Teachworks

Teachworks

Online business management for educators, tutors & trainers

4.5/5 (37 opiniones)
Jonah C.
Traducir con Google

Couldn't imagine life without Teachworks!

Revisado el 26/10/2016
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Teachworks is an integral part of our operations. It is highly intuitive and easy to use, prevents errors in accounting, and offers a high level of transparency in billing and payments to both our students and teachers. Best of all, it saves huge amounts of time. Tasks that took a full two days of work pre-Teachworks now take under an hour, reminder emails we used to send manually are now automated, and payments are collected faster with easy card payments right from the invoice. The add-ons are fantastic and very useful. The support is great, and the developers are constantly at work - it's amazing to see how the features keep improving! The only thing left to desire is more direct integrations with other apps and services, but we get around this easily by using the excel spreadsheet data exports, which we can import into our other business apps as needed. We've been using Teachworks for two years now, and can't imagine doing it any other way.

- ease of use
- lesson cost/wage tracking
- email automation
- invoice creation
- employee wage statement creation
- reports

Puntos en contra

- no integration with google apps
- no integration with zapier
- invoice automation isn't customizable enough to be useful for us
- custom forms are not customizable enough to be useful for us

Hi Jonah,

Thank you for your review! We will continue to work hard to enhance the features and integrations!

Yarin K.
Traducir con Google

Drastically simplified our day to day operations, constantly expanding and actively maintained

Revisado el 7/9/2017

great platform!

Puntos a favor

Includes almost all of the basic functionality that an tutoring organization needs. The core functions that cover billing and scheduling are robust, flexible and reliable. The site is reliable, performs well on any device and is intuitive. Features and integrations are expanding, great platform!

Puntos en contra

Lack of custom API integration prevents us from building on top of this platform. We want the ability to leverage APIs to push/pull client and staff data.
Lead generation/management is lacking and really needs to be managed outside of this platform.
No integration with social media.
Ability to blast SMS to select tutors for client matching while managing responses. Chat bot type functionality would be awesome!
Integration with e-signing platform like signnow would be great. Currently need to manage e-signing contracts separately.

Respuesta de Teachworks

Hi Yarin, thanks for the great review! We¿re happy to hear that Teachworks has simplified your day to day operations.

Our API will be available soon, but we¿ll let you know as soon as it¿s ready. Your SMS suggestion will be a good addition to our existing SMS features and we¿ll definitely consider it for a future update.

Erika D.
Traducir con Google

Great CRM for small business!

Revisado el 31/12/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

It's a great CRM for the price but don't expect a lot of help. They do however update the software from time to time and they send an email describing the new updo.

Puntos a favor

Teachworks is a great CRM because it is easy to use and it is affordable. Teachworks is a great choice for small business because of this.

Puntos en contra

The only issue we have had with Teachworks is trying to integrate a store with to allow customers to gather their information and schedule multiple sessions when purchasing packages from our website.

Respuesta de Teachworks

Hi Erika, thanks for the great review, we really appreciate it!

We're always here to help, so if you have any questions please email our support team or use the widget in your account to submit a message. You can typically expect a reply within 2 hours on Weekdays (9am - 8pm Eastern Time). We also offer support over the weekend :)

We add new features regularly and you can find more information about them in our Change Log. You can find our Change Log in your account by going to Account & Settings > Change Log.

Thanks again for the great review!

Rami S.
Sector: Música

Doesn’t work

Revisado el 4/2/2020
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Last 4 years have been fine up until the last 4 months, full calendar doesn’t work which is the one I regularly used. I can’t view names, can’t view the whole day, and frankly sick and tired of following up on their issue and still having nothing done

Puntos a favor

I liked it when it worked properly, now it doesn’t.

Puntos en contra

Having to follow up on fixing their issue for couple of months and still having same problems. Missed out on 3 classes because the calendar can’t display times and students properly. No attempt made to fix things on their end when I’ve done everything on my end.

Hi Rami,

Thanks for your review. I'm sorry to hear that you're frustrated.

