! With the endless video tutorials and help center articles, you have everything you will need to set things up your way.

Mark B.
Traducir a español

Outdated and not worth the money

Revisado el 9/3/2020
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

I found over my two years with Caterease, the very tool I purchased had become more of a chore than a tool. Nothing about the application made my job easier. I spent more time inputting ingredients, menus, recipes, events, emails, and clients than I'd ever like to admit, and at the end of two years nothing ingredients didn't calculate on menus correctly, menus didn't calculate recipes correctly, and all of their templates for emails/prints/reports look like garbage.

Puntos a favor

Not much, really. Other than than storing contacts, there was not a single facet in Caterease that made the system easy to use for the end user what-so-ever. I would have been better off tracking events, ingredients, and inventory in Google Sheets for free instead of paying $1800 a year for Caterease.

From the top:
Logging in and lack of mobile availability: From a PC, you have to log into a citrix client before accessing your application. You can have the fastest PC on the planet and still have to rely on the speed of their Citrix server to get anything done (which isn't the best.) There is also a VERY bare-bones mobile "companion" app that is almost useless. You cannot add clients or events, adjust the calendar, etc. The only thing you can do is view your current calendar and contact list. And to make it worse, it doesn't store your password AND they have a forced password reset EVERY TWO WEEKS.

The application itself: It's very dated and not user friendly. What should take minutes takes upwards of an hour. Want to copy and paste inside the app? That's going to cost you $600 more a year for the "professional" version. Yes, you cannot copy, duplicate, or paste an event without paying for premium service. I already was paying $1800 a year, that's an insane markup for basic functionality. Everything looks like it was made in the Windows 98 era, and hasn't been updated since.

Reporting: Reporting is a joke. Very limited, very complicated, and overall useless. Again, unless you pay more!

Printing and emailing: Because the application runs through Citrix, printing is very complicated (even worse with wireless printing). Emails, you can create emails directly from Caterease, but it's a gamble if the email sends the caterease-generated attachment.

Respuesta de Caterease

Unfortunately, there is a lot of inaccuracy in this post. First, Caterease utilizes the most current Windows technology. While this customer might not like Windows in general, a quick look at any video on our website shows that program screens perfectly reflect Windows 10 design. More importantly, there is no truth to the description here of features: passwords are controlled by the user and NEVER reset; copying is indeed included and offers more options than any other program; reporting is robust and the most substantial in the industry; printing and emailing are seamless. Obviously, in his frustration with Windows this customer just assumed facts that are not true. Please visit our website or contact our team to see the real program in action. We have only 1000 words to reply here, but a 5 minute webinar can demonstrate that all of these assertions are categorically false. We hope you'll see for yourself.

Probabilidad de recomendación: 0.0/10

Todd H.
Traducir a español

Very Powerful, can do a lot, but too much for my needs

Revisado el 21/11/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Caterease kept all of my work schedule running smoothly, it was a bit of a pain for inventory tracking but it can be done.

Puntos a favor

Caterease has a ton of options and easy to get information out of it as long as you are a subscriber. The Subscription is pretty steep but if you are doing 6 and 7 figures in sales it is worth it. I am a small shop it was too much for what i needed.

Puntos en contra

The Price is too steep for my shop. I have found other software providers but there are some short comings i have to deal with.

Marie B.
Traducir a español

Caterease is customizable and easy to use on the go!

Revisado el 26/7/2018

Puntos a favor

How customizable it is! We were really able to take the software and use it how it best suited and helped our company. And each of our Sales Team can customize their screens and views to how it best suits their day-to-day needs. The Caterease team constantly provides updates and strives to better fit everyone's needs. We recently switched to the web-based server and it makes a huge difference for our Sales Team.

Puntos en contra

As with any software, there are bugs/glitches, etc. but the support teams works quick to fix them and update the software with changes.

Elise G.
Traducir a español

The Caterease software is easy to use and perfect for our needs at Indian Ridge Country Club.

Revisado el 31/7/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

The ability to clearly communicate while standardizing information that is distributed to a number of departments within our country club.

Puntos a favor

Ease of use. I also appreciated the responsiveness of the sales team when our Club requested to update from outdated version to current version 18.

Puntos en contra

I am pleased with the software, which I use daily. If I could make one change, I wish all the fields allowed us to change font style and size.

