98 opiniones

Submittable

Software de gestión de envíos online para contenido digital

4.8 /5 (98 opiniones) ¡Escribe una reseña!

• Funciones
Un ha recomendado esta aplicación
98 opiniones
Jeff S.

• Asistencia al cliente

It provides me with all necessary services as a submitter. It provides all I require as an...

Revisado el 6/10/2017

Puntos a favor

Submittable is convenient. As a submitter, it provides efficient mechanisms for making submissions and efficient tracking of those submissions. As an editor, it provides me with notices and updates to allow me to process submissions quickly and efficiently. Submittable is practical. As a submitter, a single page allows me to keep track of active submissions to several publications. As an editor, the features for reaction and response to submitters makes my job much easier. Submittable is uncomplicated, easily used, and easy to understand. As a submitter, these qualities make submissions tracking manageable. Submittable is used widely enough to be familiar to virtually all writers and artists who submit work for publication.

Puntos en contra

Our current package allows only 5 of our team members to have access to submissions. I could wish for more relaxed limits in that regard.

Tanzi K.
  • Sector: Organización cívica y social
  • Software usado Mensualmente durante 1-5 meses

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Great flexibility for building a workflow for grant management

Revisado el 17/3/2021

Puntos a favor

I like the transparency and the ease with which we were able to implement the software into our grant management procedure. The forms are easy to build, I can create a lot of them to cover the gaps for subsequent applicant communication. We were also able to do blind review to eliminate biases and separate groups of reviewers with different sets of questions.

Puntos en contra

1) The number of seats comes expensive. As a charity, we have a pool of scientific volunteers who give back to the community by reviewing grants with us. But with the limited number of seats, we had to narrow down the pool to the bare minimum and restructure the whole review process in order to fit in our tight budgets.
2) There isn't an open API available for us to integrate into our mobile app. There is only a read-only API that we were able to connect to but it gives limited connectivity and doesn't allow us to sync the internal grant management process with external-facing community commitments.

Bernice M.
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 51-200 empleados

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

Good for external reviews.

Revisado el 27/12/2019

I use this whenever I submit poems or manuscripts to publishers. It's really easy to use and it stores your old content which means that you never lose anything. I only use it when I have to. I've never used it for my own reasons. It's always when the publisher/competition requests its use. I have no reason to use it beyond that.

Puntos a favor

You never lose anything because it saves it for you as a PDF.
A full history of everything you have submitted and whether it is processing or whether its been accepted or declined.

Puntos en contra

Limited functionality. I can't really use it for anything personal. Only when I'm submitting work and the publisher/competition prefers this method.
It would be cool if I could save workable, InDesign or Word copies for my own use. If I have to download a PDF then I have to use another software to make the text editable which is always a hassle.

• Sector: Filantropía
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante 6-12 meses

Intuitive software

Revisado el 17/3/2021

From the onboarding team to my account team, I think the service with submittable has been great. It's also easy for the submitter to understand the process as well.

Puntos a favor

This software is easy to understand, easy to deploy, and intuitive for guest users who help us to evaluate the submissions that we receive. From there, it's easy to filter, sort, review and revisit the applicants that have made submissions, and keep track of where they are at each stage of the process.

There are so many functionalities that are useful and I'm certain I'm only using a small portion of all that's available! I highly recommend this software as a solution for tracking submissions!

Puntos en contra

Everything that I've experienced with submittable has been a plus.

Chila W.

• Asistencia al cliente

Submittable has made our publishing experience enjoyable, rather than laborious.

Puntos a favor

Its ease of use makes it a joy to work with: it's a clearinghouse, a reply tool, and an organizational tool all in one.

Puntos en contra

As it has in the past two years, I'm sure it will continue to improve it's functionality in a few of its features. For example, I'd like our readers/editors to be able to receive submissions immediately instead of me having to assign everything, but remain on a blind level, and also not be able to decline the work, just leave notes as they currently can.

Brian S.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

We've used Submittable from the early days of its inception and absolutely love it.

Efficiency

Puntos a favor

The software is intuitive and saves us tons of time. Customer support is always there quickly when we need something or have a question. We literally could not run our journal without it. It allows me to manage a large and complex team and hundreds of submissions at a time in pretty simple form.

