41 reseñas
Automox

Automox

Plataforma de gestión de parches basada en la nube

4.8 /5 (41 opiniones)
98% Un ha recomendado esta aplicación
41 reseñas
Nathan K.
Traducir a español

Finally a software deployment tool that just works

Revisado el 18/10/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

We had a very successful POC which showed how much time we would be saving using their platform.
Automox can automatically deploy patches endpoints need for OS or third-party applications.

I'm also very excited about the features they will be adding to their platform.

Puntos a favor

I love how responsive the product is for being agent-based.

Multi-platform support makes it easy to use one product for your patching and software deployment needs.

Automatic scanning which uncovers which patches are needed for installed applications/OS.

Their live dashboard makes it easy to determine the level of compliance.
Their built-in live chat makes it easy to connect with Support to resolve issues.

Puntos en contra

Their current reporting makes for troubleshooting deployment issues difficult sometimes but their support is top-notch and I've been told this is being addressed as is on their roadmap.

Respuesta de Automox

Thanks for the great review, Nathan! We're glad to hear you're having a great experience with Automox. Reporting updates are absolutely on the roadmap. Stay tuned for exciting reporting updates coming soon!

John P.
Traducir a español

Streamlining and simplifying our patching strategy in a "Do More with Less" world.

Software usado Mensualmente durante 1-5 meses
Revisado el 18/9/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Automox has significantly reduced our time it takes to patch our systems. We also are patching additional risks that were difficult to cover with other products. The result: A better security position for the company based on the risk reports we present to our executive leadership and risk committees.

Puntos a favor

This product is easy to configure, distribute, and use. It has cut down our patching cycle significantly, plus it doesn't require babysitting like many other solutions on the market. The biggest "like" though is that it has significantly reduced the risk of our company based on the reports we run from our vulnerability scanning.

Puntos en contra

UI continues to need some improvement; however, they do publish updates regularly.

Respuesta de Automox

Thanks for the great review, John! Time to patch is a critical metric we believe more organizations need to understand and act on to ensure they're reducing security gaps. We agree that the UI needs some attention, and we've been actively working on some pretty cool updates. Stay tuned!

Abhilash R.
Sector: Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro

Perfect for mixed environments

Revisado el 18/3/2020
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

I wish I had signed up for Automox earlier. It has reduced my department's overhead regarding maintaining updates quite a bit.

Where to start --
> Easy deployment
> Can be used as a basic inventory management system
> Integrates with Crowdstrike Falcon
> Windows computers no longer need to be in the network to receive updates from the server
> Can be used to replace Jamf for Macs since this handles Mac updates as well
> Other than OS updates, Automox updates many apps like Adobe, Zoom, Webex as well
> Excellent admin interface and dashboard

Puntos en contra

Not necessarily a con, but I would like a note/remark option under each computer so that I can add notes or encryption keys

Sector: Servicios financieros

Did not work correctly.

Software usado Otro durante Prueba gratis
Revisado el 4/12/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Could not get this to work effectively even on just two windows servers, contacted support and got an initial response but nothing more.

Looks nice and would be a good solution if it worked, it just seems unfinished and flaky.

I suspect you need to enable a firewall rule for 3rd party updates to work ( suspect the same for Linux) .

Puntos a favor

Looks nice, works fine with Linux ( as long as firewall is set up)
fairly simple setup.

Puntos en contra

Did not pick up that our 2008 test machine had not patched in 2 years.
Did not show all the "Supported" 3rd party software.
No Logs.
Did not have any info on updates not applying.
Policies did not seem to apply correctly.
Still requires WSUS( or risk using online windows updates which kill bandwidth)
No Linux Onsite Cache

Probabilidad de recomendación: 2.0/10

Danny R.

Awesome product

Revisado el 26/7/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Automox is the first patch management software I've used that I can trust to get the job done without babysitting. That said I did take 4 months of babysitting to prove to myself that I can finally relax, a little, and not worry about the job getting done.

Puntos a favor

Fast, Reliable, easy to configure and very easy to use.

Puntos en contra

The only issue I've seen so far, not really a problem just an annoyance, is when you sort by "Group Membership" it sorts the pages separately instead of truly sorting by the column. Like I said, just annoying.

Respuesta de Automox

Hi Danny! Thank you for your awesome feedback. We hear on you on your frustrations with around group membership sorting have it on our roadmap to solve! Glad to hear you like our product and it's very easy to use!