Sector: Restaurantes

Expensive, old, clunky

Software usado Otro durante Más de dos años
Revisado el 24/3/2020
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

It's just not the best. I eventually moved to Gather, which as much better sales/lead management, event/team communication, and estimate sharing tools. Anything Gather doesn't do, I can fairly easily replicate manually.

Puntos a favor

Caterease offers some good basic tools for caterers, and expanded functionality for scheduling and pack lists that other events software lacks (it is really geared to offsite and large catering operations).

Puntos en contra

It is just OLD. Layered and complex software that inelegantly tied together in unintuitive ways. Took so much time to set up, and perhaps longer to train even clever people to use it.

Greta C.

tracking the data

Revisado el 16/6/2020
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

I can track what menus a customer chose, help anticipate what we may need in future.

Puntos a favor

I like being able to easily track the events - venues, menus, counts, dates, it's all there.

I like that I can export the data as needed in other documents, etc.

I like that it's uniform in presentation.

Puntos en contra

There is a lot of different potential ways to use the data, and I sometimes forget the path to some of the information I need; I need to keep a resource book to remember how to do some things that I don't need to do often.

Probabilidad de recomendación: 9.0/10

Brent M.

Effective Management Tool

Revisado el 29/4/2020
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

CataerEase is an all in one tool to manage every part of your business.

Puntos a favor

The ability to manage all aspects of an organization through one tool is a valuable feature that sets CaterEase apart from the rest.

Puntos en contra

Learning curve to get started was a bit more than I expected but through trial and error, training and provided resources, I was up and running in no time.

Stewart G.

Not User Friendly

Software usado Mensualmente durante Más de dos años
Revisado el 25/8/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

It helps to create a proposal to send to the client for the bagged lunches we sell and to create a kitchen detail that gives them the quantities and information they need to make the food.

Puntos a favor

There is not really that I like much about this software. I think that there are some benefits for our catering sales team (some kind of link between staffing/labor and the software or other features for ease of use) but they generally do not apply to the way I use the software. I normally use it at least once a month but I am not as familiar as them with the ins and outs. It does make a decent looking proposal to send to the client and creating it on my end is simple.

Puntos en contra

It is not intuitive at all. The buttons are in weird place and very small with tiny little icons. It opens so many windows at a time just to complete a simple task and in general with everything you do there are so many steps involved. Within the windows there are more windows with little scroll bars everywhere and everything is cut off unless you enlarge the window and it just gets confusing and messy. You have to save everything you do along the way so if you accidentally close out one of your 5 windows you loose your work. Even starting the program takes about 6 different steps. Every screen just looks really outdated and isn't user friendly. It is not easy to search for events. You can't put in the actual date. You just have to click next week or next month so if your company has lots of events you will be scrolling for awhile. Creating your event details menu lines is also annoying. If you don't put them in exactly the order you want the first time dragging and moving them later is much harder than you would think.

Respuesta de Caterease

We wanted to contact you, but cannot find any company or user with the name you have listed. Please contact us and we can absolutely help you out.

Screen displays and tool bars can be customized by each company using the program. If you are experiencing scrollbars, etc., someone on your team likely redesigned screens in a way that doesn't suit you. This can be changed and locked down.

Caterease also DOES NOT make you save things along the way. We are renowned in the industry for how we handle multi-tasking. Contact us with examples and we can help!

You are also able to search by a specific date and drag/drop menu items (and other details!). We also offer customizable wizard tools that even make the entire event-booking process three simple steps.

Candidly, after reading your post and not being able to find your company in our records, I was almost wondering you were talking about be a completely different program!

Please contact us and we can transform your experience!

Danny B.

I Never Want For Anything

Revisado el 7/8/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

I really do love this system. You can check overlapping of events.. it has flags that identify each event as
"Tentative" if they have not yet committed, "Definite" if they have and other important markers. You can customize HOW you want to see or view most things. I really could not imagine that anyone would not just
love this system.

Puntos a favor

It covers just about anything you could want it to do. There have only been a few things ever I wished
it could do and it couldn't. It is easy to use and reports are easy to obtain. I really love this software.

Puntos en contra

No Quickbooks interface. It would be nice to be able to transfer an invoice into the accounting system. Instead, I literally have to re-type every event over again into Quickbooks. This can be frustrating when you are receiving deposits or payments on events that are two or three years down the road and need to enter the event to apply the payment to it; along with all of the other daily invoices you have to do. And then keep up with all the menu / rental / room changes and updating THOSE in quickbooks.