Based on the messages you've sent previously to our support team we understand that you're referring to the appearance of the calendar. The calendar feature hasn't changed in the past couple years, but it sounds like you've changed the default calendar view from month to week.

Fortunately, it's very easy to change the default calendar view on your profile, so you can go back to enjoying the feature as you've done in the past. I have personally emailed you with the same instructions we've provided previously.

Probabilidad de recomendación: 0.0/10

Jill T.

Overall Positive

Revisado el 27/2/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

It is cost effective and really alleviates organizational issues when scheduling clients.

Puntos a favor

I like that this company provides a feedback / review page; however, I think it's strange they base the priority of each review by votes from customers.

Puntos en contra

The software makes it difficult to fully use it's customer access feature. We use Teachworks for scheduling appointments and it would be nice to allow out clients to login; however, we have not found a way to disable our clients from seeing other client's appointments and that crosses our confidentiality for them.

Respuesta de Teachworks

Thanks for your review, Jill!

Client user accounts only display the client's own lessons and information; however, for non-lesson events when you set the audience to "Everyone" or "Families & Students" those events will be visible on all clients' calendars.

You can contact our support team and we'll be happy to show you how to set up your appointments with the correct audience.

Michael K.
Traducir con Google

Great scheduling and billing software

Revisado el 7/8/2019

Puntos a favor

I like that the software keeps track of invoicing and running balances for clients. It definitely cuts down the leg work of having to go back through person by person and creating invoices.

Puntos en contra

Sometimes we want to see all math tutors that are available so I'd be better when filtering if you could select multiple instructors at once so you don't have to bounce between calendars to find open times.

Respuesta de Teachworks

Hi Michael, thanks for the great review! We're so happy to hear that our invoicing features are useful for your business :)

I would recommend using our Tutor Calendar's "Day" view to see availability for all tutors at once. This calendar displays a list of your tutors on the left with their unavailability greyed out. You can click on an open time slot to quickly add a new lesson.

Itolo E.
Traducir con Google

Can't beat the pricing; features added consistently!

Revisado el 16/2/2018

Puntos a favor

Teachworks has a convenient pricing schedule that fits hanging needs. Features are always being added. Teachworks works well with Stripe for easy online payments and has several website plugins to assist with booking.

Puntos en contra

There are very few user access tiers. I'd like more flexibility with user access control. The formatting can, at times, be clunky and can not be customized.

Hi Itolo,

Thank you for the great review!

We are happy to hear you are enjoying Teachworks and have used it for over 2 years! We are constantly expanding our features and we are glad to hear it helps you and your business.

If you have questions regarding user accounts, please do not hesitate to contact us [email protected]

Christian P.
Traducir con Google

Makes running my business so easy

Software usado A diario durante 6-12 meses
Revisado el 27/10/2016
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

TeachWorks makes it so much easier to manage all of my tutors and students. I dread the thought of having to run the business without it. Having easy access to all student and tutor details, the calendar and invoice system, and the rapidly growing list of integrations makes the experience much smoother.

Puntos a favor

PrObably the scheduling system as a whole. It makes it very easy to track students, lessons, tutor pay and invoicing, and it is very natural and intuitive. My new tutors learn the software quickly and easily, yet it is still robust enough to deal with all of the customisation you could need.

Puntos en contra

The integrations list is growing, but still causes difficulty for me. The mailchimp integration was a welcome addition, but many email systems are still not able to be accessed (I use ConverTKit)

Hi Christian,

Thank you for your review! We are glad you are enjoying Teachworks.

We will continue to work hard to grow the list of integrations and add-ons.

Kristin D.
Traducir con Google

I am so very pleased with this service. It has helped me to manage my tutoring business with ease.

Revisado el 17/7/2017

Puntos a favor

It's easy to navigate, easy to have both my clients and tutors use it with little problems. Their customer support is fast, courteous and they always solve the problem. They are constantly updating and adapting it to fit my needs. It is seriously what keeps my business going!

Respuesta de Teachworks

Hi Kristin, thanks for the fantastic review! We are committed to providing our clients with great customer service. Please continue to reach out if you have any questions or feature suggestions to further improve the Teachworks experience!

