Guidebook

Guidebook

Codeless mobile app building platform for events & training

4.8/5 (49 opiniones)
Sara S.
Traducir con Google

Guidebook for Orientations/Training: Fantastic!

Software usado Mensualmente durante Más de dos años
Revisado el 17/7/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Overall if you have the budget for this product I would highly recommend it. It's a fantastic tool to use for small, large, or midsized events, and very easy to use on the back end to schedule and upload information, but also very user-friendly for those who will actually be attending and utilizing the app to move and shake with their schedules.

Puntos a favor

Something that I liked most about this software is the scalability and the ability to update in real time. I cannot tell you how much this saved us during orientation trainings for our student staff when I was a Resident Director. We had instances where rooms were changed at the drop of a hat, or lunches/sessions were altered on start or end times and being able to update their schedule within the Guidebook app saved us and prevented catastrophe of having to let everybody know by word of mouth or e-mail; which none of our student staff would check during orientations. For scheduling snafus like this, it really saved the day with the real time updates and made everything seem seamless and like it was running smoothly, even if on the back end planners were running around like a bunch of crazy chickens.
This was really great for CRM integration too which was important to us for tracking/data purposes.

With syncing and list creations too, you can really impact things big time. For example, we could use this for student events and track ROI for our programs/budget, and also look at new leads for potential future programs with vendors or groups on campus. The possibilities are all there, and you can really customize this to fit your needs.

Puntos en contra

Pricing was really dicey for us as we had limited budget for large training groups. You have the options for self versus full service to kind of play around with. Unfortunately with budget cuts we weren't able to sustain using this. With the full service you can control branding which is AWESOME though, so if you have need for that it's really something to consider!

Traducir con Google

Excellent tool for conferences, training, orientations etc.

Revisado el 24/7/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Significantly reduce printing costs and paper usage. Allow individuals to plan better. Send updates in a timely fashion. Allow users to interact with each other.

Puntos a favor

I have used guidebook for a few years now. Most of my usage experience has come as a conference attendee. I no longer need to get tree-killing printed conference schedules (unless I am presenting, then I want a copy)!
The tool is very easy to use in most situations. You can create a registration/check-in for folks, put in guides, schedules, reminders, and push notifications to users.
I have explored using it for my own office as well, and had worked with guidebook to set up a trial. I thought the tool was very useful for our work (University - training undergraduate student staff), however, the price was a little too high for the extent to which this product would have been helpful, so I decided not to go through with this.

Puntos en contra

The schedule explore can be a little clunky, it will not keep your place at times, randomly refresh itself, etc. The search feature can be your best friend if you know what you are looking for, because the organization system is not designed for any specific context, which means that while it is good for many different uses, it leave a little to be desire in each specific context.

Probabilidad de recomendación: 8.0/10

Kayla F.

Guidebook is Awesome!

Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de un año
Revisado el 3/5/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Guidebook was the first time that we switched from a paper program for participants to an electronic app. It has brought our company's events into the 21st century and truly improved the experience of our event participants. Not only that, but it is a great improvement for those who have to create these guides for participants. My current supervisor had to create these paper programs and she always tells me how much she hated it! For me, it is wonderful to build technological skills and actually have fun creating this service for our participants.

Puntos a favor

The ease of use! Everything is very straight forward and even if I don't know how to do something, the support team responds in record timing. I enjoy the customization and easy drag and drop features. I also love the ability to copy content from one guide to another to save time on building.

Puntos en contra

Sometimes there are small glitches that cause me to have to reload the page, but nothing crazy. Any issues that arise are totally normal (nothing is 100% perfect) and are resolved quickly. I do wish that the sponsor cards could be copied to the next guide as they are usually the same.

Probabilidad de recomendación: 9.0/10

Keven D.
Tamaño de la empresa: 2-10 empleados
Traducir con Google

Guidebook user for over 7 years!

Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de dos años
Revisado el 2/5/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

When I began working with Guidebook in 2012, they were a new company and I was new to the event app world. Needless to say, I had many questions over the years. Each and every question was quickly answered by Guidebook's support team. At no time was I made to feel that I was asking a foolish question. Their professionalism and service exceed most companies I have worked with during my career as a meeting planner.

Puntos a favor

The Guidebook event app continues to grow and become more valuable to my attendees. Each year something new is added creating more value. The interactive social feed allows attendees to connect with each other. Pushing out notifications enables me to draw attention to key events during our conference. Evaluation of our educational sessions provided immediate feedback to our presenters.