I do wish the notes and comments section on events would automatically place the initials of whom ever made the comment and the DATE . This could be tied to your log in. Often times there could be 3 or 4 people working on an event and if they forget to put their name.. and the date.. you dont know who they
are. Also anyone can CHANGE or EDIT another persons notes or comments which I dont like. There is
an "audit report" you can produce that will tell you who did what... but its not that easy to read and it takes some experience of looking at it to understand what the report is telling you.

Respuesta de Caterease

Danny, thank you for the nice review. I do want you to know that we DO have an awesome interface with both Quickbooks desktop and Quickbooks online. One click and you can send information to Quickbooks one event at a time or in batch. Please call your sales representative and they will set you up with it.

Sol R.
Traducir a español

The program has revolutionized the ability to move from Mom & Pop to Corporate Seamlessly.

Revisado el 28/11/2017
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

The software has changed my life and given me thousands of hours of time to better manage my business and my employees. Caterease has allowed me to take many companies from paper and pen to the cloud. Caterease has put many of my clients businesses back in their control.

Puntos a favor

The ease of use and windows familiar aspects of Caterease are perfect. Mark and the sales team have helped me as a food service consultant serve many of my clients needs. Customer Support is always available and knowledgeable. The software is not just a program but a catering operational system. I am able to customize so many parts that makes the system adapt to any company with comfort. I started using caterease years ago and the company has made updates many times and has made it exciting to look forward to. Years ago i would spend countless days and weeks making complex spreadsheets to calculate so many informational needs that i had to repeat weekly. Caterease has been built with so much functionality that my weekly repetitive work has dropped down to almost zero and my time as well as my employees time has spiked in productivity. This Software is priceless!!!!

Puntos en contra

What i like least about the software was that i had little access to information on events without my computer!! BUT they recently released the Caterease APP.... Now me and my team access event info on our phones and cant be happier.

Clarence R.
Traducir a español

Caterease has the best customer service!!

Revisado el 16/5/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

This software produces professional proposals, contracts, and invoices with ease that my staff and the clients love. It also produces very specific paperwork that helps my culinary team and event staff produce and orchestrate the best events possible. The friendly, efficient customer service at Caterease is exceptional!

Puntos a favor

We have used this amazing catering software for over 24 years! It has grown and evolved with the industry over the years and remains the best catering software on the market - that I have ever seen. This product pays for itself and the cloud based version allows my staff to work on the fly from any venue, which saves time and money. My staff loves using the Caterease program. The help desk is always friendly, efficient, knowledgeable, and far exceed my expectations of customer service in today's market. They truly go the extra mile!!

Puntos en contra

I do not have any cons for this product or the support staff - give it a try - you, your staff and your clients will be glad you did!

Respuesta de Caterease

Thank you, Clarence, for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with Caterease. We count ourselves lucky for customers like you. You get five stars in our book, as well!

Candi K.
Traducir a español

Makes my job so much easier!

Revisado el 1/8/2018

Puntos a favor

This software is fabulous - you can access your program from anywhere in the world when you have Caterease Connect. The reports/queries are easy to manipulate to find the requested data. The engineers listen to our specific needs - requests show up in the next build! The software is VERY simple to use and can be customized for specific needs. The mobile app is great to check upcoming events on the fly. You can run a query to see how much of each item on your menu you've sold for a certain period of time, the forecast what the change in revenue would be if pricing increases/decreases. You can compare sales for a certain month /period to previous years, forecast future time periods and more. The time savings is phenomenal. What used to take hours can be produced in minutes. Our company has used Caterease for so long, I don't know how we would function without it.

Puntos en contra

The ONLY problem I have is sometimes tech support doesn't answer the phone because they are tied up on another call. BUT, emailing the support desk usually gets an answer quickly.

Sector: Administración educativa
Traducir a español

Caterease Connect helped bring our events process into the 21st century!

