Brightspace

Brightspace

Learning Management System (LMS)

4.2/5 (141 opiniones)
Lilian W.
Sector: Empleo y contratación
Tamaño de la empresa: 501-1000 empleados
Traducir con Google

Robust and diverse LMS for best results

Revisado el 6/3/2019
Fuente de la reseña: GetApp

I think this app is equally useful for both teachers and students. It is perfect for sharing files between users, it can keep people organized, and it also can provide with a high level of communication, as it has features that are not available in other platforms.

Puntos a favor

This app has everything students can use to avoid failing deadlines. It helps students to keep all critical data in one place, so it makes them more organized and aware of the education process. In Brightspace you can drag and drop all kind of files, as well as rearrange them, so new content can be easily seen. For teachers, it is also easy to create different types of tests or quizzes without spending much time or many resources. Brightspace is a well-known LMS and is used across our college as the learning management platform. It is used to distribute the different type of information, assignments tests, which makes the education process for both students and teachers more convenient.

Puntos en contra

This app lacks an intuitive interface. It is difficult to get used it, and it requires time to understand how to activate one feature or another. You need time to customize your interface; otherwise, it will be cluttered and even more complicated to use. There is an option to create discussions, but it is hard to organize them. It also would be nice to have a video chat option so that some lectures can be given online. Tech support can be improved, as it is not helpful and it usually blames users instead of fixing the problem.

Jeffrey W.
Sector: Diseño
Traducir con Google

Capable education software for managing classwork and curriculum

Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses
Revisado el 28/8/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

I need to use the software for my all online Masters program at Eastern University and so far I have not experienced any bugs or delays. Seems up for the task!

Puntos a favor

I enjoy the software in that it is the basis for my online education at Eastern University. I am able to complete my Master's degree without ever setting foot on campus and I can do it all with Brightspace behind the scenes keeping me on track. I am able to see deadlines, post to forums and submit my homework and quizzes among other things. Great software!

Puntos en contra

The software just seems to me, to be a little "work-in-progress" to me. I often find little notifications for the professor of a class on the same screen I'm not supposed to see as a student. It's basically just the UI that could be improved upon. Also, perhaps it has this, but I'm unsure... but it could use a text to speech feature for textbook reading. I have not come across that yet.

Krista R.
Traducir con Google

Brightspace makes online learning easier

Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses
Revisado el 11/12/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

My experience has been good. I look forward to learning more about the capabilities of this new program. It seems promising!

Puntos a favor

Perhaps it is because we switched from Merlin's Blackboard Learning platform (which was terrible), but Brightspace has a much cleaner interface. The simplifying of certain aspects is also a plus, not to mention the ease of changing pages as a teacher instead of having to go into the actual coding.

Puntos en contra

Brightspace is new to me, so I am still sorting out some of the glitches and variations on the Blackboard Learn platform that we used to use.

Elyzabeth S.
Traducir con Google

I use Brightspace every single day!

Software usado A diario durante Más de un año
Revisado el 24/9/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

My experience with Brightspace has only been within the last two years, but the experience has been a rich and pleasant one. I am a Graduate student who spends hours, and hours, on Brightspace every single day. The organization of the site is exceptional. The navigation is easy for anyone to understand. It's made school all the easier simply because of the ease that comes with the use of Brightspace. It's a great source, and I would recommend it to everyone!

Puntos a favor

The simplicity of navigation is amazing. I have to navigate through multiple courses within Brightspace, and it's very well organized and categorized. Which makes school all the easier. There is never any confusion regarding what I am trying to find, and how to find it.

Puntos en contra

The only negative thing I can say about Brightspace is the inability to access previous courses and work submitted within the courses. With that being said, I believe that is a school-based setting, and not a fault of Brightspace.

Traducir con Google

Poor excuse for a modern LMS

Revisado el 8/11/2018

No benefits realized.
Purely a frustrating experience having to use this LMS to manage my post-secondary classes.

Nothing at all.
The LMS has a LONG list of features but nearly all of them are poorly designed and frustrating to use.
I have moved back to old solutions that I used before I was given this piece of software.
Clearly no teachers with any experience were consulted in the design of this.
There was a huge opportunity for D2L when they moved from their old solution to a new Cloud based one. They missed the opportunity

Puntos en contra

The interface was not intuitive. There were very few clear best practices in the interface. The way that you complete tasks changes depending on which part of the interface you are using.
Non-technical users will become quickly frustrated with the number of steps required to complete even the most basic of tasks.
The interface feels like it was built by different groups of developers and designers who didn't communicate with each other. Every developer had their own idea about how to accomplish a task.
Many default options are counter to what an actual teacher would need in their day-to-day tasks.
Nothing in the interface saves you work.
Every task prolongs how long it takes me to do something.
After months of trying to use this tool I have given up and am now searching for alternative tools that make my life easier not harder.

