StarChapter

¡Escribe una reseña!
Software de gestión de membresías y asociaciones de fácil uso para los miembros.

Relación calidad-precio
4.1/5
Funciones
3.8/5
Facilidad de uso
3.7/5
Asistencia al cliente
4.3/5

Un ha recomendado esta aplicación
Ordenar por

Reseñas de 622

Pearl
Pearl

• Asistencia al cliente

Outstanding comprehensive association management system

Revisado el 21/1/2016

I have used Star Chapter since 2012 for multiple associations I manage. Of all the association management systems currently available, I found Star Chapter to be the most comprehensive and cost effective online software on the market.

Puntos a favor

Star Chapter is user friendly for both members and administrators. Customer support is great and highly responsive to questions or problems. Training and resources for administrators and Board members are excellent. One of my groups consists of a senior chapter, a young professionals chapter and a non-profit 501(c)3 education foundation. They wanted one website for all three organizations with capability to manage each of them. The Star Chapter tech team was wonderful in working with our volunteer Board and communications committee to develop a website "skin" that would function on Star Chapter's system.

Puntos en contra

I have some Board members that find it cumbersome to RSVP for a meeting when responding to an email invitation. They would prefer a one click method to indicate if they will attend or not, rather than the multiple steps Star Chapter's system requires to login as a member and register to attend a Board or committee meeting that doesn't require a payment. I have asked Star Chapter to consider changing the system to allow for a "yes" or "no" response when members are responding to a system generated event invitation. We had this with Cvent and it worked extremely well.

Logan

Great Value

Revisado el 18/7/2023

I've worked with Star Chapter since 2010. They have been responsive, easy to work with and great to problem solve with. I like the ease of use for my staff as well as our volunteers that want to dig in on the admin side. We have about 20 clients on the platform which allows all of our staff to work on something in StarChapter. We are able to enhance other websites based on new features we see or something a client asks for on one we can implement for others. They have been a great partner.

Puntos a favor

For an affordable price, your association can host their website and manage it easily. It has all of the features needed where you don't have to have 1000 platforms and systems to manage and keep track of logins for.

Puntos en contra

The biggest complaint I hear is that the meeting registration has one to two too many pages to click through vs. being a one page sign up. That would be a great feature to enhance.

Respuesta de Star Chapter

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it as it helps us improve our offerings.

Kerry

• Probabilidad de recomendación 6.0 /10

Good for the basics

Puntos a favor

StarChapter combines all of the functions chapters use for membership/website/registration under one "roof". This can save time and provide additional functionality.

Puntos en contra

The options for website customization are quite limited, and the design options are very basic. Some functions also do not work well which can be aggravating.

Respuesta de Star Chapter

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it as it helps us improve our product. Our new layout series, the M Series, is available! The announcement has had an overwhelming response. We are currently scheduling redesigns to this new layout series. If you'd like to add your chapter to the waitlist to start the new year with a new look, please submit a ticket to our support team. The impact of a brand-new website design on an organization can be significant to your membership, sponsorship, and volunteer programs.

Pamela
  • Software usado Mensualmente durante Más de dos años

• Probabilidad de recomendación 4.0 /10

Star Chapter use

Revisado el 28/3/2024

rocky... no immediate user assistance...have to email and wait for a return... not convenient .

Puntos a favor

pre-designed templates are attractive... meets the requirements of the national organization

Puntos en contra

not at all user intuitive...takes a long time to find things and upload/update items

Respuesta de Star Chapter

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. If you need additional training, please reach out to our team it is included in your subscription and we will schedule that for you.

Cindy

StarChapter Review

Revisado el 12/1/2021

Puntos a favor

The features I like best about StarChapter are: ease of administration, swiftness of launch, good value for your money. It's great for smaller associations.

Puntos en contra

Reporting is what I like least about StarChapter. Historical information isn't easy to access.

YourMembership

Razones para elegir StarChapter

StarChapter was much more manageable and user friendly.

