1,148 opiniones

Google Chat

Communication tool for businesses and non-profits

4.5 /5 (1148 opiniones) ¡Escribe una reseña!

• Funciones
Un ha recomendado esta aplicación
1,148 opiniones
Zuhairah A.
  • Sector: Internet
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 5,001-10,000 empleados

Great quick messenger quality

Revisado el 1/4/2021

My experience of more than 5 years using this software is wonderful and will continue working with it.

Puntos a favor

I use Google product a lot and this software is one of the best quick messenger software that i have use to communicate with my team. It can be integrated easily with other software like Google Calendar and Drive which make a speedy process to share files and document with my team directly from the messenger.

Puntos en contra

Nothing that i dislike with this software. It is free to use and included in the Google Workspace that we have use.

• Sector: Desarrollo de programas

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Chat, a communication tool made by Google

Revisado el 8/3/2020

We use this product for formal communication purposes and it's a simple to use product and has a very good user experience, because it's easy to use and we are solving a lot of business problems. We choose this product because we find

Puntos a favor

Chat is a good tool for communication, it has a perfect integration with all the GSuite Environment, for the price is a very good tool because you can use it with Hangouts, Drive and Gmail.

Puntos en contra

The only con that I found on this product is the price. In a small business probably is going to be expensive if you have 10+ employers, because this product has a price per user.

Gaurav G.
  • Sector: Alimentación y bebidas
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 1,001-5,000 empleados

Online conversations made easy

Revisado el 1/7/2020

Chat with Google has enabled my marketing team to be more interactive and real time on common web projects. Calls which previously used to be discussion forums have now become working sessions. The hassle of documentation and email exchange has been replaced with real time takeaways and actions. Work from home is now a reality. Chat app if installed in a smart phone makes text, video or audio exchange a breeze. In a nut shell, Chat is seamlessly integrated with other Google tools which makes us more efficient.

Puntos a favor

I use Google Chat to remotely engage with my marketing team and consultants. Using Chat I am able to see messages while I am typing an email within my Gmail account. Once I set-up a conference call to discuss campaign performance or implementing a new tag, Chat is automatically activated during the call. So, my favorite feature is the ability of Chat to seamlessly integrate with Gmail and Google Calendar. Additionally, with the click of a button I can share links, images or videos and create Chat rooms. So, it helps me collaborate productively with product owners, web developers and marketing specialists. Hence, driving high ROI.

Puntos en contra

Chat by Google needs high random access memory and high speed internet to function. If there is not enough RAM or there are lots of Google Chrome tabs which are consuming the available RAM, Chat will lag in response time or slow down. When using a smart phone, Chat works well only if its mobile app is downloaded which again takes high phone memory. New users or non-IT employees who are not familiar with G suite, have a learning curve. So, adoption rate is low for non-Google users.

• Software usado A diario durante 6-12 meses

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Another Google service that saved us money

Revisado el 11/2/2021

Overall we are quite satisfied with the Chat offerings and I am sure they will continue to improve on the service.

Puntos a favor

I like the ability to create rooms specific to any necessary topic and to bring in both staff and outsiders to a specific space from which we can collaborate

Puntos en contra

We had some issues with the meetings early on but they have been ironed out. I would also love the ability to choose to not have the "Enter" button be the send option. All too often a message will be sent out by accident incomplete.

Barbara G.
  • Sector: Arte y artesanía
  • Software usado Otro durante Más de dos años

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Great way to quickly communicate!

Revisado el 21/9/2019

This is another win for the Google Suite tools. I will continue to use chat as a form of communication to my contacts!

Puntos a favor

This is another win for Google. I have used chat many times versus Facebook or text. If I see that someone from my contacts is online while using email, we can use chat. I also like that we have a record of these conversations for future reference if necessary.

Puntos en contra

I have had to turn off chat a few times because it's too easy to abuse and can be a time waster. This is a personal preference, but overall I have no complaints.

Tzlil K.
  • Sector: Marketing y publicidad
  • Software usado A diario durante 6-12 meses

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Nice tool for internal chatting

Revisado el 24/12/2019

We utilize Chat for 1-1 and group communications within our organization, for more efficient conversations than email threads.

Puntos a favor

I like how easy it is to start a chat, group chat, or room in Hangouts to quickly contact internal users of the same google suite.

