622 opiniones

Whova

Plataforma de marketing y gestión de eventos basada en la nube.

4.8 /5 (622 opiniones) ¡Escribe una reseña!

• Funciones
Un ha recomendado esta aplicación
622 opiniones
Kellie G.
  • Tamaño de la empresa: Trabajador autónomo

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Whova for a Virtual Event Win!

Revisado el 9/10/2020

With six weeks to go for a virtual 4-day conference, Whova met all the requirements we were looking for in a virtual conference experience for both the organization and the attendees. The price point was ideal for a small organization, and their a la cart pricing helps keep within any budget.

It was a very successful event for the organization and discussion is to have some virtual option moving forward, even if we still hold an in-person event.

Puntos a favor

A Small non-profit I work with moved their in-person event to virtual event for 2020. With 6 weeks until the event start in September, a decision was made to move it to a more robust option allowing for sponsor interaction. Whova came through for us in many ways - financially, user-friendly for both back end and attendee end, integration with already existing registration platform - RegFox, Zoom interface, meeting rooms, session surveys and robust reporting.

Any issues we had and sent support emails were addressed in a timely manner.

They offer several help documents and videos to walk you through various set-up and troubleshooting.

Puntos en contra

Be aware that Whova has their own drip-campaign of emails they send to those attending your event. We were not aware of these prior to them sending, and it cause a bit of confusion and frustration on our end. We are not able to see in advance nor edit those emails, which also contained information not pertinent to our virtual event. We did address this with our sales person in our post-event meeting, and this is an issue they are aware of and addressing.

• Tamaño de la empresa: 501-1,000 empleados

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

A must have tool for event organisers

Revisado el 24/12/2019

The app is optimized for business events (were no abstract handling is required), however, we used it successfully to manage our attendees in a small scientific conference. We loved checking in our attendees ultra-fast, posting last-minute changes and useful information in the app and share event photos. It helped a lot in creating the name badges (maybe could consider a certificate feature according to the registration category as well?). As organizers, we would prefer a bit more flexibility and one cost for all the features, however, all of our participants loved the application and we received very positive feedback from them

Puntos a favor

The QR code attendee check-in is probably the highlight of Whova's features. It checks in the attendees a matter of seconds, skipping the long lines in the registration counters. The updated version of Whova includes features that can be used directly to the event's website (e.g. Agenda webpage). Great customer service experience with online training on how to use the app.

Puntos en contra

Several features require in-app purchases and purchases per-use (e.g the paid tickets or the sponsors' features). This may be a struggle for small events (less than 500 participants) who need to have an idea of the overall cost in advance. As a customer, I would greatly appreciate the flexibility to rename and create new or delete categories in all the fields of the event content, as well as flexibility to include the same person under two or three attendee categories (organizers, volunteers, speaker, secretariat) as the posts are normally shared among a small group of people who assist in the organization. Lastly, even though it is helpful attendees to register via facebook many of them use nicknames which ends up printing wrong badges. I have not used the app as an attendee, so I suggest to offer an option to register via LinkedIn, Academia or other professional websites, inform that the name used should be the same one used during registration and that will be printed in the name badge requesting their approval.

Darlene D.
  • Sector: Fuerzas del orden público

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Excellent option to keep your conference attendees engaged

Revisado el 25/3/2021

This app was an incredibly useful tool for both an in-person and a virtual conference. I think any company organizing an event would be remiss not to consider it.

Puntos a favor

I have not purchased this software to use with my business, but have used it for two large conferences I attended and it seemed to make the events run seamlessly. The ease of which attendees can peruse the available sessions and then add events to their own agendas is wonderful. You can click between the full schedule and your own agenda easily.

Also, the web version and the mobile version are both useful in additional different ways. The mobile version is great for engaging the attendees with discussion posts and surveys. The web version was especially robust for this past conference, which was all virtual. Each session was clickable from the agenda and once in the page for a session, a zoom presentation was available to view and a chat and Q&A tab were available at all times along side the presentation window. (Both web and mobile have the same easy-to-use agenda building section.)

Puntos en contra

The mobile app does not allow you to view nested zoom presentations for any given session. I believe many people would utilize that feature instead of having to sit on their computers. That being said, these were learning sessions so perhaps that was a choice of the organizing body since they wanted attendees to have a separate window open to work through the training modules in their software.

Tijl D.
  • Sector: Investigación
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 10,000+ empleados

• Probabilidad de recomendación 0.0 /10

Nice features but unreliable. Do not use for critical applications.