Puntos en contra

Trying to view and work with the submission on the iPad is a little more clunky than I would like, but not a show stopper. I mostly use the desktop.

Laura J.

• Asistencia al cliente

I edit a literary journal and we've used it for 3 years now.

Revisado el 7/10/2017

Puntos a favor

It's the standard and most familiar for writers, which was the initial reason I chose it. But what sold me was the truly outstanding customer support. From talking me through the set-up to dealing with submitters who get confused with all technology, with any aspect of using the software, they are prompt, polite, and efficient problem solvers. No other company I deal with in any aspect of my life has customer service this good.

Sarah L.
  • Tamaño de la empresa: Trabajador autónomo

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

The easy way to submit documents

Revisado el 17/6/2020

I've used Submittable to submit manuscripts to literary agents and editors and it's been a very easy and effective process. It's a nice one-stop-shop for my submission materials and nice to be able to check the status of various submissions in the same place. From the first time I used it to the last, it's been a straightforward, easy, experience.

Puntos a favor

It's impossible to format submissions incorrectly because Submittable only accepts the types of docs your recipient wants. It's an easy to use template to uplad the appropriate content and then manage your submission.

Puntos en contra

The only thing that's slightly a downside is that you have to be in Submittable to get all the information about your submission, but that's not really a problem.

Stephanie ani K.
  • Sector: Internet

• Asistencia al cliente

Easy to use submission management system

Puntos a favor

Easy to build custom submission pages and link them on main sites or landing pages. Assignment is also very simple, as is setting up new users.

Puntos en contra

I'd love it if there were the option to pay per added user over the minimum. We're on a grandfathered plan, which is AWESOME, and I very much appreciate the kindness offered to online literary magazines, but to get up to the 10 user plan we would more than double what we're paying.

Lana F.
  • Sector: Investigación
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 1,001-5,000 empleados

Submittable Review

Revisado el 4/8/2020

I've been submitting manuscripts to publishing houses and literary journals through submittable for several years

Puntos a favor

I like that I can view all my submissions together at any time to see if the status of any of them (accepted, rejected, etc) has changed so I don't have to keep track of that myself

Puntos en contra

Some publishers require me to pay a fee to submit work to them, however I know this isn't really an issue with Submittable as the fee comes from the publisher and not Submittable itself (which for many places I've submitted has been free)

Mary jane E.
  • Sector: Filantropía

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Submittable...How do I love you? Let me count the ways!

Revisado el 20/4/2018

Try me another day...I am out the door to a meeting.

Puntos a favor

Making the decision to shift our application process to online, I was concerned that it would meet the needs of the artists and writers applying and also ease transition for a middle to senior aged office team with varying degrees of electronic saavy. Needless to say we continue to remark on an almost daily basis how we LOVE Submittable. Ease of use was foremost and the Submittable staff are always right there with customer support. Any concerns or suggestions were addressed and often appeared as Submittable staff tweaked and updated the software. Likewise input from customers is often solicited. This open process continues to make the software better and better as new features are added and functionality is streamlined. Over the years Submittable continues to be software service and customer oriented. From staff and applicant feedback, I understand that Submittable greets anyone from neophyte to expert electronic guru users with the same degree of respect, patience, expertise and professional service. I especially appreciate the ease in navigating the software features. Ease in accessing and reviewing all areas of our applications, accessing correspondence with applicants and reviewers, sending out requests for character statements automatically, controlling access to all areas of the application and processes as needed have streamlined the time and task of handling actual materials. No more incomplete applications. Electronic deadlines hold fast.