Puntos en contra

I don't like how this tool is integrated with the gmail inbox view - it is cumbersome and bad UI to view multiple chat windows on top of emails and drafts. And the standalone view of Chats is not as organized as other tools like Slack in terms of organizing rooms and group conversations.

Alejandro B.
  • Sector: Internet

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

Group chat with no extra cost if you already pay for G Suite

Revisado el 27/7/2019

Puntos a favor

Nice and clean UI. Great search capability. Easy to set up web hooks to notify in specific channels

Puntos en contra

Does not allow threading, too few ready made integrations with common working tools, compared to slack

Jenn M.
  • Sector: Entretenimiento
  • Software usado Mensualmente durante Más de dos años

Delivers exactly as described

Revisado el 14/8/2019

I don't ever think of Google chat as my first choice, but I appreciate that it's available and am not upset about using it when the other party suggests it. Perfectly serviceable!

Puntos a favor

Google's Chat function is perfect for a video or chat conversation when you do have your contact's gmail email, and not their other info like their phone number or Facebook profile. I've never had significant connection or lag issues.

Puntos en contra

Just that, as far as I know, it requires both parties to have gmail and be using that particular contact. For video chat I'd rather be using Facebook or Skype and for texting I'd rather be using text messaging (phones) or Facebook messenger, but sometimes those others aren't options, in which case Google chat fills in the gap perfectly.

Eric K.
  • Sector: Servicios medioambientales
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante 6-12 meses

Quality and Use

Revisado el 31/5/2020

It's a great tool to have to stay in touch and communicate with others. Either work related and personal its been so helpful and fun.

Puntos a favor

It's very convenient to have this feature available on Google because i use the google platform for so much. And being able to have it in the mix helps me and others I talk to from work and personally.

Puntos en contra

The only thing for me was being able to understand navigating it at first and letting others know how to meet on the platform and chat.

Cory H.
  • Sector: Automoción
  • Software usado A diario durante Prueba gratis

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

i actually loved this app

Revisado el 20/9/2020

i would for sure recommend it

Puntos a favor

i love how you can search on the app and i also loved how easy it was to schedule something because i forget everything without a reminder

Puntos en contra

i didnt care for the startup process where you cant do anything on the app unless your signed up for the google chat part first

Jennie P.
  • Sector: Redacción y edición

Fun and easy to use!

Revisado el 15/7/2020

Overall, google chat is a great product that fits in wonderfully with the entire Google product suite. You can easily copy/past from chat into a word document (though there is formatting issues to deal with; I typically go from chat to notepad then to word). It's user friendly, has an app to use on other devices, and you can use chat either inside gmail or as a "pop out", so the email page can be minimized (not closed!) and still use the chat box. Chats can be saved, so you don't have to worry about ever saving it and loosing it.

I've been using gmail since it was by invite only, and have seen gmail grow, including the inclusion of the chat feature. It's definitely a product I would recommend to anyone.

Puntos a favor

Gmail Chat has been around for a good long time. It's a great tool if you're wanting to contact a fellow gmail user and strike up a conversation for work or personal use. I often use it to discuss the current novel I'm writing with my husband (who is my sounding board and listens to me prattle on about the corner I've written myself into). I've also used it to send links, grocery lists, recipes, etc.

It's really easy to use: you sent an invite to someone using their email, phone number, or name. The other person gets the request, and they can either accept or decline it. If they accept (and are a fellow gmail user), they can immediately start chatting via text.

Quick, simple, and very user friendly!

Also, the chats are always saved (though you can turn that option off), and are searchable. (I've had to use that feature MANY times!)

Puntos en contra

There is a limit to the characters you can send. Since I frequently send stuff to the husband while writing, I often have to divide it up into sections. Same with anything else I send that is very long. I haven't used it for anyone that isn't a gmail user, so I honestly have zero clue how that would even work.

The app for using it on an iphone is called "hangouts" and not "chat", so that can be confusing when you're trying to find the right app. But it works great once you find it, download and install it.

• Tamaño de la empresa: 501-1,000 empleados

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

One of the best messaging tool

Revisado el 18/1/2020

My experience overall is quite good with Chat. It provides a very user friendly messaging tool which has rooms and groups both. You can browse rooms as well and while joining any room, you can Preview the room and messages in it to make a decision whether to join or not. The overall functionality and features of 'rooms' are great and I find them very useful which in turn saves a lot of time and effort.
Other all basic functions are present like mute notifications, online status. To add to it, you can also set push notification in case you are not available. Simple yet very useful feature.
Then there's smart reply and desktop notifications feature too. Desktop notification is useful if you google chat window is not open. You can also block members.
In conclusion, this is one of the best messaging tools which I have used and I would recommend this to everyone.