Corey D.

Possibilities are endless - Not just an update platform

Revisado el 29/5/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

It's been a delight working with the software and the Automox team themselves. They're a great bunch that truly understands the needs of their customers.

Solid A+

Puntos a favor

Windows Updates were our only priority when finding a solution, but once I realized the potential of what they had on their roadmap... I was hooked. Windows Updates/Software Patch Management/Custom policies/Reporting/Live dashboard.... It is a hefty tool that I plan to take advantage of as long as possible.

They're always improving and adding features, and they take customer feedback very seriously. I've seen features fixed/updated or even features I've suggested on their roadmap within a week of discussing.

Puntos en contra

Originally, dashboard performance was hit/miss. It has improved a lot since then, and they're still working on further improving performance.

Respuesta de Automox

Thank you so much for the feedback, Corey! We appreciate the grade on our work and are excited to hear your experience has been excellent! We are constantly improving performance and are glad to see you noticed as well as the features we add. We're excited for the future and to work more with happy users like yourself.

David T.
Sector: Formación profesional y coaching
Traducir a español

Cloud based patch management ideal for multi-site and remote users

Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

I have seen a big improvement in patching remote systems and laptops over the last two years. The cost involved with Automox is offset by the time that would have been wasted on WSUS and the non-profit discount is a great help.

Puntos a favor

The software is simple to deploy and requires little attention once installed, but ensures excellent endpoint visibility. If you consider patching to have the same importance as endpoint security, you need a tool like this to see the patch status of your endpoints and servers.

Puntos en contra

You need to remember to delete retired endpoints from the console.

Respuesta de Automox

Well stated, David! Thanks for your input and we agree the retired endpoints reminder is a great idea. We will add that to some other discussions around our roadmap.

Daniel G.
Sector: Museos e instituciones
Tamaño de la empresa: 1001-5000 empleados

Simple and Stable Patching Solution

Revisado el 14/8/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Great, zero complaints. Support has been excelent, the one time I needed to contact them (which was due to my lack on knowledge rather than an actual issue.)

Puntos a favor

Easy UI to Learn, Easy to setup Patching Policies, Easy Install Process, Fast and Knowledgeable Support, Fast UI Load Times.

Puntos en contra

Possibly too simple for companies that want more hands-on control with patching.

Respuesta de Automox

Thank you for the great feedback, Daniel! We're happy to hear you're having a great experience and see the value of the hands-off approach. As for more hands-on control, we have some features on our roadmap to address this!

Tina B.
Sector: Banca
Traducir a español

Program updating made easy!

Revisado el 22/5/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

The interaction is the Automox customer service is great; any question I have had has been answered quickly and concisely.

Puntos a favor

The Automox program has made my life so much easier. The installation and set up process is extremely easy; once you add your servers and workstations, set up groups and assign the IP addresses to the group, you are finished. The reporting is easy and clear and the notification process is as easy as checking a box and reading the email!

Puntos en contra

I have not found any cons. My experience with Automox has been wonderful.

Respuesta de Automox

Thank you so much for the great review, Tina!

John K.

Great patching solution

Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Automox has been great in terms of support, billing, new features, etc.

Puntos a favor

It is web-based and easy to use. Login, review or kick-off a patching cycle and that's that!

Puntos en contra

Hmmm, that is a tough one. I think all patching software has problems getting all of the patching done so there still is some manual intervention, but a small percentage.

Respuesta de Automox

Thanks for the great review, John!

Sector: Educación superior

Game Changer!

Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

I found Automox at a conference and purchased about two weeks later. The team has been great to work with and stayed in touch, unlike so many others that disappear into the night after the PO is signed.

Puntos a favor

It took me nearly 20 years in I.T. to finally find a patch/update solution that I liked and that actually worked. In most simple terms...Automox just works! Setting up Automox itself was trivial. Installing the client is one of the easiest clients. After that...check in periodically, approve patches, and rest easy...because for once you know your systems are actually patched. Plus you have reporting for management without any extra effort.

Puntos en contra

It needs to grow more. Right now it still doesn't support 100% of our software, including some heavily used well-know titles. Support for other software needs to grow by at least 10x if it's going to have a chance to succeed. The software deployment piece also has some kinks to work out.

Respuesta de Automox

That's for the great feedback! We agree that supported software needs improvement and are actively working on it! If you're open to it, please send our Support team ([email protected]) the software titles you would like to see as it can help us prioritize our list.