WordPress

Razones para cambiar a StarChapter

The cost and YourMembership, although very robust, was much more than AZ Total Rewards needed.

Respuesta de Star Chapter

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it as it helps us improve our product. We are sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulty with the reports. If you could please enter a support ticket, our team will get in touch with you to get more information.

Debbie

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Great value and easy to use for chapter associations

Revisado el 30/1/2020

I've used Star Chapter now for 10 years. Over this time things have gotten much better and easier to use. It is important to small chapter associations with multiple volunteers to make something simple they can use, and then actually do use it to get things done. I am the only paid staff person for my associations so its great to have the support and help with my committees.

Puntos a favor

Its simple and has the website/database/financials/surveys/emails all in one.

Puntos en contra

The email system is not pretty and has too many templates hidden/buried to update. Make it look more like constant contact and I have no more complaints. Love it

Kommo

Razones para elegir StarChapter

MemberClicks is a great product but is way too expensive and robust for what we needed/use it for.

MemberClicks

Razones para cambiar a StarChapter

Larger more well known company and I already knew how to use it.

Respuesta de Star Chapter

Thank you for your feedback, we are happy to announce that an update to the email functionality and templates will be available soon.

Robert
  • Sector: Productos químicos
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 501-1,000 empleados
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de un año

• Probabilidad de recomendación 2.0 /10

Society membership management

Revisado el 27/7/2022

Have had a number of issues, looking at changing to something else that is more user friendly.

Puntos a favor

multi user capable. Everything handled in "one place"

Puntos en contra

difficult to maintain web pages. have to edit multiple places to update a page. Switched from accepting PayPal to their own credit card processing application. Does not accept any "foreign" card (any card from outside the US, this mean even Canada. We have a number of Canadian based members who can't be processed. Fees are high than PayPal. Can not accept (swipe or chip) cards onsite, have to manually key them in.

Constant Contact

Razones para elegir StarChapter

Was told it could do a lot of things that we later found out were not possible, at least not without major changes to our society operations and procedures

Constant Contact

was sold a lot of hype.

Janet
  • Sector: Recursos Humanos
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de un año

StarChapter review from Stateline SHRM

Revisado el 28/11/2022

Puntos a favor

Members are able to renew their memberships, pay for meetings easily. The website management with the event planning flows smoothly. Communicating with members via StarChapter is great as well.Payments using StarPay has worked out well for our chapter too.

Puntos en contra

Our biggest complaint is not having immediate customer service with an individual we can talk to available if we have a quick question or are having a problem. Needing to submit a ticket and wait for a response to set up a time and day to talk with a StarChapter representative has taken sometimes 3-5 days.

Respuesta de Star Chapter

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it as it helps us improve our offerings.

Usuario verificado
  • Sector: Construcción

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Star Chapter saved me hours of work

Revisado el 30/9/2022

Love it and I tell everyone how much time it has saved me overall. Now to train the new board with some features so they can take on some more website tasks.

Puntos a favor

Star Chapter saved me hours of work. With my other website, it took me approx. 10-15 hours a week to maintain and keep updated. Since we moved to Star Chapter, I go in twice a month and make changes, updates and create my meeting email reminders for the following events.

Puntos en contra

What I like least is sometimes when updates are made we don't know about it unless we send a message to the helpdesk. For example , newsletters changes to freeform from the previous month and I couldn't figure it out.

Respuesta de Star Chapter

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we really appreciate your feedback.

Glenn
  • Sector: Servicios para instalaciones

Perfect product for non-profits

Revisado el 27/11/2023

Fantastic! We were looking to rebuild and rebrand our website several years ago and I was informed of the product by IFMA International. $50/month is way better than $10,000 to develop and implement a web page.

Puntos a favor

The ease of use and support that we need

Puntos en contra

There's nothing that we don't like! It fits perfectly with our needs and budget

Polly

I love StarChapters

Revisado el 15/2/2023

Amazing! StarChapters staff is super friendly and willing to help. I enjoy working with the team.