Puntos en contra

Do I miss having USPS delivering stacks of applications for weeks on end around deadlines, when apps just pop up on the list in Submittable? Do I miss the file prep for each application as materials dribbled in little by little and were sometimes incomplete even after the deadline due to weather etc. when that is all tracked by the software? Do I miss handling over and over sections of the application and loosing track when interrupted in the process when a click of a mouse brings me right back? Do I miss being stuck at my desk surrounded by stacks of applications when I now access the applications anywhere there is wifi...even 12 time zones away which is what I did for the last batch of applications? Do I miss being burdened by attempts to streamline or simplify a labor intensive process only to discover all the benefits of using Submittable? Do I realize how staff are freed up to manage more productive tasks in the office than pushing files and paper? Do I realize that the staff team are excited to see applications appearing on their screens, versus groaning when the USPS truck drove into the parking lot? Do I realize how much more economical Submittable is versus staff time and energy factored in with hand processed applications? Do I realize how much more fun it is to problem solve around tailoring the software with Submittable staff to address a need? Do I wish our staff team had transitioned to Submittable sooner? Yes, no regrets we are HUGE Submittable fan

• Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de un año

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Great platform but could work better

Revisado el 14/8/2018

In my opinion, user experience and interface matter. Submittable has a clean look that is welcoming to users. It's not a perfect platform and we've had to work around it. The team is very responsive, however, and seems open to improving their product. If only they could move a bit faster.

Puntos a favor

Submittable is easy to use and intuitive. With drag-and-drop options, creating an application takes minutes. Logic branching also helps when you want to gather more info based on an applicant's response. The file upload features are also very helpful.

Once your application is live, you can track and label applications as they come in. This is helpful since a quick perusal of an application can determine eligibility. One quick label and you can filter it out during the full review process.

The reviewer portal is equally intuitive. With side-by-side views, your reviewers can read and answer questions or rate the application without having to switch screens. You can also set certain application fields (such as name, gender, etc.) to blind so that there is no bias based on these questions.

Overall, Submittable is a great application portal and get your money's worth.

Puntos en contra

Recommendation letter request emails don't get sent out until AFTER the applicant submit their application. This is fine in most cases but you do have to offer a small grace period to recommenders. It would be great if applicants can enter a recommender and hit a button "Request Letter."

The forms can also become rather long if you have a lot of questions. It could affect completion rates.

Finally, just as you are able to remind reference letter writers through the portal, it would be great to be able to remind those with incomplete application about the upcoming deadline. Right now, you can request a list of incomplete applications but you only get name and email addresses. It would be good to see some of the data that the applicants have completed so far.

Donna T.
  • Tamaño de la empresa: Trabajador autónomo

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Submittable makes life easier. As an independent literary organization, we find value in this...

We save time.

Puntos a favor

What we like most about Submittable is that it allows us to manage submissions more efficiently. I'm not a fan of documents and tasks "living in email." Having a robust product like Submittable saves us time in reading and replying, as well as offering a way to capture and analyze submission data. I cannot imagine handling hundreds of submissions at a time via email, especially with a large reading panel. The built-in tools, such as sorting, labels, varying permission levels, templates, etc. allow us to customize it for our needs. I should add that any time we had a question, customer service responded right away, sometimes within minutes. Even over holidays. What did we do before Submittable? Seriously! What. Did. We. Do?

Puntos en contra

There aren't any major cons with Submittable. I'd love some more robust reporting and sorting features and maybe custom permission levels, as there are a few things I'd like to do, but cannot. For example, I'd love to see team member data by specific category, not just by a duration of time. But these are more feature ideas, nothing that I'd consider negative about the existing product. If I had to say one thing, since our reading panel (the ones who use the software) has a varying level of comfort with tech tools that maybe some of the icons could be more intuitive.

Brian P.
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de un año

Reliable and Effecient

Revisado el 20/9/2019

I enjoy my work, and Submittable gives me confidence to stay organized and productive. I will learn to do more with it as I proceed and learn how to utilize what's available that I haven't tried yet (e.g. blind readings, running contests, etc.) The experience has been a very good, and as we grow our journal's submission rate which correlates to our growing readership, Submittable, I believe, will be an excellent tool for me as managing editor and the people who assist me.

Puntos a favor

I am able to manage my submissions quite easily with Submittable. It has many sorting options, and several tools to make reading a large amount of work manageable. Working collaboratively with other editors is possible and efficient because of the filtering functions (such as the use of labels, storing submissions, ordering them by date, alphabetically, etc.) and team management tools (such as the assigning of certain tasks to certain individuals, easy messaging, dissemination of work, etc.) I like the basic look/visuals of Submittable, as it is relatively intuitive to use. Furthermore, when I encountered troubles or had questions, I was given friendly and quick help over the telephone, as well as through their chatlines. Editing our site is also very easy.