Revisado el 1/2/2019
Fuente de la reseña: GetApp

Puntos a favor

I love the versatility of this software. It allows you to input information once and send it to many. It also provides real time reports, invoicing and event orders with one click! Because we use the web based software, I can access it anywhere I have internet connection or phone service. It allows smooth exporting to the calendar that our entire organization uses and allows others to read or print any set up information they need.
Since it is similar to Microsoft office in it's layout, it is very user friendly from the beginning. Service has been outstanding. with the chat feature and emails and FAQ sections for technical assistance there is virtually no wait time when you need help.

Only 2 things I don't like:
There is sometimes a lag when Google updates are released for Caterease to catch up. This causes headaches with my public event calendar.
To run caterease you have to have citrix installed and that can conflict with some programs causing your computer operation to slow down. (Especially with older models.)

David P.
Traducir a español

Great product that makes business easier.

Revisado el 13/2/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

It makes our work easier.

Puntos a favor

The software is great overall! It interfaces with so many different programs, and it's been a huge help that makes our job easier. There is always more to learn about the software, so it's nice to keep adding to the list of abilities. In the past, we used two different programs for booking and invoicing, so it's a huge time saver. Our team only has to make updates once, so it minimizes potential for error.

Puntos en contra

I've had a support ticket for what seems like a simple fix in for a few months, and haven't really received much feedback on it. Also, if there is an issue with the interface, the support staff for each different software says that it is a problem with the other software, so that has been a little difficult.

Respuesta de Caterease

David - Thank you for the kind words! According to our records, you seem to be using a fairly old version of our program. As you probably know, your updates are completely free - and I have confirmed that the feature you requested will indeed be included in our next release (in testing now). As a matter of fact, we improved upon the request by adding a couple of options! Thanks again! Chris Kopriva Caterease Software

Samantha F.
Traducir a español

Contracts are easy than ever to put together.

Revisado el 9/1/2018
Fuente de la reseña: SoftwareAdvice

This product pays for itself. It is so easy to use and I love that it is cloud based.

Puntos a favor

I love that we are able to save line items such as our most popular menu items and their prices. It saves a ton of time being able to select the menu items from a list instead of retyping the product and price every single time. We write up about 100 contracts a day and about 40% of them have similar items so it saves a ton of time.

Puntos en contra

While lots of menu items and venues can be saved in the program, it would be helpful if we could also save the tax for the certain county. Each time we need to go and recheck what the tax is for certain areas.

Respuesta de Chris

Samantha,

Thanks for the review - it's great to hear how much time Caterease is saving you! Just so you know, there actually is a way in the program to save a limitless list of tax schedules. You can even link individual schedules to specific clients or off premise site locations, so the taxes update automatically each time. It's another huge timesaver!

Please feel free to contact our help desk and someone there will be more than happy to walk you through the specifics.

Thanks again!

Chris Kopriva
Caterease Software

David W.
Tamaño de la empresa: 1001-5000 empleados

Caterease Is Aptly Named

Revisado el 23/8/2019

Puntos a favor

It is very intuitive, and once you put in the pertinent data, you can create many different and useful documents. Also the reporting options are outstanding.

Puntos en contra

I can't think of anything, it really does satisfy all of our needs.

Tera G.
Traducir a español

I would recommend Caterease to any catering company

Revisado el 24/7/2017

Puntos a favor

We use Caterease in over 20 of our accounts and it has been a great relationship from Mark in the sales department to Theo and the other tech support crew in the tech support department. The program itself offers all the tools we need to build proposals, beo's, contracts, invoices, etc. It helps us manage our financial viability with the reporting tools it offers as well as prospecting new clients. Caterease offers ongoing training and new tips to help maximize the program to its fullest potential. I would recommend Caterease to any company offering catering services from an off-site caterer to any on site facility.

Puntos en contra

We haven't found anything that we don't like. It does everything we've wanted it to do as far as a software is concerned.

Traducir a español

Caterease is a very detailed software for catering facilities but not the most user friendly

Revisado el 15/5/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

A lot of events/venues to have access to the same information/database

Puntos a favor

The possibilities are endless (Creating kitchen prep list, cost, ordering, budgetting, creating BEO's, templates, financial possibilities)

Puntos en contra

The software is a little archaic and is not the most user friendly. A lot of the functionality would certainly be used more often if the software was easier to use. A lot of duplicate information has to be entered

Respuesta de Caterease

Thank you for the kind words. We've just released a brand new, cutting-edge version of Caterease. Please call our offices so we can arrange training on it for you. We want you to feel fully comfortable with all facets of the software.