Puntos a favor

I use StarChapters for multiple things. Website, Bulk Email, track membership, Meeting registration & so much more. Its easy to use and user friendly even if your not tech savey.

Puntos en contra

For tickets - You don't have a live chat option. I have to put in a ticket and wait, and hope you get to me quickly. There's no phone number to call when your stuck and need just a little bit of help to keep moving forward.

Square Point of Sale

Razones para cambiar a StarChapter

I use both. Star Chapters doesn't have a swipe option yet for onsite, day of sales.

Respuesta de Star Chapter

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we appreciate your feedback.

Sandy
  • Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses

Star Chapter has been very beneficial to our Association

Revisado el 28/7/2022

On the frontside, the website is beautiful and very user friendly. It has made us stand out from the other chapters and looks very professional. On the backside, it was more difficult to implement than I thought - I didn't understand when I signed up how much of the site I would actually have to create myself. That being said, now that I've been using it for a few months, it's quite easy to maintain.

Puntos a favor

It streamlines a lot of the processes we were doing through multiple platforms.

Puntos en contra

The turnaround time for support. When I'm stumped, I have to fill out a support ticket and it often takes 48 hours to hear back via email. It often isn't what I was asking and then it takes another 48 hours for the correct response. The functionality is usually there but sometimes difficult to find. It would be amazing to actually be able to speak with someone or at the very least, online tech support.

WildApricot

Razones para elegir StarChapter

Primarily to have a member management system (we were using an excel spreadsheet). All of the other functionality was an unexpected surprise.

Razones para cambiar a StarChapter

I liked the look of the websites better and it sounded like with Wild Apricot, I would have to completely design the website myself. I couldn't have done it without the Star Chapter design team.

Ana
  • Sector: Ingeniería civil

Major upgrade for me!

Revisado el 22/11/2022

Overall, this is an exceptional software with supportive customer service and knowledge base library.

Puntos a favor

I love the fact that everything is in one software. I used to have to use multiple ones and now I have everything in one, easy to use, functional place. The membership tracking, the payment processing and ease of website updates are amazing.

Puntos en contra

There is limited customization after a certain point. If the field hasn't already been created then in some cases you cannot create it. Some things cannot be made mandatory and there is a limited way of filtering member reports.

Laura
  • Sector: Organización cívica y social
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 501-1,000 empleados

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

StarChapter is serving us very well!

Revisado el 14/8/2019

Moving to StarChapter has benefited us in many ways. Our association member management was based on spreadsheets so this is so much better. Our prior website was significantly outdated, so again, moving to StarChapter was a great improvement. We did lose functionality in that our prior financial system was Method (had limited member management) and did interface to Quickbooks. However, StarChapter's ability for on-line dues management resulted in a significant dollar collection in our first couple months of being live which was a very pleasant result. We are very glad to have made the transition to StarChapter.

Puntos a favor

Software has a great website component - catalog of website pages format and views, flexible build, sleek modern look and great background site security. The website provides a "wow" factor.
The Association management portion of the software has many tools for membership management, event management, dues management and email communications functions. All are very helpful.
There are a number of on-line resources serving as a knowledge base and their support is wonderful. Most questions are answered within 24 hours.
Members also really like the ability to pay dues or make donations or purchases on-line.

Puntos en contra

As a heritage culture society we had a few membership/group use case issues that the software couldn't really address and there wasn't much guidance on possible workarounds. We needed a few more project hours on our implementation phase (we were turned over to support before we went live). There needs to be a user manual document to further define screen fields as there is great flexibility in the system. While the videos are helpful, they don't provide enough detail for taking the system to beyond a basic level. The other key limitation is the lack of interfacing to financial systems like QuickBooks. While we really like the ability for members to pay dues or buy from store via credit-card, there is double entry for bookkeeping due to lack of interface.