Puntos a favor

The interface of the tool is user friendly and very easy to use. Search is very simple and straight forward. Simply put the name of the person you want to chat with and results are displayed instantly using smart search feature. You can create various discussion rooms by inviting members. I never had any problem creating room , in fact once I have to create a room with a lot of members from different projects but never faced and delays or problems with it. You can create multiple threads in a room which is very useful feature. You can also customize name of the room as per your need and project.
Then there are groups which are very similar to a group in any messaging app. You can add multiple people but it's a single threaded chat. this is basically a personal group and rooms are for primarily for project related conversations. Search feature is also useful and easy. You can also search individually in a room. The results are easy to obtain and very helpful.
Furthermore, a great feature is, you can edit you messages. A lot of times we enter incorrect information in the message which can create confusion. You can edit it or delete as required by the user. I personally, find this feature very user friendly.
You can also shared a file form google drive directly or from your desktop. Additionally, there's a shortcut for video meeting, which when clicked send video meeting invite and the best part, creates dial in number is automatically generated which saves a lot of time.

Puntos en contra

Apart from all the great features what I don't like about it is, Google chat and hangouts and not synced. When you delete something from chat it is still present in hangout. So, basically you you are still looking at the deleted information in hangouts which is not required.
Another functionality which I miss from microsoft lync is that, you can not control other persons machine during screen share with mutual consent and continue with the discussion / transition.
Except this, almost everything is great about this tool.

Leo F.
  • Sector: Software informático

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Chat provide the best communication with the aweasome video chat.

Revisado el 22/8/2019

Chat is the best software for the communication purpose. I would really like this software because it is the most powerful messaging tool. The best thing that I really liked about it is that I can easily share the important information with the group video chat. Hence, for me it is the best tool for the communication and collaboration. It allow me to easily connect with my relatives, colleagues and team members.

Puntos a favor

Chat is so easy to use with the versatile features. We can easily communicate with each others at anytime and at anywhere in the world with the help of this efficient software. This software provide the best video communication services. The great advantage that this software provide us is that it makes the best communication by the instant messages, calling and the awesome video chat. It allow us to easily connect with the relatives, colleagues any team members. This software is also the most powerful messaging software. So, Chat software is a great for the fast conversation. The another advantage that this software provide us the great options for the direct messages to anyone and that's why Chat software is also a best source of communication.

Puntos en contra

The disadvantage of this software provide us is that it does not provide the best options for the audio and video calls and also messaging with the great collaboration. So, there are some features that are missing, so it should must enhanced the features. This software should also need some extraordinary options and then all the business companies get benefited from the Chat software. The another disadvantage of this efficient software is that it does not allow us for the video calls and conferences. But otherwise, it also provide the biggest benefit for us is that we can share all of our important information with the group video chat with our colleagues and team members.

Modern Enterprise Chat

Revisado el 12/12/2018

Puntos a favor

One of the obvious competitors for Google Chat is the prevalent Skype (previously Lync) instant messaging application often bundled with Microsoft products such as Outlook and Office for ease of integration.

Unlike Skype, Google Chat offers a more modern set of features. Foremost is the way in which content can be directly shared in the chat window such as images or image previews from URL resources. Rich content can simply be pasted directly into Google chat and seamlessly integrated into the conversation. In Skype, copy pasting an image results in the image being sent as an attached file which is disruptive and really negates the convenience of sending an image over IM versus more conventional means such as e-mail.

Overall Google Chat offers a modern approach to enterprise instant messaging that simply works and works well.

Puntos en contra

One of the main concerns for Google Chat revolves around the precarious nature of Google long term product support. On the other side of the fence Skype users are migrating to a more Discord or Slack like application called Microsoft Teams. This next generation of application incorporates IM into a broader context that includes more robust moderation and content sharing capabilities.

As of now, Google Chat is in a branding transition to be incorporated as Google Hangouts Chat which indicates that Google intends to stay in the IM application space, but its not clear what features will be updated to bring Google Hangouts Chat in-line with competing applications.