Richard A.
Traducir con Google

We have had a great experience so far after switching to Teachworks

Revisado el 26/7/2017
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

It has made the administration and day-to-day running of my company effective and more efficient

Puntos a favor

Great interface and easy use.
Automation functionalities makes our business more efficient and clients happy.

None......this just a suggestion
Teachworks should work on providing video tutorials on how to use the software. This is will make it easier and faster to train our tutors on the different functionalities.

Respuesta de Teachworks

Thanks for the great review and feedback Richard! We're always trying to add new features that will help our clients work more efficiently. We're actually working on some tutorial videos at the moment and they should be available soon!

Mike B.

Good quality

Revisado el 24/10/2016
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

I enjoy Teachworks and find it very useful. I love the scheduling functionality, the main calendar view is really good, and the ability send reminders to parents and students BOTH is really helpful.

1 - Scheduling for individual and groups,
2 - Calendar view for the "main" view is terrific, including the sort functionality
3 - Reporting is very strong

1 - Teacher calendar view needs some work on it viewing it lacking
2 - Their support feels limited because it is only via email.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your review.

We are glad you are finding Teachworks very useful.

I have added your suggestion regarding the teacher calendar to our Feature Suggestions Forum. This will help us prioritize the enhancements to this feature.

If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to contact me directly at [email protected]

Daniel M.

Teachworks is Very Useful

Revisado el 29/10/2016
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

The three aspects which we like about Teachworks the most is that it is can cope with scheduling changes, it has a powerful invoice system, and that it is easy to use.

Puntos a favor

Flexibility to make scheduling changes; powerful invoicing system; ease of use.

Puntos en contra

Sometimes slow to update system during busy times; the colour of the column indicating today's schedule is too similar to white, and is not obvious enough.

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your review and feedback.

I would be more than happy to show you a few ways in which you can make changes/updates more efficiently. Could you please message me directly at [email protected]

In regards to the colour of the column that indicates today's date, we haven't received this suggestion before, but it would be something easy to change to your preference.

Meghan M.

Review from The English Island

Revisado el 1/11/2016
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

I like Teachworks. It is simple to use. One thing I would like is to have a specific section to enter grades. I would also like to be able to look back on the details of a past lesson even if it is locked. I do like the notes section under each student's name because I can enter lesson details there, and they can be of use to other teachers or myself if I need to review what I have done. The calendar is a nice feature because I can really organize my schedule.

*calendar
*notes section under each student/lesson

Puntos en contra

*not being able to enter grades in a specific place

Hi Meghan,

Thank you for your review! We are glad you are enjoying the features.

Teachworks does have a section to enter grades in the student profile. You are also able to still see the details of past lessons after the calendar is locked. I will message you directly with instructions on how to achieve this.

Tanya H.
Traducir con Google

It has helped organize our teaching team and the customer support is excellent.

Revisado el 29/12/2017
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Ease of organization of schedules, checking teacher availability, and sending invoices to our clients.

Puntos a favor

I like how it has cut down our time on creating invoices by using attendance information on our calendars.

Puntos en contra

It doesn't have a way to easily integrate with our website to take payments when students register through the link.

Respuesta de Teachworks

Hi Tanya, thanks for the review! We¿re really happy to hear that Teachworks helps you to streamline invoicing and save more time! Your feedback helps us to improve the Teachworks experience, so please continue to let us know if you have any new feature ideas.

Tanya H.

Help Streamline Your Language School Operations

Revisado el 24/10/2016
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

I wanted a service that would not only keep track of students' information, but also keep track of attendance and send invoices. It does all that and more. I am hoping that invoicing will become easier. It may be a user problem more than a software issue. I'm still trying to figure out some things. The online help has been very quick to respond. I wish I could see in graphic form what percentage of my business comes from the different services, but I can't see it in my version. I wish I were able to send flyers and other attachments from Teachworks. At times, I still have to use my email. Again, it may be a user issue rather than an issue with the program. I like it overall, but I wish it were a tad more intuitive/user-friendly. I like that I am able to personalize the invoices with my own logo.

