106 opiniones

Mattermost

Mensajería de código abierto para el lugar de trabajo, en la web, PC y teléfonos

4.4 /5 (106 opiniones) ¡Escribe una reseña!

• Funciones
Un ha recomendado esta aplicación
106 opiniones
Tim E.
  • Sector: Edición

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Great user acceptance and ease of use

Revisado el 9/1/2018

Puntos a favor

The interface is pretty much self-explanatory. This is why the user acceptance is quite good. Customizing the interface is straight forward and can be done at user level.
The open source cummunity around Mattermost is really nice and welcoming.
Apps for every operating systems are available and easy to use once manually set up.
Scalability was never a problem with 1000+ users.

Puntos en contra

Setting up integrations is more complex than with Slack, where integrations can be installed with one click in the backend. There is an app directory, but the apps need to be set up manually. Once set up, they just work. Incoming webhooks are the only exception; they work out of the box.
Mobile perfomance is gradually getting better, but it's not yet up to Slack's par.
The Windows-app is not yet ready for big scale rollouts via group policies.

• Tamaño de la empresa: 201-500 empleados

Mattermost: Self-Hosted Superior Alternative To Slack

Revisado el 5/12/2019

Mattermost allows us to quickly keep connected to our colleagues across the world. It allows people to form groups and chat easily to many different teams, all within the same desktop app, web app, or mobile app.

Puntos a favor

This software is very easy to install and supports a simple Docker install, which makes it easy to keep up to date and secure. There are multiple examples on installing and running Mattermost in different cloud hosting environments, and the user community is also very helpful.
Running the software locally means you can keep a much better eye on its security and usage.
Its user management and directory integration is superior to Slack's.
The desktop and mobile clients are fast and easy to install/configure/maintain.

Puntos en contra

There's not much that I dislike about Mattermost. Its open source nature may put some people off, but paid support and enterprise licensing solve that issue immediately.

Jon C.

Almost really good.

Revisado el 19/12/2017

Slack with AD integration at half the cost. But I still wish I could afford Slack.

Puntos a favor

Slack integrations just work on Mattermost. The theme choices are very nice. The ability to host my own on-premises server is very nice. Technical support staff is very knowledgeable and competent. I'm not made to feel like an idiot if there is some specialized knowledge that I don't have.

Puntos en contra

The Android client is extremely buggy and fairly slow still. Selecting a push notice to open Mattermost to view and respond in the thread does not always open the right thread and is always slow (even on LAN, with the latest gen of Android phone!)). The client MUST be snappy and it just.. isn't.

The Windows client becomes slower and slower the longer you have it open, so it must be restarted every day or two. It's a little buggy; sometimes new messages make your view scroll up instead of down. But it works well enough most of the time.

Ana V.
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 5,001-10,000 empleados
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante 6-12 meses

Good collaborative tool

Revisado el 10/2/2021

It is good collaborative tool as alternative to slack.

Puntos a favor

I like how easy is to use and allows different "rooms" for collaboration for teams. It is a great tool for fast daily communication.

Puntos en contra

Not much that I didn't like but I have been using for so long different products so habbit of using and switching to it was a tricky part. Maybe lack of 3ed party connection to tools.

Sergio O.
  • Sector: Comercio y desarrollo internacional
  • Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses

Best alternative to SLACK

Revisado el 27/5/2020

I really liked the platform. My team found it easy to learn how to use it. Now we are replacing email communications with Mattermost.

Puntos a favor

It's free, it's open source, it has very easy to follow documentation. It's safe and secure. It works smooth.

Puntos en contra

It could have sub-channels and addittional options to configure. Could give native option for audio sending.

Nana T.
  • Sector: Transporte/transporte en camión/ferrocarril

communicate within the organization

Revisado el 17/6/2020

overall it simplifies ma daily activities. and it seems it's useful for me.

Puntos a favor

i like that i can reach easily all employees and communicate with them. i like numerous of stickers and smiles and ability to make group chats.

Puntos en contra

it isn't easy to use. when i receive message sometimes i miss notifications. when i click pop up window it doesn't begin conversation, i have to find message in contact list. this is inconvenience.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

Slack substitute with similar features

Revisado el 4/2/2021

I don't know about the overall cost, but I assume it costs less than Slack. Given that, it's not a bad alternative. I think it's main issues aren't so much limitations in functionality as just having a less user-friendly UI overall.