Respuesta de D2L

We're sorry to hear you're having problems with Brightspace and want to help. Please feel free to reach out to me directly so we can discuss the challenges you're having and get you some help.

Probabilidad de recomendación: 0.0/10

Natalie S.
Traducir con Google

Simple for students, set up takes work

Revisado el 13/10/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Very happy with it from a student side when the faculty take time to set it up. But setting up a good classroom can be more work than teaching.

Puntos a favor

Have used Brighspace as a student and as a faculty. As long as the faculty sets it up well it is exceedingly easy to navigate. The features really benefit the educational experience.

Puntos en contra

Setting up the individual course takes time. I felt like I needed to be a coder to actually use to features. We have two full time hired staff to help keep the online classes in this running. Also, the email is ridiculously complicated.

The Right LMS for Our Environment

Revisado el 13/12/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

I mostly encounter the platform when working a project seeking to integrate with the product. To this point, I haven't been limited much on what I can do from an ETL or integration perspective.

Puntos a favor

Brightspace offers a clean UI and flexibility to meet our LMS needs. Our faculty and student body enjoy using it daily to manage course activities. Our staff like the openness of the platform for implementing new integrations and working with data.

Puntos en contra

We've had significant issues with the vendor-provided API in the past. We push grades from Brightspace to our SIS to populate student transcripts. When the API stopped working, it left us in a tight spot. Thankfully, the newer API seems more reliable.

Ho'omana nathan H.
Tamaño de la empresa: 5001-10,000 empleados
Traducir con Google

Brightspace works well enough, but doesn't have great documentation

Revisado el 18/9/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

I wish there was a little more documentation available. Brightspace is incredibly powerful, but the most powerful tools are pretty opaque to use and quite a few of them are hidden pretty deep in the settings.

Puntos a favor

Brightspace offers a great LMS with lots of options for customization. You can completely run an online or in-person class with ease using Brightspace. Everything from assignments to discussions to grading to groupwork is integrated.

Puntos en contra

Brightspace isn't especially user-friendly and there's a pretty steep learning curve. Also, there aren't a lot of good tools for collaborative work, and I typically rely on Google Drive for when I want to have students collaborate.

Joanne D.

BrightSpace

Revisado el 11/4/2019

Puntos a favor

A helpful platform for managing online courses. I especially like the ability for professors to create a checklist for each module.

Puntos en contra

Some of the email messaging features are a little clunky.

Jennifer F.
Sector: Administración gubernamental
Traducir con Google

Brightspace is easy to use!

Revisado el 20/9/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Used Brightspace software while enrolled in community college. I took online classes and Brightspace is the platform they used. Very user friendly !

Puntos a favor

I used Brightspace D2L while taking online college courses. Brightspace is very easy to use. I am older than the normal college student and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to use the software for online classes, but Brightspace is user friendly no matter you age.

Puntos en contra

I cannot think of one thing that I like least about Brightspace D2L. My experience has been above and beyond.

Traducir con Google

Brightspace is a bright choice

Revisado el 27/8/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Overall, Brightspace is great and functional. I love it compared to all the other platforms that I am engaged with. I find this to be very easy and organic feeling, but I do run into minor issues here and there. I was obligated to use this software from my institution that I work at, but if given the choice, I'd select this product. I also have worked with many blog-based websites and this feels more similar to the tools in building a Wordpress or on Blogger. If you are familiar with platforms like that, this should feel very native.

Puntos a favor

I've used a lot of similar products for educational reasons like Sakai, Blackboard, WebCT, Canvas and so on and one of the pros for me that Brightspace offers is that it's very clean looking compared to some of the above. I personally find it very organic and easy to use, but I've also been using similar programs since college. Still, I feel like the tutorials on Brightspacde and the layout of it is very clean and well organized that even someone very new to this software could work with it. Some of the things I really love is the ability to customize my individual courses with colors, banners and so on, and embedding videos and images is much easier --especially when creating several courses and linking a pre-made quiz or re-uploading a video. I concurrently used this alongside Sakai since I teach at two different colleges and another feature that I'm very pleased with is the ease of connecting TurnItIn

Puntos en contra

There's very few items I dislike, and they may just reflect me and my colleagues. Some of the cons are as follows: I have a lot of issues with the grade book that comes with this software. This seems to be an issue I share with my colleagues as well. Some of the grade book issues range from students not being able to view grades, even after I make them visible to them and the site showing a percentage or point instead of a letter grade, even when I click the option for that. I've also had issues with making internal links to site material. For me, I'll be able to view my links, but my students are often unable to. For instance, you can create announcements that are sent out to your collaborators and in that you can put links or embedd videos and images. When I put hyperlinks to external resources, it'll work fine --same with embedding videos. However, when I link an internal link to something like course material or a lesson, it'll give my students an error, yet the student can still log into the assignment or module by going through the tabs on our course's Brightspace. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It's not a make or break aspect either. For the most part, much of this software works great.