Puntos a favor

It keeps all student info, correspondence, and invoices in one place. I feel more organized already.

Puntos en contra

Sometimes unexpected numbers appear in fields and I'm not sure how they got there. Fortunately, they are easy to change.

Hi Tanya,

Thank you for your review.

Most of the features mentioned such as invoicing, and percentage reports are available within Teachworks.

I would love to personally help you get familiar with these features, so you can take full advantage of the software. You can contact me directly at [email protected]

Michele G.

Overall Experience

Software usado A diario durante 6-12 meses
Revisado el 28/10/2016
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

The overall experience is good. I think that the main weakness is that many new good features suggested from the user are ignored, or, added after a long time.
The fact that only if many users are interested in a feature, doesn't mean all the others are useless.

Puntos a favor

many addons features - easy to use.

Puntos en contra

new features adding system.

Hi Michele,

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions.

We constantly add features based on feedback from our customers. You can check all the features added through our Change Log (It can be accessed by clicking on Account & Settings > Change Log).

Even though the feature suggestions forum helps us prioritize the addition of new features based on demand, sometimes depending on the complexity of the feature, we add features that would only benefit a few companies.

If there are any specific features you require, message me directly at [email protected] so we can look into a solution for you.

Daniel M.
Traducir con Google

We've been using Teachworks for almost 2 years now. It's been a helpful tool.

Revisado el 28/7/2017

It makes my job easier

Puntos a favor

Easy to use and understand, clear schedule, it provides almost all the functions we need, we like how we can view the schedule for each individual

Puntos en contra

sometimes there're errors when creating invoice and we couldn't figure out how to solve it until we deleted that certain schedule and re-added it again.

Respuesta de Teachworks

Hi Daniel, thanks for your review! We're happy to hear that you like our scheduling features and find Teachworks easy to use. The Invoice Autopilot generates invoices based on the schedule and invoice settings that you've selected. There are quite a few variables for customizing the schedule and invoices which can be confusing, so if you ever need help with this let us know.

Erika E.
Traducir con Google

Easy to use program for small business

Revisado el 14/12/2017

Puntos a favor

This software is fairly intuitive and easy to use. The software has improved over the years adding more user functions.

Puntos en contra

The software can be a little buggy at times. Although it is user friendly, more features could be added to make the software even better.

Respuesta de Teachworks

Hi Erika, thanks for taking the time to submit a review. We add new features based on the feedback we get from our clients, so if you have any ideas that would improve the Teachworks experience, please let us know!

Dmitri D.
Tamaño de la empresa: 201-500 empleados
Traducir con Google

These guys have saved me so much money in building a tutoring agency. Thank you!

Revisado el 22/6/2017
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

I saved a lot of money. Simple as that.

Puntos a favor

Inexpensive, many features, quick support. I LOVE THAT THEY LISTEN TO FEEDBACK AND DEVELOP FEATURES.

Respuesta de Teachworks

Thanks for the great review Dmitri! We're always trying to add features that will make our customers' businesses more successful.

Leomar E.
Traducir con Google

Quick and easy work with the least resource

Revisado el 20/4/2018

Puntos a favor

It helps us with billing, payroll, monitoring teachers, and keeping clients updated.I've explored multiple other options out there but Teachworks is by far superior in terms of an intuitive and easy to use system, excellent customer service (email only but it doesn't matter if they're responsive and helpful), and client first focused mindset.The support is great, and the developers are constantly at work - it's amazing to see how the features keep improving!

Puntos en contra

invoice automation isn't customizable enough to be useful for us and invoice automation isn't customizable enough to be useful for us

Hi Leomar!
Thank you for the great review!
So happy to hear you are loving the features, the support and the updates :).

We are always working on improvements. Please feel free to send your feedback to [email protected] and I can personally look into helping you find a way to be able to use the invoice autopilot. :)

Dmitri D.
Tamaño de la empresa: 201-500 empleados

Thank you so much guys!