Puntos a favor

honestly, the most use we get out of this product is having fun with the wide range of emojis you can add to posts as reactions

Puntos en contra

There's something slightly less intuitive about the UI than similar competitors (i.e., Slack). Sometimes the search function in particular is confusing and could definitely be improved.

Valerian L.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

not so bad to connect employees

Revisado el 13/7/2020

Of course it saves my time. I can just send sms to colleagues instead of going to them.

Puntos a favor

It's easy to use. It helps me to communicate with friends and colleagues. It saves my time. Overall it is a good software.

Puntos en contra

When i receive sms i see pop-up window, but when i click on it, it returns to home page. and i have to search sms from contact list.

• Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses

Good free self-hosted Slack alternative

Revisado el 9/2/2021

We started to use Mattermost on quarantine, a very secure and convenient tool, especially in new WFH reality.

Puntos a favor

What I like the most about this collaboration software is the simple and logical UI, which is not overloaded with lots of unnecessary features. It has all we need for successful communication. Also, it's very easy to deploy and integrate. Ensures really secure collaboration.

Puntos en contra

Great tool overall, perfectly performs its functions, didn't face any issues or drawbacks. Highly recommend.

• Sector: Internet

• Probabilidad de recomendación 6.0 /10

A tool to consider!

Revisado el 4/8/2020

Puntos a favor

- Mattermost is intuitive to use and easy to implement in your company
- It has a good amount of integrations

Puntos en contra

- Not as many options for building bots, automations and intgrations as competitors
- Mobile app only "okay"
- Most other organizations are on Slack, so if using a tool across companies is an important use case, Slack is the better option

Adam W.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Switched to Mattermost after using Slack extensively, but got sick of the 10000 message limit

Revisado el 19/12/2017

A platform to discuss issues and feature ideas around our open source project, without cluttering up the threads on github. A great way to stay in touch with devs from all around the world.

Puntos a favor

That we can host it ourselves, for one. We used to use the free tier of slack, but quickly discovered that the message limit was causing issues when we needed to recall conversations had in the past. It's been relatively hassle-free in getting it set up, and the whole team love it! One or two of us (myself included) were inspired to brush up on some of our coding skills when we discovered it didn't quite have the integrations that slack did, and as such have learned a lot about how Mattermost is put together, and how to create bots to get the information we need via webhooks. The Mattermost developers and community at large have been very helpful in answering questions when we've come up against issues, and I have even got a couple of my integrations featured on the integrations page of their website!

Puntos en contra

Really, not a whole lot. Ideally I would like to be able to sign into multiple slack servers from the mobile app (though, the native app has really come along in leaps and bounds recently). The only thing I miss from the Slack days is a sidebar/widget that tells you the local times of the other users (handy when working with folk from overseas!), though we have recently developed our own slash command to return this information, it would be nice if it was built in to the server. I should probably feed this back to the devs.... ;)

Viorel-cosmin M.

Our day with Mattermost

Revisado el 19/4/2019

We solve the need to have a Support/Chat/Client support software, with this we have it all in one.
It helped us keep communications across teams and countries painless.
Integrated with all entire ecosystem from Taiga.io to Gitlab for a better DevOps experience.
Overall every chance we had to contribute we toke it, thats why we decided to fully translate mattermost in Romanian language, do we did.
If you need a centralized devops collaborative platform, give it a try!

Puntos a favor

One executable binary, simple to upgrade and maintain!
Reliable self hosted alternative to other SaaS PaaS options.
Cross-platform applications ready to use.
Amazing open source community built around the product, friendly and helpful people!

Puntos en contra

It requires integration directory to allow users app deployment in mattermost ecosystem with ease.
A bot repository is missing, this can fir next to all others apps and allow users automatic deployments of any apps from the store.
Store idea is not a new concept, and a company that respects themselves should make use of own repository.
Allow users to safely deploy tested and 100% working apps along their Mattermost instance.

Shawn M.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 6.0 /10

Mostly good, but I do feel it is a slightly lesser experience than some proprietary options.

Revisado el 19/12/2017

Control over our hosting and data

Puntos a favor

Open source and self hosted, I don't get irritated if slack goes down and I don't have to worry about my data security or my data just being lost of the company goes belly up. This is far and away our primary reason for using this instead of Slack,Hipchat,Cisco, etc.