Puntos en contra

At times there are features I wish were present like being able to jump to a certain letter in the alphabet when listing presenters. However, when I suggest these be added in future updates, I receive positive replies. I also have disliked what seems to me to be a continual change in the interface where the app is built. While it is intuitive and easy to use, the look seems to change too often for me.

Nate A.

Love Guidebook

Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de dos años
Revisado el 9/5/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Love Guidebook. Simple, easy, effective. And great customer service.

Puntos a favor

We love using Guidebook. It's so simple to teach other editors as well as edit myself. Even though the layout is simple, it's still easy to get creative and intentional with.

Puntos en contra

With we had more control of layouts. An easier way to put in static maps as PDF files would be great too,

Traducir con Google

Easy to use event management application

Revisado el 13/5/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

The ease of communication to attendees during events.

-Notifications to event attendees
-Ability to clone guides so that you don't have to rebuild for the next event
-Easy upload of documents
-Banners

Puntos en contra

-No Instagram icon for social media
-Attendees get confused with a preview vs. a live guide (there should be only a single presence of a guide when downloading)

Julie L.
Traducir con Google

Guidebook is a one-stop shop for conferences

Revisado el 18/2/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Guidebook eliminates the need for any printing, which cuts down on costs and waste. Guidebook makes it easy to stay on schedule, with maps and reminders. Connecting with other attendees is easy too, through the app, without needing to give more personal information than what you'd like while still having a way to network.

Puntos a favor

I have used Guidebook at several conferences, and love the ease of use as well as the total elimination of printed schedules and information. With the option of selecting what events I am planning to attend (and setting calendar reminders as well!) out the menu of offerings for any given day or time period, this makes scheduling a breeze. Maps, powerpoints, speaker notes, and options for social networking allow attendees to have any information they need just with one app.

Puntos en contra

For my purposes, I didn't have any complaints about this software or its utilization.

Nick A.

Simple Setup for Events

Revisado el 16/11/2017
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Guidebook helped me plan and coordinate a staff PD day for my school district. Users were able to interact throughout the day and plan out the sessions they wanted to attend digitally, without needed to carry a paper copy with them. This also helped me promote our day/event as well as provide acknowledgment to those companies that helped support our event.

Puntos a favor

Guidebook is a pretty easy tool to use when coordinating, planning, and scheduling events such as conferences and organizational/ company days. I have used in education when planning PD days for our district or when attending conferences. best part is the mobile app that users get to use and interact with when you make it live. Decent amount of included capabilities as well, that are in the free program, including images, and a feedback system.

Puntos en contra

When using with the free program, you are limited to the total number of downloads of your mobile app. I assume when paying this will change. As of now, the free version has sufficed.

Kris S.
Tamaño de la empresa: 501-1000 empleados

Campus welcome information

Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

We know that the majority of our first-year students were able to download the Guide, so we were able to communicate with them for their first weeks. Families who used the Guide were complementary.

Puntos a favor

It puts the essential information in the hands of the people who need it. It's easy to navigate. Icons are universal and understandable. Sending out schedule changes, updates, or reminders is a great feature. Easy for the guest to create a custom schedule.

Puntos en contra

The hardest part is taking a nice, orderly word document and getting into excel format to upload. It's hard to put one session with multiple sections into a format that works for the guest to easily choose and add to their personal schedule. Guest can't add non-Guide events to schedule.

Probabilidad de recomendación: 9.0/10

Kenneth B.
Sector: Recaudación de fondos
Tamaño de la empresa: 13-50 empleados

Great and Easy App for Small Businesses

Revisado el 3/5/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

I really enjoyed using Guidebook and will probably use it again. Currently I'm looking at other apps that are less expensive

Puntos a favor

The app was easy to set up and manage. Even a non-technical person can do it

Puntos en contra

It was quite a bit more expensive than other apps of the type

Probabilidad de recomendación: 8.0/10

Vicent P.
Sector: Internet
Traducir con Google

Write down your activities in a more didactic and efficient way.

Software usado A diario durante 6-12 meses
Revisado el 15/5/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

With Guidebook to organize my days and write down important things is very simple and fast, it is enough to just look for the app and start to write down.

Puntos a favor

The method of organizing for each of your activities that you can save as a digital book is really amazing and useful, with the app you do not worry about taking paper and pencil as in the old school, although necessary but not so practical.