Revisado el 14/9/2020

Pretty horrible if you have to explain an audience of 1000+ people that the app was down for >1.5 hours mid-conference.

Puntos a favor

Nice features, admin interface relatively user-friendly, user-interface very user-friendly.

Puntos en contra

I used it for a large virtual conference (1000+ attendees, up to 10+ parallel sessions), and it was down for >1.5 hours. Extremely embarrassing and impossible to recover from it.

Medium impact weakness is that the interface is not very responsive (i.e. slow).

Minor impact (but nonetheless frustrating) weakness is that the admin interface is buggy (or has 'quirks' like they call it themselves).

From lots of things we could notice this is not a company built on solid software engineering (e.g. they use "FirstName LastName" as the 'key' to identify attendees, and some of the admin features behave in a very illogical and unexpected manner).

Eric K.
  • Sector: Logística y cadena de suministro

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

As a conference attendee and sponsor - Whova checks the boxes

Revisado el 30/12/2020

Bottom line: It helped me connect with other attendees and keep my schedule like no other platform has.

Puntos a favor

For the last conference we sponsored (Goalmakers 2020 National Forum), the ease of creating a booth space and offering a raffle and give away was unmatched to other platforms I have experienced. It tracks traffic and makes the virtual booth actually work for attendance. As an attendee, my profile had sufficient depth and made contact with other attendees easy. My schedule was easy to see and follow throughout. This is at least the third time I have used Whova with success.

Puntos en contra

I would love to see a hallway chat function. My brother attended a virtual conference that allowed attendees to drop into the "hallway" during the breaks. That would mirror the networking that would happen between sessions in an in-person conference.

• Sector: Software informático
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 5,001-10,000 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de dos años

Love Whova

Revisado el 16/2/2021

Puntos a favor

Totally easy way to connect with others, which was very helpful during these pandemic times.

Puntos en contra

Filling out this survey on how I liked Whova or not.

F. dekarlos B.
  • Sector: Instituciones religiosas

What A Great Product!!

Revisado el 10/2/2021

I was able to facilitate a breakout session and workshop via this platform. It was easy to use and it provided great support to ensure I had what I needed to be successful.

Puntos a favor

The ease of us was matchless. The fact that a whole conference can be self-contained was priceless in this time of uncertainty with the coronavirus pandemic. I loved being able to see the complete conference schedule, and then being allowed to create my own schedule was awesome. Even better was that the particular sessions I chose were easily integrated into my personal and professional calendars via Microsoft Outlook!

Puntos en contra

I think the only think I struggled with was being able to readily see who was registered for my workshop, but then I found that so I was good.

• Sector: Capital riesgo y capital privado
  • Software usado Otro durante Prueba gratis

• Probabilidad de recomendación 2.0 /10

Way too complicated for me

Revisado el 28/1/2021

Puntos a favor

I liked that it allowed you to go to a virtual event and tried to imitate the community feeling.

Puntos en contra

I was not engaged at all, I didn't know half of the things that were going on and never understood the tools available, felt like I missed the event and many people that attended through whova that I spoke with, felt the same way. I don't know if it was the event organizers that did not communicate clearly, or just whova that has too many functionalities that makes it hard to use.

F. nicholas S.
  • Tamaño de la empresa: Trabajador autónomo

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Great event app for users!!!

Revisado el 2/2/2021

I have attended several virtual conferences since the pandemic started but my recent experience with Whova was leaps and bounds above all of the other conferences that I have attended. It was easy to use and I felt very engaged with my fellow attendees. As an exhibitor, I got to really engage with attendees, which was really nice.

Puntos en contra

Sometimes I found that notifications that I looked at on the website version still showed up in the app on my phone/iPad as unread and were not always easy to find but that was a minor issue for us.

• Software usado Otro durante 6-12 meses

Revisado el 17/3/2021

Puntos a favor

I liked that I did not have any lags and that presenters were able to stream via Zoom without having me go into a different app or need an additional code.

Puntos en contra

Had to download Whova before the conference instead of just loggin in.

Debora D.

Great Event, Webinar and Video Chat Meeting Platform

Revisado el 30/6/2020

Overall, enjoyed using and being able to participate in a conference that would otherwise be physical and being able to interact with other attendees. I believe there's more potential for increased interaction and exchange of info with others vs. a physical conference. I like being able to go back and reference past posts and be able to continue engaging with attendees after the event, but I wish there were no expiration for the event info and chat posts.