Nathan L.
Sector: Educación primaria/secundaria

Admin Experience with Brightspace

Revisado el 26/6/2015

Puntos a favor

As an administrator at my previous employer, I appreciated the flexibility to change pretty much anything that I wanted in the system. The ability to change what things were called in the system were very nice. In the most recent version that I had used, Brightspace had taken steps to make some changes on how system settings were handled to update the interface. Previously, the interface of the DOME was one of the most painful parts of the system.

I also appreciated the service desk that Brightspace has built up over the last three years. When I began using Brightspace, items could get lost very easily with the technical teams, but after some difficult issues, Brightspace has turned around a great deal, and updates to tickets were timely and applicable for a while before I stopped using it.

Puntos en contra

I found that there were little things that Brightspace did not do well. For instance, workflows between different tools were very different based on the time that the original tool was designed. This led to user frustration and an increase of time training users on the common functions of the LMS. I also found that Brightspace tended to minimize small updates or fixes in order to focus on major updates. While major updates are important to survive in the field, sometimes known bugs would remain for years without a fix.

Candace O.
Traducir con Google

As a student, Brightspace/D2L gave me the opportunity to take classes I couldn't fit in my schedule!

Revisado el 21/7/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

I have gained the ability to take some higher-level courses online which are necessary for college admissions/success, which I could not fit into my senior year schedule due to being a busy student!

Puntos a favor

I love that I can take these classes outside of school. I am currently taking four classes on Brightspace (Sociology, Psychology, Spanish III Semesters 1 & 2) because I could not fit them into my schedule for my senior year. In addition, each class comes with a "90 Day Plan" in the course materials, which helps keep me on track; I try to do more per day than what is on the plan, as I'm trying to get most of the workload finished before school starts again.
This brings me to my next point: Working at my own speed! As evidenced by my taking four classes over the summer, I am an advanced student who is serious about her education. Brightspace gives students the flexibility of working at their own speed. Although a "90 Day Plan" is offered as a guideline, there are no daily requirements set by the software itself. As a high schooler, some days I'm just busy, plain and simple. I don't have to worry about fulfilling a daily requirement with Brightspace. Again, the flexibility of completing online courses at my own pace is invaluable to a busy student like myself.

Puntos en contra

There's not much to complain about with this software. However, there is one issue I face on the daily with Brightspace. When working on a lesson, every now and again there will be a little box that pops up warning the user that if the session exceeds 30 minutes of inactivity, they will be logged out and will have to log back in again. I understand that it is set to do this for security reasons, but it is incredibly annoying when I'm taking notes on the lesson (which takes a decent amount of time) to have to be wary of the pop up appearing.

Mavares P.

Redefining the learning

Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de un año
Revisado el 25/7/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Create pleasant spaces for interaction among the participants.

Puntos a favor

Technological advances in modern platforms seek, in one way or another, to redefine the concept of human learning. That is why platforms like Brightspace seek not only to manage all the most important aspects of educational management, ranging from the earliest ages to the most advanced students of high school, changing with them and adapting to their cognitive and emotional needs, accompanying them, but without imposing rhythms. And this is possible because Brightspace seeks to personalize learning, focusing them, in a very short time, effectively and in a very simple way. The versatility of the platform makes it absolutely compatible with the wide range of smart devices.
The process of teaching is not limited to the simple act of speaking or explaining in the classroom, this process must be thought, planned, developed, executed and, more importantly, evaluated. Brightspace all those tasks, using their useful tools. As a direct consequence, we can observe a significant improvement in classroom work, which will be noticed, due to the amount of activities that users will begin to share, which will involve parents and tutors, who will be able to manage feedback processes in real time. with personal messages.

Puntos en contra

Platforms such as Brightspace must have control or ability to configure pop-up windows, as well as other tools that must adapt to the changing requirements of users. The platform must be more managed so that it can reach more places and be more recommended.