It doesn't ask anywhere on this survey, but we use it for about 80 people, 60 staff and then various clients and contractors. We don't use many of the enterprise features, we just pay the licensing to support open source.

Puntos en contra

iOS and Android Apps are pretty idiocy, they're getting a bit better, but they are easily the worst part and I field lots of complaints about them. I would trade all new features and other fixes for faster and more reliable apps. The web interface is much better, but a bit buggy, nothing serious but little lags and quirks persist longer than I would expect.

The install process is also a bit silly, copy pasting files and such, a provided .deb or a custom apt repository would be 100x better and save me upgrade time and downtime. The lack of this is surprising considering almost all other software I use has this, even when it is free or small.

• Sector: Banca
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 10,000+ empleados

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Great for communication and to stay connected.

Revisado el 13/8/2020

It is a great experience just that call options are not possible yet.

Puntos a favor

The best thing about mattermost is it has minimal crashed unlike Skype and here we can create groups and have the groups without the need to create the groups again and again. Also personal chats are possible. Anybody can join a group with an invitation. this is very useful in cases like a organization has a support group and all employees added to that group and communication is reachable to all the members. There is no limit for members in the group. A member can leave or join the group as required. Groups can be made private or public.

Puntos en contra

The only concern is mattermost doesn't have calling option.. this is the only drawback. Would be great if calling is enabled.

• Sector: Marketing y publicidad

Make the Most of Mattermost

Revisado el 28/12/2018

Between communications platforms, voice calls, emails, and texting, there are numerous ways to communicate with colleagues. My company decided to use Mattermost because it helps us avoid clogging up email when we have quick questions to ask or non-essential company-wide messages to send.

Puntos a favor

My company has over 200 employees ranging multiple departments (from editorial to strategy to support) and offices. Mattermost helps us stay connected in a quick and efficient way because we can easily connect and disconnect from channels according to our business or personal needs. For example, I am part of a group that connects members of my immediate editorial team and other groups that connect my larger team, my support resources, and strategy team members. It helps me stay organized in my communications, and it's much easier than using email or texting to communicate quickly with people on a daily basis.

Puntos en contra

Because my company is relatively large, we have dozens of channels on Mattermost. I sometimes find it difficult to find specific channels that I'm not already a part of, especially if I don't know the precise name of the channel or group. This sometimes ends up being a hindrance to what is typically quick and efficient communication. Nevertheless, I enjoy using Mattermost and would recommend it to other businesses.

Tobias F.
  • Sector: Maquinaria

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Very intuitive and solid software which is perfect for running a slack replacement on premise.

Revisado el 19/12/2017

A super and ready to use Slack alternative.

* The replacement of slack
* Mattermost has almost the same features as Slack
* You can host and run your own instance on your own server (For companies which hate clouds) :)
* You have a good overview of logs and you can see what goes around
* The statistics gives a good point when a dev team is productive
* You can easily create unlimited integrations which some internal stuff

Puntos en contra

* The lack of integrations (Slack is here over the top)
* The incoming hook limitation of maximum content length is the hell (Mattermost don't inform the customer about a message which was higher above the hard coded message size limit)
* UX in Slack is a little bit better (Slack is massively using websockets and eventstreams to fetch the actual team messages) -> You see always whats going on
* A 'Unread' channel (like in slack) would be a pleasure ;)
* A step by step guide for creating an integration would not bad for not advanced users

Sarah L.

Great Application for Internal Messaging

Revisado el 5/3/2019

Mattermost is fantastic for internal messaging for an office looking to communicate between departments discreetly. The web app is flawless, and the mobile app is useful with some glitches, i.e. force quitting, delayed responses. I would highly recommend Mattermost for those looking for an intuitive instant messaging software suited for professional use.

Puntos a favor

Mattermost is customizable and fairly simple to use. There’s essentially no learning curve as it has all the familiar landmarks of instant messaging. I love the ability to create customer emojis which my office lovingly partakes in. It allows us to work efficiently and quietly, while being able to communicate seamlessly between departments. The interface looks clean, and I can’t think of any glitches to date on the web application version.

Puntos en contra

I would like a better search feature, and perhaps the ability to search by person rather than just chronological. I use both the web app and the mobile app, and the mobile app can occasionally force quit and delays messages now and then.