Revisado el 5/11/2016
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

These guys have saved me so much money in building a tutoring agency from $100. Thank you TW - you guys rock. Quick support and willingness to help.

Puntos a favor

Inexpensive, many features, quick support.

Puntos en contra

None that I know of at this stage that are major.

Hi Dmitri,

Thank you for the review!

We appreciate having you as a Teachworks customer and we will continue to work hard to implement features that help you grow your business further!

Alex A.
Traducir con Google

My experience has been great so far.

Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses
Revisado el 21/9/2017
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

There are many to list. But mostly when you have many tutors and students this system saves you a lot of time in terms of managing a tutoring company.

Puntos a favor

It's easy to use, it manages a lot of aspects for a tutoring company, the support is top notch. I personally have been getting support by Louise. She provides the best customer service support I have ever encountered. My questions are always answered promptly with no delay and I have sent Louise endless emails with questions. We used their other system TutorPanel which was also great but Teachworks is better suited for companies that are bit bigger and it offers more features.

Puntos en contra

I believe some more features can be implemented but if you suggest it to them they will work on them.

Respuesta de Teachworks

Hi Alex, thanks for the great review. Our team is always here to help and we're always looking for ways to improve Teachworks, so keep the questions and feature suggestions coming!

Bryan H.

Keeping in line

Revisado el 14/10/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

My overall experience was great. The support you get helps you find a fix to the issue real quick.

Puntos a favor

Using Teachworks has really helped us as teacher with our tutoring schedule. The data sharing has really helped us as educators because you can ask and rely messages to each if we have questions. It has made life easier for us and it has allowed us to take on my students to the point where we started a small tutoring business on the side.

Puntos en contra

The only thing negative I can say is that I had two issues that can up but the support was staff there to help me solve it real quick.

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for your great review! We are happy to hear that you are finding Teachworks' scheduling features so useful. We are always happy to answer any questions you have about the software, so please reach out if you need any more help.

Lucas M.

Tutoring Company in Brazil

Revisado el 20/10/2016
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

TeachWorks is at the center of what we do administratively. It helps us with billing, payroll, monitoring teachers, and keeping clients updated. We would be a very different tutoring company without it.

Puntos a favor

It does a lot of things well.

Puntos en contra

A few bugs here and there.

Hi Lucas,

We are glad you are enjoying Teachworks! Thank you for your review!

Meena A.

Review from users end

Revisado el 8/12/2016
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Overall, it's a good system, although there are actually a lot of bugs. I've had major problems with invoicing this term. Direct debit is only sometimes automatic - you have to do it manually for some customers, and for others, it's automatic. There are some things that are a bit fiddly with a lot of going back and forth. It syncs with Quickbooks, which is good, but not everything - this requires a lot of manual process. Invoices frequently have bugs, and requires a lot of fiddly manual adjustments if there are lesson changes - it's not all automatic. Calendar changes aren't always updated automatically either. There's a lot of backwards and forwards. It's the best student/teacher management software I've come across for a tuition business, but to be honest, it's not perfect - still a long way to go. They don't do updates frequently enough - improvements are not very frequent. Basic functions like freezing panes for easy view of calendar is not available and the scrolling functions don't carry the subheadings so you don't know to which it's referring to. I've used this for about 6 months and it's ok for the time being.

Respuesta de Teachworks

Hi Meena, We're sorry to hear about the difficulty you're having getting started with your account. Teachworks has a lot of features and customizable settings, and it sounds like you may need some help with using some of them. We encourage you to get in touch with our customer support team whenever you're having difficulty configuring any of our features.

I'll touch on a couple of your comments:

1. Teachworks doesn't have direct debit, but it does allow you to save client credit cards and charge those - so you have to save a credit card to a client's profile in order to charge it.

2. Invoices with lessons that have been changed on the calendar are flagged, and you can follow the prompts to update the invoice.

3. Calendar updates are available as soon as any lesson is changed - you just need to refresh the calendar.

4. We typically add new features & improvements every week which you can view in your account and on our blog.