Puntos a favor

I used this platform for our database vendor's annual conference which had to be entirely virtual this year due to Covid-19. They offered webinars, individual drop in meeting hours with various reps, special interest topics/chat rooms, a document download section and even photo contests. There was so much available, I'm sure I didn't explore every feature.
Pros:
-Easy to register and log into via App or Browser, especially helpful when on a Chromebook
-Clean intuitive interface
-Able to see Agenda and main areas from Home page
-Good one on one video chat capability for meeting with reps (didn't get to test waiting in line capability)
-Video and audio was clear for webinars (our vendor used Go-To-Meeting, which allowed the complete running Transcript for both days' webinars to be viewed), convenient links to recorded webinars for past events
-Variety of engaging areas, including multiple Virtual Activity and Topic Chat Rooms, and Contests that allowed users to comment and post photos - good creative fun and lurkers can also benefit from others' posts
-Document download area
-Able to reference info and continue interacting with attendees after the event (but limited to 6 months)

Puntos en contra

Because I am on an older Chromebook, I was unable to do some of the following:
Cons:
-Limited functionality on older devices kept me from viewing a Comment I added to my posted Photo in the Contest chat area (did not take the Comment), which I added via older mobile Phone - I was unable to view Comment on either my Phone or my older Chromebook (could have been user error)
-Comment to my Photo by others did not show up under my Photo but much further down and under the other person's posts - layout for comments and replies was confusing and didn't follow sub-menu properly or consistently - My Reply to a Comment added via older Chrome device did show up under her Comment, but not under my Photo (maybe it was the other User's error or perhaps she submitted it via her Phone and also had a problem) - mobile interface may be a little buggy.
-Was unable to see the number of likes per Photo or Posts on everyone's submitted Photos on my older Chromebook device, but was able to see these on my Phone
-6 month time limit access to content (would love to access indefinitely)

Karen R.
  • Sector: Servicios medioambientales

Advantages of Using Whova at a Conference

Revisado el 18/2/2020

At the Cority conference in Nashville, I was able to set my schedule for sessions that related to me and take notes at those conferences from the app. It allowed me to set up networking with others in my field. The opportunity that Whova extends for engagement between attendees is phenomenal. All attendees were able to communicate like issues with current software usage, likes, dislikes, schedule meetups, give tips, and just share fun things about each other within the community. Attendees have the ability to message each other within the app, as well as, exchange information. Whova is wonderful organizational and communication tool for conferences. It allows you the functionality and flexibility to stay connected. Even after the conference, I am still able to stay connected and message with my new networking contacts within the app.

Puntos a favor

Whova is great for the ease of setting schedules, networking opportunities, functionality, flexibility, user friendly interface, ability to create meetups, ability to share memories through photo sharing, and the engagement opportunities with other attendees at the conference. I also like that you can still communicate with other attendees (networking opportunities) even after the conference is over.

Puntos en contra

I have used the Whova app at several Cority conferences, and I have yet to find any negative issues.

Kimberly P.
  • Sector: Práctica médica

Attending Seminars in 21st Century

Revisado el 27/10/2020

The cost of attending conferences can be staggering. Not only for registration but travel and staying
at the conference. Using Whova to organize the conference allows the attendees much more freedom and ease in attending and tracking where you need to be.

Puntos a favor

Whova is a wonderful addition for any conference. I first used Whova in 2018 while attending RTUC in
Las Vegas. As you can imagine, this is an enormous place with lots of things to do for a first time visitor.
Whova let me organize my agenda, set up meetings and after hours get togethers, all in one place. I loved being able to look in one place to find what was coming up. This year our conference was done online only. The usual get togethers and lunches were missing but Whova still made it personal. We had pictures, messages, events, question and answers from sessions and even a leader board to show who was doing the best. I would love to attend future events online as long as Whova is a part of them. You truly have a very easy to use and appealing app. Thank you for making attending yearly Conferences more enjoyable even during the Pandemic.

Puntos en contra

I don't really have any complaints. I think Whova has a very appealing look and very user friendly

Lynden M.
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 5,001-10,000 empleados

Whoa! Whova

Revisado el 28/1/2020

I have begun to connect with like minded people and work on a Virtual Reality project to build an application for many programs.