Brendan O.

Trifecta - Mac, Windows, Linux management

Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Even though it is new, I am impressed. Any new start up would be crazy not to give this tool a look. Any IT shop that is cross-platform should give them a try too.

Puntos a favor

The requirements of my management tool were hard to fill: support the 3 major OS client flavors, be run as an SaaS offering, and it must not depend on Active Directory. I was surprised to find all 3 requirements were near impossible to find, heck even 1 of the 3 was a challenge, 2 seemed impossible. Then I stumbled on Automox - all 3 boxes checked. The test drive was simple - and powerful. The tool is fast too! Once a client is installed it is mere moments until a complete hardware/software inventory is reported in the console, and policies are ready to be deployed. Need software to go out to a Macbook, Windows laptop, and Linux rig? It can do all three.

Puntos en contra

The solution is new - and still working on features. It isn't buggy as you might expect, but it lacks great reporting, and a few features I would love to see. However they do respond to requests, and they do share their roadmap with customers. So I know some of the drawbacks are already on the way to improvement.

Respuesta de Automox

Thank you for the feedback, Brendan! We're excited for the future of reporting among other areas we're focusing our efforts this year.

Tamaño de la empresa: 1001-5000 empleados

Automox - SaaS Patch Management for IT teams

Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Due the fact that we have globally multiple locations and are workforce is also remote, Automox solve many issues which we had before to keep our computers up to date and patch against the latest security threats. We had tried few products and none of them was so simple to use, deploy and get to business ion very short period of time for our IT team.

Puntos a favor

Simplicity of deployment, not requirement of long training to get use to it, cross support for Windows/Max and Linux. Ability to patch system that are remote and not physically in the office.

Puntos en contra

In beginning there were not many features and no SSO support -- this has been quickly added into the product in very short period of time.

Respuesta de Automox

Thanks for noticing our new features, we appreciate it! We have more coming, stay tuned!

Gary D.
Traducir a español

Timely patching, and save time!

Puntos a favor

It reduces the amount of manual work I have to do on users machines to ensure they are patched and up to date. I can easily identify when critical patches come in and inform users what's happening, creating that great user experience.

Puntos en contra

The notifications have been slightly problematic for us as users do not know what is updating (on the basic patching licence). Office has sometimes just shut down in the middle of a user doing work. This could be addressed in the full version by creating custom policies for certain high-touch products/software packages.

Reboot notifications could do with being more obvious to the user, who is highly likely to simply click it and not pay attention, though this is not direct failing on Automox's part. A small change in wording may help change the impact ("Install now" vs "Install and reboot")

Respuesta de Automox

Great feedback, Gary! Thank you! We're happy we could save you time and keep your machines patched and up to date. As for your thoughts on the notifications, we agree and appreciate your input here. We have notifications on our roadmap and look forward to hearing more from users like yourself down the road.

Probabilidad de recomendación: 8.0/10

Manoj M.
Sector: Servicios de información
Traducir a español

Simple software that continues to get better

Revisado el 23/9/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

The software is simple and rollout is seamless, the console ensures we know whats going on for updates on our inhouse and cloud servers, this relieves a lot of manual work which we used to do on the boxs to keep them upto speed with windows updates.

Puntos a favor

Constant upgrades, good service and clear communication.

Puntos en contra

Lack of formal inventory planning, they are getting there but I dont think its a priority yet, however at the print point automox is a great value.

Traducir a español

Best in market OS agnostic cloud native patch/vulnerability remediation solution.

Revisado el 7/3/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Fully solved our need for patching/vulnerability management. Full stop.

Puntos a favor

Automox's laser focus on patching/vulnerability remediation makes beats multifunction competitors who try to do too much and fail in multiple areas. If you're looking for patching stop and try Automox now.

Puntos en contra

Reporting has made huge improvements in the last year but still has room for improvement. They're also adding 3rd party software but currently don't have wide coverage.

Darrell Q.
Tamaño de la empresa: 2-10 empleados
Traducir a español

Easy cloud management for updates and patches for OS and software

Revisado el 27/9/2017
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Gives us an overview of computer updates and problem computers

Puntos a favor

Easy to deploy with group policy and has an easy to read dashboard that makes it simple to spot problem computers. Supports multiple organizations without having to use different logins

Puntos en contra

Takes time to learn the new interface after major updates, does not have an obvious alert when you run out of endpoint licences

George T.
Traducir a español

Great product. Easy to use and deploy. Phenomenal Customer Service.