Puntos en contra

It is a little confusing when looking for your activities and it brings problems when editing, there are cases that do not save the modifications.

Andrew Y.
Sector: Instituciones religiosas
Traducir con Google

Guidebook helps us look good!

Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Guidebook helps us offer a tool for our event participants that we'd never be able to create on our own.

Puntos a favor

As a religious, non-profit organization we don't often get high marks for being cutting edge or contemporary when it comes to our uses of technology. We have made some huge strides in the last 5 years and Guidebook has been part of that formula. Guidebook is one of the top things constituents mention in post-event surveys as something helpful we offer to improve their experience. I spend many hours perfecting the setup but I can't take credit for the platform itself. That's all you!

John T.
Traducir con Google

We used Guidebook at Annual Conference this past May. It was a way better presentation of events.

Revisado el 1/8/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

This software kept me organized at Annual Conference for the last 2 years.

Puntos a favor

When we had Guidebook as a list of events, dinners, speakers, etc. It was a great way to stay on top of things when so much other stuff was happening at Annual Conference. I even had access to some information that I did not have before because of Guidebook! I simply never saw it when the Conference used printed guidebooks.

Puntos en contra

Depending on the stuff i was looking for, Guidebook was kind of overwhelming my first year, because it was such a Big Conference with a lot of information.

Leslie R.
Sector: Organización de eventos
Tamaño de la empresa: Trabajador autónomo
Traducir con Google

Guidebook Excels as interactive meeting guide

Revisado el 17/5/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

The experience was unparalleled, especially when it came to the support. As a once-a-year-user, many aspects of the program are updated from one year to the next and the support I received in navigating the newest platforms was always prompt, efficient and on-target

Puntos a favor

The ease with which I can manage all aspects of the program, as well as the success rate for people using it onsite. Even those who may be 'technologically challenged' found it easy to download and easy to use

Puntos en contra

For my purposes, I could not find any part of Guidebook that was difficult or unclear to understand, learn or use.

Catie A.
Sector: Seguros

Best Option for Value

Revisado el 1/5/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

From small meetings to larger incentive travel, Guidebook has been a helpful resource. We are actually looking into how we can implement the use of it into our actual meetings. Our team has realized the benefit, but it is harder to get our guests to download the app.

Puntos a favor

Guidebook has many good things...not only is the system that helps you create your guide app super helpful, they have a ton of resources, the support is phenomenal and you cannot beat the price.

Puntos en contra

There really aren't any cons...maybe some information on how to customize it a bit more to match branding standards...or a way to do so...but I imagine this would drive the cost up. I would prefer to keep pricing the same to be honest.

Garry T.
Sector: Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro
Tamaño de la empresa: 2-10 empleados
Traducir con Google

Guidebook is Making Our Printed Program Obsolete!

Revisado el 19/5/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

We are printing fewer program books for our conference and I expect we will ultimately stop printing them altogether. That saves us money.

Puntos a favor

Guidebook gives our conference attendees a complete program in their pocket (on their phone). I like being able to upload the schedule, exhibitor information, etc. from Excel.

Puntos en contra

There are a few things I'm still figuring out, such as uploading bulk photos. It's not that the software doesn't do it, but at least for me, the learning curve is a bit steep.

Traducir con Google

Good product, very intuitive and comes with a great customer support team

Software usado Mensualmente durante Más de un año
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Ease of use and a consistent product we feel good about promoting to our attendees.

Puntos a favor

The guides we create are very easy to build and navigate. Most menus and items can be customized and the website's support FAQs and step-by-step instructions are incredibly helpful. If an answer can't be found there, I've always gotten quick answers from the support team that address what I need.

Puntos en contra

The only reason I'm not rating this 5 stars is because there's no lead tracker availability. At our conferences, we have exhibitors that would like to follow up with attendees more directly than just saying "do you have a business card?".
Further, we would like to track actual attendance at sessions by having a QR code printed on badges and someone at the door to scan as people arrive. As much as we encourage our attendees, we know not everyone will download the app and check-in to sessions, so that doesn't give us the most reliable data.

Jackie A.
Sector: Servicios para el consumidor
Traducir con Google

Guidebook is Awesome for Non Tech People!