Puntos a favor

I attended the Kaltura 2020 Connect conference in New Orleans, LA. and Whova is the first interactive application I have been introduce to at a conference. The Kaltura team kept all of the attendees engaged in every event that was going on prior to the conference and throughout the 3 days using Whova. I realized how powerful Whova was when I found myself lock in to the application day after day. Need to say, Whova gave me access to so many attendees from around the world. On the application we were able to set up connect meeting to discuss common interests, share rides, discuss new technologies, etc. Whova provided you your daily agenda along with reminders on your phone, iPad, computer, smart watch, and pop ups from other attendees. Something I found uniques was it allows you to take notes for every event, meet ups, and you can provide real time feedback. I find feedback extremely important for growth. No matter what industry you are in, this application I highly recommend to increase innovation and productivity.

Puntos en contra

The only thing I can say disappointing about this software is that I was not exposed to it first.

Zaf C.
  • Sector: Marketing y publicidad
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de dos años

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

If you have Whova Conference is very easy and effective!

Revisado el 24/10/2020

Puntos a favor

This app helped me a lot in the meeting. The best meeting app I've seen so far. I liked being able to easily create calendars, connect with people, scan business cards. It was VERY helpful to have photos of people also in the participants section. I managed to connect with many people with this simple plugin. Actually, I still use it to connect with people! Whova has significantly changed my experience at the conference and I will always strongly recommend this to anyone attending a conference.

Puntos en contra

I only think good things about this software, I haven't had a bad experience.

Kathy B.
  • Software usado A diario durante 6-12 meses

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Exceptional Value!

Revisado el 31/3/2017

The WHOVA app provided a wonderful user experience for our delegates. It made it easy for our delegates to connect with other attendees and speakers, share contact information, and be informed about all the event logistics and details. As the organizer of the event, the app had the perfect combination of "ready-made" options with the ability to customize and personalize. I found it extremely intuitive to use. When I did have a question, the online customer service was amazing. Overall the WHOVA app was a great value and contributed to the success of our event.

Puntos a favor

Easy to use-ready made templates made it easy to customize and upload information.
Exceptional Customer Service-online chat was prompt and very helpful

Respuesta de Whova Traducir a español

We are happy to know that you like our Whova app. Thanks for the feedback, and we will keep you updated with new features coming soon!

• Sector: Producción audiovisual

Successful Informative Conference provided by WHOVA Software Application

Revisado el 15/9/2020

Elated by the Whova application that provided technical accomplishments with simplicity to learn how to use the application as a user. This software enabled me to attend a multiple day conference with numerous speakers during the day. What a lesson I learned by using Whova software application that allowed me to attend an informational conference that didn't have to be cancelled due to Covid-19. Bravo to conference owners and Whova's application.

Puntos a favor

Amazing application that provided reliability and resources. As a user, I logged onto application several times a day to attend speaker resentations. The simplicity and the developmental complexity secured the underlying operation of the conference with confidence that worked every time.

Puntos en contra

Though the Whova provided a log-in for the users guide, I neglected to read relying on operational time to use the software. However, without technical expertise, I maneuvered around the applications to attend the speaker's hourly presentation. A snapshot or bullet print-out lesson would have been helpful. I relied on the conference leader to keep me informed attendees with tips to solve any problems during the conference without disruption. That meant you provided the conference owners with excellent support which provided a great, successful conference.

Gina T.
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 10,000+ empleados

Whova App is Best for Professional Development

Revisado el 17/11/2020

Several of our professional development circles have previously provided printed schedules, agendas, and course descriptions, which make for a lot of material to take home after a conference. With the Whova app, all of that information is now stored online which is so much easier for a traveler.

Puntos a favor

The Whova mobile app made it easy for me to select PD sessions, take notes, and organize my thoughts while the desktop app afforded me the opportunity to immediately download materials and snip and save images. I do appreciate that Whova emailed me a copy of all of the notes I'd taken in each of my PD sessions. I also like that the information stays on my account even after the session is over. I can still see last year's pics and notes from another PD session!

Puntos en contra

Not sure how things download from my mobile device, but the desktop app is great for saving information.

Scott P.
  • Sector: Diseño
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 51-200 empleados

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Tulsa Post SAME Industry Day 2021.

Revisado el 2/3/2021

it works, you don't get to say that about every app

Puntos a favor

the intuitive nature of the application design

Puntos en contra

no complaints, this app works as I expected

Michael B.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 0.0 /10

HORRIBLE experience for an event creator

Revisado el 8/10/2020

Hated it.

Puntos a favor

Lots of features are available. But the cons far outweigh the features.

Puntos en contra

Sponsor logo size is way too small to be viewed as a benefit to anyone considering a paid sponsorship.