Andrew P.
  • Sector: Comercio minorista

Google Chat Review

Revisado el 6/2/2021

Chat has been great for our organization, especially during our work from home phase which makes communication easy but also has kept our team closer together and has allowed everyone to be accessible both at work but also at a personal-level. Without the day-to-day social interactions we were used to pre-COVID, Chat allows our team to connect and take care of each other at work and outside the office.

Puntos a favor

Google Chat makes communicating across teams super easy and efficient. It's incredibly easy to integrate and implement across different teams, verticals, and locales and is the perfect substitute for email when you are in a bind.

Puntos en contra

Since Google is accessible to practically everyone, there is little to not like about Chat, but the software can incorporate more features and functionality to make it an even more powerful tool. If other Google software was integrated into Chat (such as Sheets, Drive, or Docs) Chat could make more simple to transfer internal documents in a more efficient and seamless way.

Tara S.
  • Sector: Diseño
  • Software usado Otro durante Más de dos años

Easier than Skype

Revisado el 19/11/2019

One of our group does not have a smartphone (hard as that is to imagine nowadays), so chatting with him on a computer is the best way to enjoy face-to-face communication. We tried Skype, Facebook messages, and Google Hangouts with varying success, but Google Hangouts Chat was the most reliable and by far the easiest to figure out—and it is completely integrated with other G Suite features, so file sharing and accessing contacts is effortless.

Puntos a favor

It makes chatting with my writing group very easy—while I'm reading their submissions in my Gmail, I can see if they are online, and I can shoot them a quick message in the moment. It is already part of the G Suite, so no extra programs need to be installed. At the same time, that means I can communicate with anyone who has emailed me without sharing other contact information. We were able to have three people involved in the conversation easily, and I enjoyed being able to turn off the view of myself.

Puntos en contra

Sometimes the video/ sound is intermittent, much the way Skype cuts in and out or a FaceTime call will freeze. I believe the speed of your internet connection and that of your companions plays a critical role.

Tyler B.
  • Sector: Diseño gráfico

Essential.

Revisado el 15/4/2019

Puntos a favor

What's not to like? It's a chat function! It's very basic but I find it essential for dealing with colleagues. I work freelance right now, so am using it less these days, but in the past have worked in charities and it is essential to day to day communication with co-workers. It allows you to easily and quickly ask small questions without clogging up the inbox with unnecessary emails, and also without physically getting up and having to disturb people in the middle of their work day.

I've been with orgs that have used project management software; they have been very expensive and in the end the only function we've really ended up using is the chat. GSuite already has that, and it's free.

Puntos en contra

It doesn't pretend to be anything different, but it's very basic. If Google expanded it even a little bit it could easily supplant things like Slack, which many people/organizations are currently making use of, as it allows for things like topic threads and easier group file sharing. I would love to see Google flesh this app out a bit more - as it is it is good, but it could be so much better.

Bienvenido G.
  • Sector: Hospital y atención sanitaria

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Want simple way to communicate, use Chat by Google!

Revisado el 22/4/2020

Overall, this software is awesome for simple messaging only! It consumes less bandwidth so if you want just to communicate without having audio or video then use this software.

Puntos a favor

When it comes to have leading innovation, it is definitely Google! From complex to simple software tool, it is pioneered by Google. Chat by Google is simple yet innovative way of communicating. I can consider this chatting software as small but really an indispensable software in the sense that by using this you can communicate instantly across the world. I think it is very useful to use in different establishments like what we our doing in our company. I can easily get in touch with other caregivers of our company though we are working from home. We can easily share the information from one another and it does not require high end device where you can install it. If you want simple yet useful software for chatting so it is Chat by Google.

Puntos en contra

Chat by Google is designed specifically for chatting. If you are looking for chatting tool that has audio and video features then don't install it. It is basically for text communication only and not for multimedia sharing of information. This software is definitely designed for basic chatting only!

Maria Q.
  • Sector: Marketing y publicidad

Great Communication Tool

Revisado el 13/2/2021

My team loves it, and I do too. They are really happy with the migration from WhatsApp and Telegram to Chat because it allows them to focus more without the phone distractions and also separate completely their personal communication tool from the ones for the job.

Puntos a favor

It allows us to have constant and direct communication without invading the personal communications channels of our team. You can create all types of rooms you might need according to your team structure and use threads to maintain the different topics in each room so nobody misses anything.

Puntos en contra

You cant easily reply to a previous message or comment "tagging" it and you cant send voice notes I understand it makes sense as it is a working tool, but it would make some message communication more easily.