Josh
  • Sector: Servicios medioambientales

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

Honest Review

Revisado el 5/1/2021

Overall it has served us very well. There are many "work arounds". From the perspective of someone who has done some software design, the navigation of star chapter is built on the concept the administrators don't want to see or understand the logic behind the scenes. This leads to a lot of confusion and as more and more people are forced to learn computers and programming type of understanding, it makes many navigational tabs very clunky, unnecessary, and confusing. For example, there is a very nice section for "Board Transition" which is somewhat of a hand holding to set up new profiles for board/leadership members and remove old or outdated members. It would be much easier to just have a section that says "Email Routing" where you can see the logic that "[email protected]" routes to "[email protected]". Instead it is a clunky process similar to a turbo tax style of question and answer that is not as easily understood.

Puntos a favor

This is great for organizations and non profit that need something simple to get them going. We use this to manage members, as well as host our e-commerce type transactions for events.

Puntos en contra

It is a bit clunky and not as intuitive when wanting to do more advanced level organizational management. For example, if a member has not renewed their membership there is a grace period and then the member gets moved to a different list. If that member wants to renew- they have to create a whole new login which adds to confusion when the user expects to just to be able to login and renew their membership. Since starchapter has membership level built into their pricing, it makes it very hard for organizations to keep a seemless record of "active" and "inactive" members. This makes a big difference when doing complex registration or selling of items on the e-commerce site. For example a member may get a certain discount versuses a non member. It is very clunky if a user wants to pay for a membership and get membership pricing of an event registration all at the same time. It is very limited in that logic.

WordPress

Razones para elegir StarChapter

We needed event registration and a way to easily and securely do transactions.

Kate

All Around Great Service at a Great Price

Revisado el 30/7/2019

StarChapter is fantastic for the price. Previously, we did not have the ability to provide our members with a secure space on our website for accessing members only information nor registering for our events. We're now able to do that and so much more which really added to the membership benefits we are able to provide to our members. The simple, straightforward design to our website allows our members and non-members to easily access information and register for our events at a fantastic price for a non-profit organization.

Puntos a favor

The ease of use that allows us to have a members only section on our website; the quick and straightforward set up and designs for each page on our site; the ability to adapt pages to include accessibility options for folks using screen readers or are hearing impaired.

Puntos en contra

The communication tool - we've been using Constant Contact for several years and we've found the flexibility both in e-list management and design that CC provides will keep us using that service over StarChapters.

Jon
  • Sector: Construcción
  • Software usado Mensualmente durante 1-5 meses

Implementation was frustrating

Revisado el 22/11/2022

Signing up with SP was a real hassle. We are a small non-profit chapter of a national organization with minimal monthly / annual money flows where we need SP to funnel online payments. Their underwriters were not accommodating to the information we provided - we didn't have exactly what they wanted. Our bank issues all checks after we give them an online check request (we have no check stock). What they provided for a voided check was an online version. We explained that, but SP kept demanding a voided check. Had to get SC management to convince the SP u/ws to let our application through. Also, SP's response time was horrible. I would send an uploaded response one day, they would send a system-generated "received it" response the next, then not get to a review until the following day, then respond the day after that. They were so late in approving our account that we had to forgo the online collection in our November 2022 luncheon and dip into savings to pay for the monthly meeting expense out of reserves (about $1,500).

Puntos a favor

The look and feel of the StarChapter ("SC") website is so much better than what we previously had through the national "mother" association.

Puntos en contra

Implementation was said to be quick and easy. We had exactly the opposite. Little follow-up, unclear directions, reliance on written tutorials rather than a live body to help us through the process, email contact that was not direct from the implementation person which caused the "system-generated" email to not just get caught in a spam filter but to get lost in a quarantine quagmire. Also, we provided tax details that only were acceptable after we pointed out it was all the IRS issued to us. SC was able to go to the IRS's online look-up which gave SC the same details we sent them - then they said what we sent was good. I still don't understand what the hang-up was but didn't push it any further.When we finally got approval for the StarPay ("SP") module, the SC implementation person turned off our "collect money at the door" option for registrants (she was not directed to do so), and had to go back again to get her to turn that back on. It was an easy and overnight fix, but shouldn't have had to go through the time and hassle of doing that in the first place.