Revisado el 4/5/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

We have used Guidebook for 2 years for our annual Convention. It was easy to set up and this year (2nd year using) we simply kept the sections we liked, edited out the ones we didn't use and added in some new features. Our attendees love that we stayed with the same app year over year. Will use them again!

Puntos a favor

This application was so simple to set up and use. No "programming" type functions required of me. Their Customer Service Folks walked us right through the set up and any questions we had afterwards! But most of all, our "end users" LOVED the app.

Puntos en contra

A bit pricey, but, worth it! We paid for 2 years at a time to get a discount.

Kelsey H.
Tamaño de la empresa: 5001-10,000 empleados
Traducir con Google

Great as a conference attendee; okay as an event organizer

Software usado Otro durante 6-12 meses
Revisado el 4/12/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Overall, I've had a positive experience with Guidebook. It has the capability to be an incredibly useful tool!

Puntos a favor

I loved using this as a conference attendee. It was great to have the entire conference schedule on my phone with the ability to add my personal sessions, view a map of where the session rooms were located, and review each individual session.

Puntos en contra

We used this at our University for an Open House event we held, and it was not as easy to set up for our guests as I would have assumed. Since our Open House utilized all of campus rather than one building, getting the map feature to function effectively was difficult. When I had questions during set up, I was directed to view online help tutorials, which were not always that helpful.

Margo L.
Traducir con Google

Guidebook is wonderful, we use it each year for an annual conference!

Puntos a favor

It's very easy to use, everything is well laid out. It's visually appealing and I can always find what I need. Customer support has been wonderful and they are always helpful!

Puntos en contra

I guess the only thing that I would say I like the least is the cost for upgrades - we would really like to use the "tracks" for our conference, but it is really the only benefit to the upgrade for us so we have chosen not to do it.

Kathleen F.
Sector: Transporte/transporte en camión/ferrocarril
Traducir con Google

Easy to use, great product!

Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

This software made my company look more professional during our events, which made me look good!

Puntos a favor

For the infrequent, smaller user, it is wonderful that we can use the product for free. It is so easy to use and well received by those who have access to our Guidebook. Thank you so much for a great product!

Puntos en contra

The only con I have is that I wish there was a subscription between the free option and the next level.

Lynda D.

Education Conference Tool

Revisado el 6/5/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Guidebook was an important cornerstone to our conference planning and implementation.

Puntos a favor

Guidebook helped us organize all of our conference and session logistics in a way that college students loved to engage with. As the guide designer, I found the tool so easy to use.

Puntos en contra

The guidebook download takes up a little bit of space on student's phones, which a few complained about.

Sector: Software informático

Great Way to Build an App for an Event

Software usado Mensualmente durante Más de un año
Revisado el 20/3/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

We needed the ability to build an app for a large conference that attendees could use to build their agenda and that we could use to communicate in real time. Guidebook gave us that power, even though we didn't have tech/coding experience or knowledge.

Puntos a favor

I like how easy and user-friendly it is. I do not have coding experience myself, but I'm able to use Guidebook to create an app for a large conference. Many people on my team can be admins, and we can all edit, add photos, insert descriptions, and make sure everything looks great. The end result looks awesome on mobile devices and takes our conference to the next level. I also love the metrics, which help us know where to put our efforts/improvements.

Puntos en contra

We use this every year, and when I log on it always defaults to first app rather than the most recent one. This isn't a huge deal, but it is annoying.

Jenni K.
Sector: Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro
Tamaño de la empresa: 13-50 empleados

Great, User Friendly (Developer and User) Product

Revisado el 20/5/2019

Puntos a favor

Guidebook is incredibly intuitive and easy to use. It provides a professional, functional and user-friendly app for those who are just beginning to offer an app, or those with more sophisticated app needs. It's user-friendly for those developing the app and those using it!

Puntos en contra

I wish Guidebook included an option for lead retrieval.

William G.
Sector: Servicios para instalaciones

New user Guidebook experience

Software usado Otro durante 6-12 meses
Revisado el 1/5/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Overall, for an entry level guide admin, I thought the experience was simple and easy. Customer support was also helpful and reached out during the process for questions without first being contacted by the user.

Puntos a favor

The GUI was very user friendly. I started designing a page without any experience and didn't have any complications.
Simple to edit and publish pages/updates.
We could plug in a lot of information without yet publishing the guide.
It was also very easy to send out our guide (by text link) during our registration.

Puntos en contra

In the past have had difficulty searching for guides, Though this seems to have improved.