Puntos en contra

I don't like that some services are offered to certain levels of subscriptions and not to others. I'd rather have a good, fair price for the use of Submittable's full functions. It's not always clear to me what I have in my subscription, even though not too hard to check, I suppose. Also, to "test" how forms will look to submitters seems a little complicated, but not too bad once going through it. I feel a little "blind" when sending out ACCEPT/DECLINE. Not sure what the solution is, however, and really does not present any real trouble for me.

Donna W.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Not entirely intuitive, but doable for digital immigrants. "Chat" folks are responsive &...

Revisado el 5/10/2017

Ease of receiving submissions, as opposed to the manual email system we had in place. Also the ability to link donations as an option when paying. It's a timesaver in processing submissions that allows us to get right to the content, rather than shuffling emails back and forth to our editors.

Puntos a favor

It works VERY well for receiving, tracking, reviewing literary submissions. So organized. Helps our statewide editorial team stay connected for working and communicating. Tutorial and articles are helpful tools when setting this up.

Puntos en contra

"Up ad running in 15 minutes"? Not likely. Big down side, is that it is EXPENSIVE for non profits, despite the discount. Monthly plans ding you bigtime for signer and submission allotments. We use Premium plan, the next step up is a GIANT leap up in price but also benefits. But we cannot afford that. I would like to see a product for bonafide all-volunteer non-profits with small budgets. Arts organziations are struggling these days.

Paul R.

• Asistencia al cliente

This is everything we could have hoped to help keep our submissions on track and organized.

Revisado el 6/12/2017

The only glitch I've had was when the "status" column was not working, but after contacting your service representatives, the problem was fixed within 24 hours. But that's not really a con, more a pro I guess.

Puntos a favor

As an editor, it keeps the entire process of submissions very organized. The ability to archive and track all the submissions that come through here, along with all the automatic data in graph form that Submittable contributes in regards to either our regular day to day submissions or our annual competition, is everything we want it to be. Not to mention that there are numerous places which one can tuck notes about this or that author whose work is on track to be published by us. In addition, allowing the person whose work we're considering to leave notes for us about their submission should parts of it be accepted elsewhere, is a huge bonus for any editor.

Amy S.
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 51-200 empleados

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

I administer an annual international photo competition for a non-profit conservation...

Revisado el 14/7/2017

Submittable helps me receive and track hundreds of photography submissions from users around the world, and makes collecting payments effortless. The staff is helpful and quick to reply to my queries.

Puntos a favor

Clean interface, flexible ways to sort submissions and tag them, and all actions and communications are logged by the system. Being able to customize the messages for various interactions with submitters is helpful. As our competition expands I expect to use the team functionality more. The Gallery function is an appealing way to display photos and allow the public to vote.

Puntos en contra

My primary difficulty is that entries cannot be sorted or tagged individually; i.e., when you tag a photo, the tag applies to the entire submission, not just a single photo. Since my competition allows up to 8 photos per submission, I have to sort in other ways after downloading the entries, which is a bit time-consuming but not a deal-breaker.
The login requirement for voting in the Gallery view has a dampening effect; also, there's no instruction telling viewers to click on a photo to enlarge the view. Gallery sorting tools would be a welcome function as well. Gallery View has a lot of potential and I'm curious to see how Submittable's developers change it in the future.

Micah B.
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de dos años

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Revisado el 17/4/2017

I seriously don't know how we functioned before having Submittable. We host festivals throughout the country bringing together art, music and wellness. This requires having submission forms for all 3, plus a number of others, including an Art Auction. Submittable became the solution that we didn't even know we needed. The Art Auction is just the latest example of something that we have done in the past but finally realized Submittable was the best method.

But it was their customer support that was the key. It was through discussing our needs with them that we were able to go forward. As we began using the system, they were always there to answer questions, provide an answer and take our feedback, which then resulted in changes that made for a better experience.

I find that they are still just an email away. This is rare, but is why I am here writing this now. As the Technical Director for O+, I am always looking for that technological answer, but I am also always weary as often new tech can go unused, can be un-user-friendly, can be daunting to learn, etc. which then makes it actually the wrong answer. Submittable is maybe the best example I can give to how tech can really be just the right thing.