An Application With Some Problems, With A Lot Of Potential

Revisado el 3/3/2019

While it is a chat application with many possibilities to be the suite of Google products, for the moment I think it has several points against it do not allow you to be up to the rest of the tools for chat. However, I still use it! ;)

Puntos a favor

The fact that this chat tool is 100% integrated to the suite of Google applications that we use in the company, makes everyday work with it very simple. It has the possibility of being used both from a PC (via web or through the standalone version) or from a mobile device.

Puntos en contra

Several points against: 1- the mobile version for Android does not solve the whole well to do with notifications, even more if it is used with the standalone version together. 2- The notifications in the mobile version take a while to arrive in comparison with other chat applications that we have used (HeapChat, for example). 3- The user interface and the actions that are carried out many times are not entirely clear until you learn them (for example: how to attach an image or document in a conversation, in which it is unclear what to send this document once attached to it). 4- The updates: they are very frequent and many times the session is lost when restarting the application after it.

Eric B.
  • Sector: Energías renovables y medio ambiente
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 201-500 empleados

Great Chat Software

Revisado el 26/10/2020

If you are looking for a way to interact with co-workers remotely, especially if you use other Google applications, then Google Chat is the way to go.

Puntos a favor

Google chat is very easy to use and offers multiple ways to interact with it. You can remain in the gmail window, you can have a separate chrome tab, or you can use the desktop chat app. Also available on mobile.

Puntos en contra

It is hard to find much to dislike, the old version was a little clunky, but the recent update fixed many of the old problems.

• Sector: Telecomunicaciones
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 1,001-5,000 empleados

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Great chat service for your Google account

Revisado el 10/3/2021

This new interface allows many capabilities that the regular chat does not allow. It enhances the communication experience for Google account users.

Puntos a favor

Many tools added to this standalone chat application that allow a great communication experience. Chat bots, rooms, groups and individual chats have a great view and allows a smoother experience for users.

Puntos en contra

Jumping from that email chat to the Chat feature may be problematic, so you need to make sure that all users are using the same technology.

Robin R.
  • Sector: Aprendizaje en línea

New Google CHAT for Gsuite

Revisado el 7/5/2020

Early adoption participation is key. Without it, its just a simple internal chat. That works for some companies, but not most. The tool itself is clean and the layout is easy to use. Just waiting for Google to loosen the noose and allow other chat users that aren't on Google to participate in chats.

Puntos a favor

Be an early adopter for updates and features. This allows external chat, which is always a desired feature by end users.

Puntos en contra

It only allows you to chat with other Gmail/Gsuite users. Google is too restrictive on chat participants, which leaves people using other tools like RAMBOX to manage their chats and use accounts outside of the organization.

Wedy W.
  • Sector: Producción audiovisual

Google Chat -- Streamlining My Work Day

Revisado el 31/12/2019

My personal experience has been great! Instead of calling someone to address a project-related question or issue rather than walk to their desk multiple times per day. I like getting my answers in real time -- and the ability to e-mail myself a chat transcript to refer back to later. I like to have work decisions in writing, and this feature lets me do that.

Puntos a favor

What I like best about Google Chat is how it allows me to communicate with my colleagues without having to leave my desk -- a time suck! I can talk with one person or a project-specific group. I like that I can address simple questions and clarifications almost instantly without having to leave my desk. My team can make sure we're on the same page via the group chat function

Puntos en contra

There is always the possibility that users will waste time chatting about non-work subjects using the Google Chat feature. I try to treat my staff like adults and trust them to not waste time or abuse the privilege of having Chat on their desktop.

Sung L.
  • Sector: Biotecnología

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Simple and easy to use messaging platform, basic but get the job done!

Revisado el 28/8/2020

Puntos a favor

Simple design makes it easy to understand makes it very intuitive and makes a easy to use chat program. Its integration with gmails makes it a very smooth process to switch back and forth between chat and email clients. The contacts are already loaded from your gmail client and make it easier to start chatting with those contacts right away. Also, due to the popularity of gmails, most users have gchat account and can be easily contacting using the gchat client.

Puntos en contra

Lack of advance features seen in other chat clients, such as notification on when the receiver of the message has ready the message or not. Video chat functionality is sometimes poor compared to other video chat clients, especially when the bandwidth is low. Can't do larger multiple user chat level similar to Zoom. Also, it is not really clear on how to share files or screen share with other users in the same conversation.