Francesca

My Review

Revisado el 30/1/2020

As noted in my previous comments, overall there is a great value to the software but I am worried that myself and my clients will need to start looking to other products to service our need if some feature enhancements don't start being created. It seems like the product is stagnant.

Puntos a favor

I like the ease of use and connectedness of all of the software segments. The product also gives a lot of functions for the price which makes it an easy sell to our clients from a value standpoint.

Puntos en contra

Some items are clunky and not as nimble as they could be. I also feel like starchapter has stopped developing enhancements or improvements outside of the website templates that they sell for a fee. I would like to see more robust reporting or the ability to build ad hoc reports, enhanced functionality on the events with regards to promo codes/discounts, adjusting registrant information/substitutions, and more robust functionality with the eblasting system.

Respuesta de Star Chapter

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it as it helps us improve our product. We are sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulty with the reports and some of the functionality. If you could please enter a support ticket, our team will get in touch with you to get more information.

Lillian
  • Sector: Hospital y atención sanitaria

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Best Update for Our Chapter

Revisado el 30/1/2020

My experience was great! From the first call that got my questions answered, getting everything set up, knowledgebase, and getting help when I can't find answers to my questions - it's been a very smooth process. I'm very happy with our selection and don't see us switching away from this platform.

Puntos a favor

Being able to have a Member Manager page, easier set up for events, invoicing system, and communication platform. These were all pieces missing previously. StarChapter has helped to make almost everything easier.

Puntos en contra

It can be difficult to update certain things. For example: getting the correct address to appear on invoices (or get it on invoices at all). It needs to be updated in three different places. It would be nice it you could change it in one spot (in settings for example) and have it feed to the others. Also, there seems to be a disconnect on the member login side. When a primary contact renews membership, it doesn't renew anyone else with them. Not sure how to fix that, but it hasn't been a major issue that needs to be addressed yet. Just a convenience thing.

Respuesta de Star Chapter

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it as it helps us improve our product. Please enter a support ticket, and our team will get in touch with you to provide any necessary help.

Parker
  • Sector: Hospital y atención sanitaria
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 201-500 empleados

Great Product for our Organization

Revisado el 13/8/2020

Outstanding support, great looking page, great tools

Outstanding support, great looking page, great tools

Puntos a favor

This software transformed and streamlined our operations. We were able to save money by eliminating other IT platforms. We now can use the ticketing portal to directly sell tickets for our events.

Puntos en contra

The mass email communication system took us a little while to get used to. Once we did a few communications, it was easy to use.

Microsoft 365

Razones para elegir StarChapter

Ease of use and better quality

GoDaddy Website Builder

Cost, quality, support.
Judy
  • Sector: Marketing y publicidad

StarChapter Customer Support never makes me the fool

Revisado el 5/10/2016

Having been with StarChapter for a couple years now, I really like the customer service experience. I've learned to check out the online videos (sometimes beyond my understanding), but I have learned that -- if things aren't clear -- submitting a Job Ticket gets a quick response. And unlike some other software companies I've used (but won't name), the people who talk to me or email back and forth with me until I understand NEVER make me feel like I'm the idiot who doesn't understand functionality. That's so refreshing! If you're a small one-person office like I am, with sometimes-help from college interns, I highly recommend StarChapter. They offer reasonable pricing with no long-term contract. They let you take your time in adopting the different feature capabilities. And once you're up and running, they're an awesome value for the monthly spend!

Puntos a favor

Ease of learning how to do stuff for someone who isn't a technology nerd. Sometimes that means my current intern has to look at the video and then show me, but once the lightbulb goes on, I can do 'most anything.

Puntos en contra

Some of their training videos have left me wondering what I just watched. That's when I reach out to a digital native / millennial to help me "get it." Or, I submit a job ticket.

Pam
  • Sector: Formación profesional y coaching

• Probabilidad de recomendación 5.0 /10

President of NSA Georgia, Inc.