Jeremy W.
Sector: Educación primaria/secundaria
Traducir con Google

Brightspace: a powerful, but not the most intuitive LMS

Revisado el 2/7/2015

Puntos a favor

Brightspace puts a lot of options at the user's disposal. It is a powerful, robust LMS that can be customized to fit a wide variety of preferences. As an admin and as an instructor, I really appreciated that the system did not lock me in to one way of doing things.

I also really like how much, especially in recent years, the Brightspace development team seeks for input from its users (and provides great forums for sharing ideas for improvements).

Puntos en contra

Currently, Brightspace does not have a very robust way of setting up communications throughout the course. They use a feature called "intelligent agents" for sending notices to students when they meet certain criteria (for example, sending a particular note to a student when he is inactive in the course or performs particularly well on an assessment). This feature, however, lacks a good deal of "intelligence" and is pretty restricted in what it can do.

I also feel that much of Brightspace is not particularly intuitive or streamlined. I'd like to see them improve on ease of use (without sacrificing power). A good example of this is the quiz feature where finding the exact page you need to get to in order to edit questions and grade values is a bit like a scavenger hunt.

Melissa E.
Tamaño de la empresa: 501-1000 empleados
Traducir con Google

Best used for online courses

Revisado el 5/4/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

I have not had any problems using Brightspace or D2L. I think the user interface is easy to learn and it is easy to find where I need to be to make assignments, grade submissions, and more. The system allows you to work as the administrator/faculty/teacher/instructor/ but also allows you to switch to the student view, which enables you to see what your students will see. I like that feature! It is extremely easy to upload files and images and adding hyperlinks is also a breeze, allowing you to choose the new window to open within the course or on a separate page. Even when they update the software, I find it very easy to learn the new applications. I have used a few other systems in the past and I really do like Brightspace and D2L over the others.

Puntos a favor

I found this software very easy to use and pretty intuitive. It is fresh looking on the screen and I've not had any issues with the system not working as it should.

Puntos en contra

There are a few extra clicks that have to take place in some parts of the software to get back to where you want to be. That is somewhat annoying, but a minor issue.

Sector: Hospital y atención sanitaria
Traducir con Google

Fantastic for everyone from beginners to people who want to do some unique activities and grading

Revisado el 19/7/2019

Puntos a favor

I was recently employed by Texas Christian University as an adjunct professor, and this was the first time I had ever taught a class at a different university. I had never used Brightspace before and to be honest I was a little bit overwhelmed with it at first. There are so many different functions and options that at first glance it seems like it will take months to learn. However, I think their help section is really user friendly and within a day I had my class pretty much set up. I love all of the more advanced grading features and automatic % calculations that this does, it saves so much time as I used to do this all in Excel. Also, I was only on campus once/week and was driving from over 40 minutes away on days that I was there. So, having office hours on days off was pretty much not going to happen. However, Brightspace has an amazing feature that can connect you to students over video chat from anywhere! This allowed me to have more personal 1-on-1 time with students who needed help while not having to drive all the way to campus!

Puntos en contra

There is quite a bit of a learning curve to get to the more complex stuff, but after you learn it your productivity skyrockets.

Brandon V.
Traducir con Google

I have used D2L almost daily for years and have never had an issue getting the info I need.

Revisado el 17/1/2018

Puntos a favor

I have loved using D2L for both my undergraduate and graduate studies. It has made submitting and keeping track of my assignments very easy. I love that it keeps everything on one easy to navigate website. I don't know what other options are out there, but I can't imagine anything being more user-friendly for students than this!

Puntos en contra

I did not realize course access expires when I first started using D2L for my school work. I didn't bother downloading a lot of my class materials to my computer beacuse I assumed it would always be there for me to reference. I looked back a year or two later and saw that my classes had disappeared. I understand why, but I really wish there was a counter or notification before course removal so I could download any content I wanted. This is probably something managable by the school, but it would be great if D2L would notify the students.

Elizabeth R.
Traducir con Google

Easy to use and wide variety of options

Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de dos años
Revisado el 9/7/2019
Fuente de la reseña: SoftwareAdvice

I love Brightspace! When it was first introduced I was skeptical because of the system we had been using so long and having to train everyone on new software is time-consuming and exhausting. But I found that it was an easier transition than I imagined, although there are so many features it can be a bit overwhelming for some. Overall, I really enjoy using the software and know that it benefits my students as well.

Puntos a favor

I really like the feature where you can open up quizzes or surveys for individual students. I use this when I have set a time/date for an item to close by and then students give me a valid excuse, then I can open it back up for them for whatever length of time I choose for them to complete the assignment. I also like that it is easy for a skilled user to navigate.