You will find that there is never "duplicate information" that needs to be entered into Caterease.

Again - thank you for your kind words.

Probabilidad de recomendación: 6.0/10

Clb C.
Tamaño de la empresa: 10,000+ empleados
Traducir a español

Have used Caterease in various positions with 2 employers. Have used one other catering system

Revisado el 21/5/2018

Puntos a favor

Ease of use across systems (adding an event, account or client is all done with the same + / - icon )

Puntos en contra

Unable to batch print or email documents as one attachment
Unable to view the content of sent emails from within Caterease
Unable to pull up an "outstanding invoice list" across accounts

Respuesta de Caterease

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review our software.

Just to clarify: You can batch print and email documents. You can also view the contents of sent emails from within Caterease. You can also review outstanding invoice lists across accounts.

In fact, you can combine all three and batch email attached invoices to all accounts with outstanding balances. Please call our help desk and we'll be happy to show you how. Thanks again for your review.

Kris C.
Traducir a español

Caterease is easy to use and set up. For our daily use it provides most of the needed functions.

Revisado el 21/5/2018

Puntos a favor

Online login function and can be used anywhere. Easy to copy multiple events, but pricing doesn't always copy. Query funtions for reports, finance and daily events.

Puntos en contra

When updates are made it takes too long to work out the kinks and get our individual set ups back to our settings. Would like better ways to compare year to year financials.

Respuesta de Caterease

Kris, Thank you for your review. Unfortunately, some settings need to be reset during major updates - otherwise, you will not see some of the new features. We do try to keep this to a minimum and notify customers ahead of time.

Also, try the "Yearly Sales Comparison" report. It offers a flexible way to compare year to year financials.

Thanks again for your review.

Niklaus K.
Traducir a español

Caterease is powerful and there's a lot to it.

Revisado el 25/6/2018

Puntos a favor

The sheer amount of features with Caterease is astounding. There is so much it can do from scheduling and pricing events to inputting menu items, and much more! The integrated tutorials are helpful.

Puntos en contra

The interface isn't as intuitive as I would like. It seems like it's in need of a facelift. I feel like we maybe use 20% of all the features we're able to use.

Niklaus,

Thank you for your comments about our program. We pride ourselves in the robust collection of features we offer to satisfy the needs of any catering and event planning operation.

We also deliberately design our program to mirror the functionality of the most common Office applications ¿ to keep the learning curve small. From our records, it seems you are using a version of Caterease that is many years old. There is no charge at all for your company to update ¿ and take advantage of new design options as well as a host of powerful new features! I think you will really like the look and feel of this latest version, which reflects the modern design of other Windows 10 applications. Feel free to contact our help desk today and anyone there will be able to assist you.

Probabilidad de recomendación: 8.0/10

Traducir a español

Great Concept but Very Buggy. Slow customer service.

Software usado A diario durante 6-12 meses
Revisado el 2/5/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

If it was operational 100% there be many but every week there something going wrong

Puntos a favor

The concept is great tool for caterers, though you have to pay for every add on
When its operational - i love it

- Very over priced!!!
- Forever having issues with the program not working. I lose too much time having to followup with customer service to fix issues.
- Is hosted on a 3rd party platform and its forcing a new download access everytime. this make it slow as.. Other CRMs have been smoother operationally.
- You have to pay for every addon... completely stupid idea and makes for costly program. the Web forms are hosted on a separate website which means you cannot customise without using customer service.
- every update seems to create more issues
- its slow in operation to change to different screens
- it doesnt communicate with zapier so creating external forms or merging data is all manual

Respuesta de Caterease

While we're glad you love the program features and concept, we¿re sorry to hear you've had problems. Please know we¿re extremely focused on the performance of our program, and developers work tirelessly to shave precious seconds off of features and ensure a positive experience for every user. Unfortunately, with variables such as internet speed, hardware and more it can be necessary for our team to work with you to troubleshoot your environment.

I realize you are a relatively new user, but I want to encourage you to not accept anything less than exceptional performance, and not assume that any slowdown is the norm for our program. Please contact our support team and we will do we all we can to bring your program's performance up to par with our thousands of other satisfied users.

Regarding price, please know our program has a huge list of features no other software offers, all for no extra price, and advanced modules with unique additional functionality are all purely optional.

Probabilidad de recomendación: 0.0/10