Revisado el 25/1/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Automated patch management for my end-users. Peace of mind for my team and I knowing that we do not need to manual patch systems.

Puntos a favor

Organization deployment is quick and painless. Current UI is lightyears ahead of the previous version which makes navigation easy and logical.

Puntos en contra

Small UI quirks here and there. Scheduling is not as exact as I would like. All of which is on their road map.

Ken S.
Sector: Bienes de consumo

Made my Job much easier

Revisado el 11/9/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

I was using an old Windows Update Server (WSUS) which in itself was a pain, but that only updates windows. Automox updates windows plus all of my other software that I have installed.

Puntos a favor

Easy to use, visibility of the end points status, my auditors loved it

Puntos en contra

Nothing really, it is as advertised. It made my job much easier

Respuesta de Automox

Fantastic, Ken! It's great to hear that you're job is easier from using Automox. Thanks for the great review!

Michael B.
Traducir a español

Great cloud based Patch Management solution for local and remote user devices.

Revisado el 6/3/2018

Puntos a favor

I run an IT department that has multiple US and International locations, patch and update management is always a chore across multiple OS platforms.
AutoMox solves this issue for us and gives us great reporting for security, compliance and support needs.

AutoMox has also helped us greatly with new MAC OS X deployments and software compatibility issues that require updates.

Ease of use. Very easy to get up and running in minutes.

I am very grateful for the stability and lack of bugs within the system.

Puntos en contra

Lack of SSO, SAML and MFA adoption. With this application having the ability to touch all systems from your company that are added, a better security model for account access is required. A login password only does not cut it these days.

3rd party software list needs growth.

Greg C.
Sector: Aprendizaje en línea
Traducir a español

We've been running Automox for a year and have had a great experience.

Revisado el 13/9/2017
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

We were able to do away with our wsus server and need for a vpn connection.

Puntos a favor

We are a completely cloud based operation so the ability to manage our asset updates via the cloud is amazing.

Puntos en contra

Over the past year, we've had lots of issues with the site loading slowly as well as the reporting function needs some work.

Jeff T.
Sector: Administración gubernamental

Automox Rocks!

Puntos a favor

Like everything...easy to use, deploy and budget friendly. GREAT customer service!

Puntos en contra

Nothing so far :) I've enjoyed using it and hove referred others who were looking for a solid patching solution.

Respuesta de Automox

Thanks for the referrals, Jeff! We're always glad to hear your experience with our Support team is excellent.

Josh W.
Sector: Ropa y moda
Traducir a español

Automox is the perfect tool for our patching & inventory needs!

Revisado el 25/1/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Security for our PCs, Macs, and Windows-based servers.

Our accounting department likes that I can pull up specific information about users & computers.

Puntos a favor

Ease of use & outstanding graphics for representing the data - those are the 2 things that stand out the most.

This software gives us peace of mind knowing that our remote company-owned devices are being patched. The developers are doing a great job of keeping up with the latest security threats. I love having current threat info easily accessible within the Automox dashboard.

Their tech support is excellent.

Puntos en contra

I would like to see more attention given to the 3rd party software deployment policy so the steps involved in creating the policy make the deployment even easier. More compatibility and guidance.

Rocks

Revisado el 21/6/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Windows has been horrible this year with their patches, automox has been wonderful.

Puntos a favor

Ease of set up, dashboard is simple and shows what I want to see.

Puntos en contra

Problems with Windows updates, there is more manual restarts than I care for.

Respuesta de Automox

We are happy to hear you had an easy setup and can get the information you need efficiently! Yes, Windows updates can be challenging but know that we are working diligently to optimize how our system manages those updates.

Josh W.
Sector: Ropa y moda
Traducir a español

Perfect patching solution for our mixed environment

Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de un año
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Without Automox I would have no way of knowing for sure that our devices are patched. We do not have a Mac management tool or local Active Directory. Automox has been the perfect solution for our needs.

Puntos a favor

The ease of use. I love the ability to see everything at a glance in the portal, and it is so easy to apply policies and settings.

Puntos en contra

I would prefer to have the ability to search on additional properties of the connected devices. Currently the search is limited to built-in filters.

Respuesta de Automox

Thank you for the feedback, Josh! We're so happy you're loving Automox. We'll keep your idea about searching in mind as we continue to make enhancements this year.