Thank you.

Puntos a favor

Easy to use, and can be used very broadly. Great customer service. Great design. Feature rich.

Puntos en contra

Managing other users and exporting info can be better.

Linda S.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

The people who work at Submittable are knowledgeable, good-natured, and GENUINELY helpful.

Revisado el 5/10/2017

Submittable WORKS, and their customer support is unbeatable!

Puntos a favor

Submittable can handle so many different document types that we never could ourselves. They listen when we have suggestions/requests. Everything can be tracked - no more lost manuscripts! They've made it possible for us to offer books at the same time someone makes a submission, a great option for us. And they can issue refunds with ease.

Puntos en contra

Searches (especially across a lot of categories) sometimes are a bit slow, but we do have a LOT of categories and a LOT of submissions for the software to sort through. We're so glad to have Submittable, a respectable and caring group that has the ability to keep up with technology challenges so we can do the work we love doing.

Rebecca S.
  • Sector: Arte y artesanía

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Incredible Software for anyone!

Revisado el 8/1/2020

Incredible. Again, this software is incredibly easy to use and the features it provides help up tremendously.

Puntos a favor

It is easy to use, and if anything happens that we are unsure about, the support team replies quickly and provides incredible instructions!

Puntos en contra

There is nothing that I dislike about Submittable.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Every publication should use this software

Revisado el 5/5/2020

Submittable made life so much easier. We drastically improved collaboration and communication. We were able to cut down our response times to submitters. We also received more submissions.

Puntos a favor

Pretty much every feature is a lifesaver. The workflows, templates, ratings, comments, etc. It's all very well thought out and makes collection and responding to submissions of any kind super easy. The ability to collect payment for contests or other submissions is also invaluable.

Puntos en contra

Honestly, there's nothing I dislike about this software other than maybe the cost. It's one of the few tools that I think is pretty much perfect as it is.

Edwardo B.
  • Sector: Tecnología y servicios de la información
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 11-50 empleados

Improved Submission Process

Revisado el 11/9/2019

It has been a positive experience for our team, not only has it improved our processes it has offered more tools for our team and clients.

Puntos a favor

Submittable offered the layout and tools needed to improve our submission process. Creating submission forms & portals is super easy and takes very little software experience to understand.

Puntos en contra

While it is easy to use and offers a great layout, the software is still in development changes and can be a bit limited to how creative a user can be.
Submittable currently has a gallery view setting but only works with pictures- would love to view PPTX and PDF files as well.

Jeremy R.

• Asistencia al cliente

Submittable is irreplaceable in terms of the

Puntos a favor

The best thing I like about this software is how it serves multiple functions for our organization. I can easily create categories for submissions, receive submissions, the submissions can be commented on by the review team, and then I can correspond with the submitter all from within the same software. Each step of the process is easy to use.

Puntos en contra

Because of how many ways you can use the software, it takes a bit of time to get used to how to navigate between different parts of the program but once learned it's very user-friendly.

Olivia T.

• Asistencia al cliente

The website and software is easy to use, reliable, and convenient.

Revisado el 20/6/2018

Puntos a favor

Ease of use on many levels. It streamlines an administrative process that could take endless hours. The software is not automated (and it shouldn't be), but there are enough templates and options to make the process of managing submissions very efficient.

Puntos en contra

The navigation menus are not intuitive. It takes too long to figure out where things are hidden. Having sub-menus would help. Also, inactive team members still show up when assigning. The editorial team of this journal changes every year and there are too many names. We don't want to delete past editors, but archiving them when they are inactive would be an improvement.

Lucian M.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

This product is easy to use and indispensable to my writing endeavors

Revisado el 7/12/2017

Puntos a favor

It's ease of use. Straightforward layout. Very user friendly. I like the app. Allows me to organize my submissions to literary journals and keep track of when I need to submit them before deadlines.

Puntos en contra

The navigation within the new "Following" area. I feel like there should just be a direct submit button rather than a "save" button. Right now I find myself having to go to a drop down menu up top to get to the submissions page. This is an easy fix though.