Puntos en contra

Even though I know how to navigate through the online set up now, it is sometimes troublesome for my students because there are just so many different options and different ways to navigate to the same thing. I usually have to do a short run through on how to use the software before the class begins and then I always have those that reach out with numerous questions regarding how to find something. This too has to do with the laziness of some students since I had no problem teaching myself how to use it.

Michael A.

High Functionality, Low Intuitiveness

Revisado el 28/7/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

As one of many different Learning Management Systems on the market, Brightspace foots the bill as a solid platform that is student- and instructor-friendly. The layout is self-explanatory, and the default settings are appealing to many users. The ability to customize course elements, while being able to make use of embedded tools, such as calendars and rubric designers, makes this learning environment a safe bet for prospective clients.

As an instructor, I do find some processes to be a bit convoluted and unintuitive. For instance, assigning grade values and having these numbers populate in the grade book can be cumbersome. In addition, grading and publishing grades can be tricky if the correct options are unselected.

Overall, Brightspace presents an aesthetically appealing and functional product that has its own quirks, while boasting a host of benefits.

Puntos a favor

Numerous design and layout options
Embedded templates for rubrics and assignments

Puntos en contra

Some functionality is not intuitive in nature

Tamaño de la empresa: 51-200 empleados

BrightSpace is amazing!

Revisado el 20/1/2018
Fuente de la reseña: GetApp

My students (middle and high school) are able to become proficient in the navigation of the system in just a few days with minimal questions and challenges.

Puntos a favor

BrightSpace includes all of the typical features of any LMS. However, D2L has improved the platform over time and has made the system more intuitive and user friendly. I also use CourseDen (the higher ed version of BrightSpace) for my college courses and the features are essentially the same with a few differences. However, the two platforms are enough alike that, once you know one system, learning to use the other one is a cinch. The features allow for very specific customization of assessments, discussions, and other features. I have built my own courses within the LMS, so I am familiar with a majority of the features and capabilities of the LMS.

Tiffany R.
Traducir con Google

Best Software for Universities to use!

Revisado el 10/2/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Absolutely one of the best softwares for courses on the market. Highly recommend and it is used at the top universities in the country.

Puntos a favor

D2L is the most organized and functional software for universities to use. Students have one place to access all their courses and find all information they need. Using d2L, professors post all the content from their course and organize it however they want. Quizzes, discussions, and assignment drop boxes are found on D2L as well. D2L provides easy online accessibility for both teachers and students, making going to school a much easier task.

Puntos en contra

The due dates for assignments get confusing, not sure if thats a user error via professors, but they always seem to have to email student to say they don't know how to change the due date for certain assignments.

Ben S.
Sector: Tecnología y servicios de la información

Great for Online Learning

Revisado el 20/11/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

As a student my expirience with Brightspace has been nothing but positive.

Puntos a favor

As a college student, I have used D2L for 3 years. I have taken a handful of all online classes whose only presence was via Brightspace. Brightspace has created a really nice online environment for classes, you can host all your content there, provide quizzes/tests within Brightspace. Theres even a discussion board for talking with other class members or the instructor. I like being able to work at my own pace, which is what an online class provides, and Brightspace provides all the features to host a well developed online class.

Puntos en contra

Auto-saving responses on tests doesn't work always. This is a relatively new feature though so, I'm sure it will get fixed soon.

Sector: Contabilidad
Traducir con Google

Brightspace was easy to learn as a student!

Revisado el 22/1/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

It allows for great communication between students and teachers and overall was simple to understand from both perspectives!

Puntos a favor

I enjoyed the formatting and how easy to use brightspace was compared to the previous software my university used. It made tracking grades and all of the content my teacher posted so much easier to follow. It also shows how your grades were compared to other students and allows you to track your own performance.

When I was a TA, it was also really easy to post news items, enter grades and insert comments on students' papers.

Easy to understand for all users!

Puntos en contra

It can be difficult to operate on mobile devices - there are less buttons to navigate the pages but it's not impossible to use.

Marissa W.
Sector: Instituciones religiosas

Brightspace Review

Revisado el 13/4/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

I enjoy taking classes in Brightspace. It is more convenient than other softwares I have used in the past.

Puntos a favor

I really enjoy the simplicity of how to find assignments and course work. Something else that is great is that anytime you send it an assignment the software will send you a confirmation email assuring your completion and submission. Technical support always knows how to correct an issue that is going on.

Puntos en contra

I have experienced the software glitching on many occasions. I will need to complete an assignment and turn it in to a specific place and that submission title is not uploaded in my course selection for the week. I have also contacted technical support many times, in which they reply pretty slowly.