Registrants who want to pay by PO/check have to be entered into the platform manually as “order.” BUT, when done that way they show up as FREE tickets, completely destroying the integrity of the reporting system. Also, when I manually entered a team of 16 people from one organization, I had to enter all the company info 16 times.

The method for adding people is beyond cumbersome. We have people who are speakers, sponsors, and exhibitors. Rather than just having a PEOPLE category, where those roles are selected, the person has to be entered three times in three categories. And they can’t access their collective profile — they have to update in three categories… Are you kidding me?? (when setting up an exhibitor, can check “sponsor” but it does nothing, as they still have to be entered as such manually.)

Updating speaker at session level doesn’t allow for the addition of their email address, which has to be done at the speaker level later.

When creating a new speaker, there is a button to add a session, but when you click it, it says to save the speaker first. When you do that, the window closes, so what’s the point of that useless button?

Our account manager wasn’t identified WELL into the event building process , nor did they actively participate in the creating of our event.

MANY attendees and speakers/exhibitors report not receiving emails send from the platform

Neisha P.
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 501-1,000 empleados

• Probabilidad de recomendación 6.0 /10

Way to go Whova

Revisado el 18/12/2018

This app was good to have to help me interact with others at the Convention, too bad one it over its over. I wasn't able to access the information like photos after the conference had been over for a while.

Puntos a favor

I found this software very helpful in keeping up the events at the Phi Theta Kapp National Convention. There were thousands of people and so many events it was overwhelming at times. I liked how the software helps you meet others at the convention, displays photos of events and there is ecen a messaging feature.

Puntos en contra

The only drawback I had using this software was trying to find an log onto the PTK Convention in the first place. It has been a year so maybe that issue was fixed. You had to wait and get a code to join the Convention, maybe PTK could have sent the code with the confirmation emails or something.

Nicole S.
  • Sector: Organización de eventos
  • Software usado Mensualmente durante Más de dos años

Our Top Choice

Revisado el 19/12/2020

Their customer service is always incredible. I cannot get over the high quality service we consistently receive on the shows we use their platform with. We would recommend Whova to others.

Puntos a favor

Whova is one of the most user-friendly, customer-service positive companies we've worked with in the last five years. We had previously used them with clients on-site at live events, and the last two years they have been our primary platform for virtual conferences / hybrid events. Their platform has a step-by-step process to set up and while it's robust, it's laid out very well for anyone to dive right into designing their own virtual event platform without breaking the bank.

Puntos en contra

Their desktop version is very disappointing. Since it was built to be an in-person event app, it's only natural their mobile app has a better user interface. We have a lot of clients that are looking for a more desktop friendly version of Whova in the future.

Amanda G.
  • Software usado A diario durante Prueba gratis

Thanks Whova

Revisado el 26/2/2019

I loved being able to see who was at the conference, what kinds of topics people were discussing, what connections were being made, etc. It was also helpful to see what was happening pre-conference. I'm sure I'll use it again at conferences in the future.

Puntos a favor

It was great to have a social media platform dedicated to the specific conference I attended. I also loved that I could see who was at the conference and where they worked.

Puntos en contra

The community portion of the app started to get really full, which made it harder to find what I was looking for. Maybe if that was organized by topics, or if the posts that had new comments were always at the top. Being in alumni relations, it would have been AWESOME if I could search attendees by where they went to school.

Ilissa M.
  • Sector: Inalámbrico

Straightforward, affordable and flexible Event engagement App

Revisado el 15/9/2020

Whova's team is attentive, always innovating and updating their capabilities, they listen and address concerns quickly and effectively. Our event loved the app and we love the Whova team.

Puntos a favor

The Whova app is very straightforward to use, they provide all of the embed links and capabilities to make it look like you're own powered by a simple to use back-end experience. It's flexible in the way you use and deploy it and is affordable.

Puntos en contra

Some of the search capabilities to highlight top sponsors and provide a tiered level view of support can be worked on and the streaming view is good for traditional videos, engaging with Zoom is not as strong.

Amy G.

Updatable & Environmentally Friendly

Revisado el 5/3/2019

Puntos a favor

I like being able to post updates to the conference program during the conference itself. Using Whova means we don't have to produce printed copies of the program. Whova also allows users to engage with each other - posting messages, planning get-togethers, posting photos, etc.
I heard that it will allow registration/check-in to be managed with Whova now, but I couldn't find that feature. I would be thrilled if it will handle registration/check-in.

Puntos en contra

It seems the price increased this year. But if we can use it for registration/check-in it would be well worth it.