Revisado el 10/2/2023

We us the slider design on our home page to present a professional view of what programs we are offering our members and guest. They can register for our association or a meeting and it is our central communication hub.

Puntos a favor

Allows members to register and pay online and provides the database from which to send notifications.

Puntos en contra

Not dynamic. Very linear in reporting etc. For example, I want to report showing all of the guest for a meeting, not a list by registration date or name. Who said they are coming in person? Not to have to get the report and manipulate the CSV file.

Tiarra

• Probabilidad de recomendación 2.0 /10

Good for Starter Nonprofits - Awful Otherwise

Revisado el 16/10/2018

Awful. I'm tired of opening tickets for every single matter that isn't addressed in the Knowledgebas...

Awful. I'm tired of opening tickets for every single matter that isn't addressed in the Knowledgebase.

Puntos a favor

This software is affordable and great for nonprofits that are just starting out. It provides everything you need to get started, including a website, dues structure, member letters and member CRM.

Puntos en contra

This software lacks a lot of functions that nonprofits really need. There doesn't appear to be a platform for managing CEUs, there is no membership card template, customizing emails with member data appears to have limited functionality, extracting membership data for dashboards is near impossible - you can only customize the data so much and the reports and charts built in are limited. Member categories are tracked poorly - our system doesn't categorize expired members, you have to go to the non-members section to find them - even though Expired is a category in the data filter! One screen has a specific number of active members, and another screen will have a different number. And the Knowledgebase is terrible. I've had to open like 50 tickets because so many of the concerns I have or matters I need help with are not on the Knowledgebase! My nonprofit has decided to move on with another platform.

Marci
  • Software usado Otro durante 1-5 meses

Review of StarChapter

Revisado el 30/1/2020

If I could change to another association management software I would for numerous reasons.
The fact...

The fact that you have to submit a ticket and wait for someone to respond per email, then wait to be called is not convenient. Customer service should be readily available, any time, like with Constant Contact.

Fairly recently, Dec. 2, I sent an email, out of frustration, and copied [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], who sold us the software:
My email -
"We feel like we were misled with the (lack of) training time. There was very limited time to build the site which left us not knowing where to begin. It was emphasized this is a user-friendly system, we disagree. It seems to be a lot of “back end building” in order to achieve front end results. The pages in the system all look alike, making it difficult to distinguish and learn the different sections. We would like to request additional training time, at no additional cost, to set up e-marketing templates and learn how to distribute the e-marketing announcements, to learn how to set up events/registration and to run reports from that event please, thank you."

An apology wasn't offered and nobody picked up the phone to see what could be done to rectify the situation. My request for help was basically answered by telling me training is offered as part of our standard support services and if there is a tool or task in the system that you want some additional training on, just submit a ticket with that request and your availability.

Puntos a favor

It provides all features/tasks in one software. Reports providing attendance, profits etc.

Puntos en contra

It's not user-friendly or intuitive as promoted. There's numerous steps to completing a task, revisions of different kinds are not in the same screens where things were created, all pages look the same no matter what category is being used (no color coding, no differentiation for easier learning), and a serious lack of graphics.

Respuesta de Star Chapter

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear you had such a frustrating experience, but I really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention. Please let us know when you are available for a call to further discuss your feedback.

Douglas
  • Sector: Propiedad inmobiliaria

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

StarChapter Recap

Revisado el 10/2/2023

We have moved several association over to SC and while not perfect, the platform has met most of the needs. Development group as been good to work with.

Puntos a favor

Being able to make essesntially any updates to the various web pages. Can add page as needed too. Nice having the Knowledge base with videos for those new to SC.

Puntos en contra

Group renewals. Members from the same company can't select all at once and make one payment. Can't calculate dues based on unit count: ie: 442 units x $1, 732 units x $1, 84 units x $1. Forum posts should have option to email out automatically and members should be able to reply back to the entire group or click/link to the person/email that did the posting.