180 opiniones
Fieldbook

Fieldbook

Creación de bases de datos personalizadas y seguimiento de flujos de trabajo.

4.4 /5 (180 opiniones)
Tamaño de la empresa: 51-200 empleados

Powerful to use database

Revisado el 20/4/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Accuracy and savings in time.

Puntos a favor

I use this as a light-weight project-tracking sheet. Breaking down tasks and allocating them to team-members allows me to track projects at a macro level while allowing individual team members to view their own set of tasks in an organized summarized manner. Making global changes across sheets when you make a change is a huge time-saver.

Puntos en contra

The tool would become more powerful if we could add some more customized formatting like colors. While its similar to excel in many respects, there is a bit of a learning curve which can be overcome if you go through their documentation and tutorials (both are quite good).

Jesus C.
Traducir a español

Excellent for creating and managing your spreadsheets on the Internet

Revisado el 7/3/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Its biggest benefit and difference with other applications is the ability to link several columns and when a change is made in one affect all others that you selected, this is very useful when having several files with repeated information that must be changed in each one of them.

Puntos a favor

This application is excellent to work your spreadsheets in the cloud, I use it for those files that are necessary to change at all times and not limit me to my desk or office, it gives you the freedom to access data anywhere, be a meeting or being on the road and someone asks you for information, really useful in that sense, the difference with other programs that do this and where it is most useful is that you can link several columns of different files, so when you modify a they modify all of them, it's great for workers' pay sheets where the bonuses that they give according to their salary that you have in other files are modified, this is a tremendous help.

Puntos en contra

The problem is that if you do not have internet you can not work on your files because it is a cloud program, this is a strong disadvantage if you have all files there, you must create backups and when your connection returns, update your files contained in the cloud.

Joe W.
Sector: Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro
Traducir a español

One killer feature, but a couple of crucial features missing

Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Our organization determined a long time ago we needed a cloud-based database solution that we could integrate with our website, but would also make it easy for us to build reports. Finally, last year, we found two solutions built specifically with this idea in mind. We ultimately chose Fieldbook because of a killer feature: MailChimp integration. Fieldbook's tight integration with MailChimp is especially impressive.

Fieldbook does a lot of things right. After showing off Fieldbook to the rest of the staff at work, they are incredibly excited to begin using the tool.

Two crucial features are missing that have made it difficult for us to move forward in carrying our own Fieldbook integration to production. The API works okay for very basic CRUD capabilities, but that's about it. The missing piece in the API is getting metadata -- information about the tables. This missing piece makes it difficult to take full advantage of the features an API could offer.

The other missing feature: we cannot import a CSV file to an existing table. We can only import to a new table.

Having said all that, Fieldbook's simple interface for managing the vast array of features they offer makes this application exactly the sort of solution we have been looking for. We're excited to use it and hope to see its continued development.

Ease of use, MailChimp integration, CRUD RESTful API

Needs import/update feature, Metadata API, performance improvements

Oscar T.
Sector: Internet
Tamaño de la empresa: 501-1000 empleados
Traducir a español

Fieldbook is second nature.

Software usado A diario durante Más de dos años
Revisado el 17/6/2018

Puntos a favor

I use Fieldbook primarily because of the ease of use ,it provides myself and my team. Fieldbook is very friendly for everyone who has used Excel,Google sheets or any form of spreadsheet before ; as there is very little difference between the user interface of Fieldbook and the above listed Spreadsheet tools.
Fieldbook enable my team create web forms and we use it in collating data from potential customers in our market niche. It has also been very useful to tracking our list ,amongst other benefits.

Puntos en contra

Fieldbook is a web based solution , therefore we always need to have access to the internet to be able to use Fieldbook. Also would had been great to be able to use Fieldbook for a bit of financial accounting work but obviously that isnt the case.

Sofia C.
Traducir a español

Go beyond in the management of data in the cloud

Software usado Semanalmente durante 6-12 meses
Revisado el 2/4/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

To be able to have a simulation of a database of relational data to create views on basic data for different purposes, be it working hours in relation to project, perosonal, server log and duration of jobs, etc., this application helps a lot in this sense and It has other good uses that everyone must discover.