• Tamaño de la empresa: 501-1,000 empleados

Better than Slack

Revisado el 12/6/2020

Apart from the shortcut breaking the @-mentioning on my AZERTY keyboard, mattermost is a fantastic tool.

Puntos a favor

The ability to add many channels, with/without passwords, as and when needed. Combining multiple servers with separate usersets.

Puntos en contra

Since one of the more recent versions, they've altered a couple of shortcuts. One of these means I can no longer type an @-sign, making mentioning people rather difficult.

Mattermost

Revisado el 26/2/2020

Very good. Prefer it to slack as it can be self hosted

Puntos a favor

Self Hosted, easy to use and implement on our own servers.

Puntos en contra

Needs Manual intervention to clean up old files

Imedo G.

it was improvement

Revisado el 12/6/2020

overall despite it being hard to install manually on smartphones it is way better than our past solution.

Puntos a favor

we had to change from past solution to mattermost, it was huge jump. mainly it's chatting way between company so its mainly informal and matter mostly offers modern chat features, custom emoji emoji etc.

Puntos en contra

getting mobile app and making it running is little bit hard because you need to know your chat server and its little bit hard for most people.

Anjali G.

• Asistencia al cliente

User friendly Software, like it.

Revisado el 28/6/2018

Puntos a favor

I am using this software from last 1year and the experience is amazing.
This software provides great features and it is so user friendly. You get used to it very soon and you will definitely like it.
The channels, individual notifications and maintaining the history of messages and not losing them 2weeks upfront like other communcation channels differs it from other softwares.
Chat options, the emojis all the perfect.
The integrations with 3rd party tools is also so easy and smooth. We used this as major communication channel between offshore and onshore team and we have teamcity integrations for build success/failure messages.
It integrated so well.

Puntos en contra

Personally i like it, i don't find any issue with this software. It is just few softwares more overrated and people prefer those. But believe me this one is if you get used to it will never let you switch to some other communication channel.

Sherrie S.
  • Sector: Comercio minorista
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 10,000+ empleados

Communication for the masses

Revisado el 11/10/2019

Mattermost is a great software to use with the virtual employee situation which allows the sharing of ideas, answers to customer facing issues, and the ability to communicate privately with leadership and/ or teammates. The chat is instantaneous, which allows for faster responses than emails.

Puntos a favor

Interactive media that allows instant communication with teammates and leadership, whether it was a question or just sharing of daily life.

The ability to host channels that was based on teams, programs, and specified topics. All individuals were able to have private groups to chat with friends, co workers, or teams.

Puntos en contra

The scroll in chats often moved so very quickly that questions and responses were missed.

Inability to customize responses such as color, fonts, etc.

Athanasios K.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Mattermost is the every day reliable work mule that powers our team's direct communication...

Revisado el 20/12/2017

Puntos a favor

It is an easy to use, open-source and free messenger, which can be setup either on-premises or hosted on a cloud platform, while also being docker friendly. Community extensions and plugins, as well as optional commercial enterprise-level support, provide infinite extensibility and flexibility options.

Puntos en contra

A few more service integrations, like audio/video conferencing, contacts/calendar sharing, attachments managing, better in-chat previews would be positive moves, although these features are getting improved version by version.

Scott B.
  • Tamaño de la empresa: Trabajador autónomo

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Team communication on a budget.

Revisado el 18/1/2020

Mattermost allows the team to communicate and maintain control of our data. It does take some time to setup and maintain, but it is worth it for attractive UI and options it gives you.

Puntos a favor

The cost. The fact it is free is what got my attention.

After that I found out I could self-host it, which made it even more useful. I can use Mattermost for my team(s) and still control my data. The interface is attractive. You can use a Mattermost app or you can use the web interface.

Puntos en contra

The install and maintenance is on me. You need to have enough time for the install and maintaining the server for the system. If you don't have the time, this is probably not the best option for you.

Julian jacques M.

A self-hosted alternative to Slack and Teams

Revisado el 9/9/2019

Puntos a favor

One of the most critical aspects of Mattermost: it's self-hosted. Yes, that means additional work for hosting, but it also ensures our internal communication stays internal. We use Mattermost for almost all of our discussion​, and it has dramatically improved our workday.

Puntos en contra

Mobile clients exist, but there are not necessarily​ great. I often use the website instead of the mobile client, because it is quicker and the status of my colleagues is actually shown correctly.