Reseñas de Forecast

Forecast

Team time planning & scheduling solution

4.2/5 (10 reseñas)

A good (almost brilliant) project management SaaS tool

Software usado A diario durante Más de dos años
Revisado el 16/10/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

We use Asana and Forecast to manage time allocation to tasks, and use Forecast to plan out our resource allocation.

Harvest Forecast seem to work well for us when planning work schedules over the next few weeks, but we do not seem to successfully use this for longer term project management. We use Harvest Forecast daily - it has become mission critical to the successful running of our business.
However we resort to spreadsheets (and Asana) to manage longer term forecasts, and for this have marked it down a star. I suspect that this is not the fault of the software per se, but our work flow process from Asana making this just too clumsy.

Still, Harvest Forecast a good, stable, well written piece of software. It is reasonably priced and one of the best methods to properly forecast project-based work.

Puntos a favor

Forecast is easy to use and does the job as a forecast management tool for us. The ease of use should not be underestimated - we have trialed many other project management tools and they were just too hard to set up.

Moreover the integration to our Harvest itself (a time tracker) makes this much more powerful than a classic project management tool.

We use it to manage our software development processes, which has a mix of short 1-2 days tasks and longer multi-month projects.

Forecast and has some neat features: particularly like the quick way of setting up milestones.

Forecast now also allows time planning around weekends so you can accommodate over time and will work in countries where the weekend is not Saturday and Sunday.

Puntos en contra

The integration method to Harvest Forecast is lumpy. You have to manually select which products in Forecast you import, and it is not perfectly linked, so change a name in, say, Asana and you have to manually fill this in.

It is hard to include public holidays.

Traducir con Google

Great tool for tracking and updating team members' schedules.

Software usado A diario durante Más de dos años
Revisado el 8/11/2017

(1) Great UX, low learning curve
(2) Visual representation of team members schedules, their projects, and tasks
(3) Added functionality for when team members are "overbooked" or "under-booked"

Puntos en contra

Less useful for larger projects that require multiple, dedicated team members for a long period of time.

Predict accurately each project

Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses
Revisado el 26/4/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Make precise calculations based on profits and benefits of each project in real time, knowing which of them is the most profitable and how the work team defends itself in each area to know what the strengths and weaknesses are.

Puntos a favor

The main functionality or where the application is focused is the ability that gives you to correctly forecast and schedule each project in composite with workers as a team, but in which it differentiates to others, which allows you to calculate costs based on time spent , this is the main advantage, you can see the benefit at the time of each project, when it is profitable and when it is not, so you can project the profits, know when a project extends more than it should and how this affects the profits of the company.

Puntos en contra

It lacks some tools based on the management of projects at times may be too simple in excess and this will affect you when you reuyeras complete functionalities for management.

Traducir con Google

Forecast is great for project management for timelines/resources -- goodbye static gant charts.

Revisado el 3/7/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

We get an agreed upon view of what is going on -- our management knows the project schedules and our employees know where they will be allocated in the future. That also means we can prevent time collisions for project planning purposes and figure out where we went wrong if timelines are missed.

Puntos a favor

The reporting and planning of project timelines is so simple with forecast. Once you learn where the UI controls are, it is easy to report over timelines and view data. I love that you can zoom in and out between how granular data is. It is really easy to tell what is going with just one glance at the screen.

Puntos en contra

Setting up clients, employees and projects can be cumbersome. Once the entire thing is set up, it is easy to modify or edit -- but getting our things in order to get it all inside of forecast took some time. That combined with slower page load times on the app (when we were using it at least) made it a bear to onboard.

Traducir con Google

Forecast is great lightweight tool for planning project and team capacity.

Revisado el 6/3/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Easy to use capacity planning software for understanding the capacity of my teams!

Puntos a favor

I'm a project manager who has tried MANY different forecasting tools. I was frequently frustrated by forecasting tools that were too exact and cumbersome for agile planning for small teams. Forecast is a great lightweight tool for estimating and understanding capacity of your team in one view.

Puntos en contra

This tool would make my life even easier if it had some type of automated reporting that would give me historical data on my teams capacity and project durations for future planning.

I love it!

Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses
Revisado el 23/3/2018
Fuente de la reseña

Puntos a favor

I've been looking for a tool that helps me plan my availability and capacity in advance for ages and I've recently found this one. It's amazing and does what it says on the tin. It's so intuitive, I didn't even need the how-tos or any other instructions to get started.

Puntos en contra

It needs a web app. It works on mobile but not very well and basically shows you the desktop version. Far too much scrolling.

Traducir con Google

Forecast has made utilization planning for our teams so much simpler!

Software usado Semanalmente durante 1-5 meses
Revisado el 5/12/2017
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

The forecast has allowed us to move our utilization planning out of manually updated spreadsheets and into a tool built for the job. It's been awesome, and the added cost is nominal compared to the value it delivers.

Puntos a favor

Love the integration with Harvest. Being able to sort and filter by different criteria makes it super simple to like at Product teams, functional teams, offices, etc. the visibility we've gained with a Forecast has been a game changer.

Puntos en contra

I wish it were a bit more directly integrated into Harvest (as opposed to living outside as a separate platform. As is, it's easy to accidentally create people, etc that aren't tied to a Harvest entry. Integrating would simplify our toolset as well, giving us one place to go to manage time tracking and team planning.

Traducir con Google

Tool that can help to take the hassle out of team utilisation planning

Revisado el 14/3/2018

Puntos a favor

We use Harvest to track time spent working on clients and so we use Forecast by Harvest as it fully integrates. Being able to filter between teams e.g. client team and product team makes it easy to see how people are spending time and where there are opportunities to re-distribute work.

Puntos en contra

It can be easy to accidentally create people in Forecast that aren't linked to a Harvest entry which means you have to remove the person and start again. This tools pretty basic and doesn't offer much historical reporting on how the team have been performing over time.

Nice planning tool

Software usado Semanalmente durante 1-5 meses
Revisado el 25/11/2018

Puntos a favor

As a fan of Harvest, I find that working with Harvest forecast is just as easy to use. This is a great tool for anyone who doesn't have a forecaster built into their project management software. Great for organizing your and your teams time and planning your upcoming work.

Puntos en contra

I like all aspects of this software including pricing. It would only be better if integrated into a project management software like Monday.

Traducir con Google

Not great for true project management

Software usado Otro durante 1-5 meses
Revisado el 16/10/2017

Puntos a favor

I liked that this was integrated with Harvest when we were using Harvest. It made it super easy to use.

Puntos en contra

I didn't like the in flexibility of this product. I evaluated it for a while when I was using Harvest and it wasn't good for iterative projects or projects where you needed people working on more than one thing at a time.

4.0/10