Puntos a favor

Although there are several options for editing and saving files in the cloud and with more recognized companies, Fieldbook is a very attractive option and what makes it so original is a very good functionality that allows you to work with columns that are in other sheets, a behavior similar to a relational database, is something unique, when you have to keep many data linked and send them to different people, this helps you a lot, think about all the possibilities, you can also create views between several sheets , to show those values you need is great, its price is very good and it has a reliable system with few errors, besides being a cloud service, you can work together with other workers and get very good results.

Puntos en contra

It requires even add more features to create a more complete and striking application to the market, although its iteration between sheets in very good, still needs to improve much intelligent information systems, make a little more intuitive this functionality so that the average person can use it more easily

Lloyd H.
Traducir a español

What an easy to use and brilliant piece of software

Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses
Revisado el 16/2/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

I love this software. the learning curve was so fast considering its power and what it can do. I ran through the training videos a couple of times and followed along and I was ready to go. I had my own database up and running in less than an hour which blew me away. compared to other databases I have tried this is by far the easiest and yet powerful one I have used.

Puntos a favor

I love fieldbook. It is easy to use and create powerful relational databases. The support is great and they are very responsive. I had my first database up and running in less than an hour and, with a little help from support worked out the formulas to manipulate the data.

They are introducing new features all the time and run a regular live training webinar where they run you through the basics and answer your questions and walk you through any problems step by step.

I cant say enough good things about this software.

Puntos en contra

IT is a relatively new and there are some limitations at the minute. I cannot setup different views for different people. So, I wanted to be able to allow the agents to see their leads but not the other agents. This is not yet possible. There is a work around and it is on the their wish list.

Edward C.
Sector: Educación superior
Traducir a español

An exception software with a sad end

Revisado el 3/7/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Saved a lot of time and allow my data to be stored meaningfully. So sad it is not available any more...

Puntos a favor

A great way to link data for many uses. I made it as my accounting database for online income. Did a great job indeed.

Puntos en contra

Shut down suddenly. This says it all. All my data and the time to set up the relational databased/forms were wasted.

Probabilidad de recomendación: 0.0/10

James C.
Traducir a español

As a freelance graphic designer I use fieldboo every single day to keep track of my client projects

Revisado el 7/6/2018

Puntos a favor

What I like most about Fieldbook is how easy and effectively I can keep track of all my client projects and how it allows me to have everything all in one place. This makes it a lot easier to manage my projects when I have a large amount of ongoing work.

Puntos en contra

I have always felt there is a large chunk of features missing from Fieldbook, it has opportunity to be a fully fledged project management app but instead it has minimal features and functions

Ana T.
Traducir a español

Must have software if you work with spreadsheets

Revisado el 4/5/2018

Managing spreadsheets

Puntos a favor

Fieldbook is a lifesaver. It makes working with spreadsheets so much easier. Free trial worked perfectly for us and helped to understand the tool and its functionality

Puntos en contra

Just one thing I can think of. As it is a Cloud platform, you can not edit your files if you are not online. It is a big disadvantage of Fieldbook.

Marian L.
Sector: Entretenimiento

Powerful for managing spreadsheets

Revisado el 18/5/2018

Puntos a favor

It has great functionality and allows you to work with columns in other sheets. This relational database keeps data linked.

Puntos en contra

A big disadvantage becaue it's a cloud based program, you cannot work on your files offline or when there's no internet available.

Julian S.
Sector: Maquinaria

Great Product, Excellent Service

Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

I have migrated 2 of my businesses out of excel and into Fieldbook. This has allowed me to not only save time but also be more accurate. I can link data together instantly and easily, apply functions, and create contextual structure for my data. It also looks good on mobile and I recently built an MVP for a service in an hour and shared the link. We were able to instantly gauge interest and are already working on building out a new product. Unfortunately I find it so useful to my business that I have added so much data the application is starting to slow down and is becoming more difficult to use on a daily basis.

Puntos a favor

Super quick to build the structure to improve upon data in a spreadsheet. It is great as a single source of truth, as it can most accurately link and store all the data needed. There is no manual linking spreadsheets. I also like the page navigation. A lot of attention to detail for the browser back and forward, or re-viewing a sheet (holding sheet location, including view). Another great pro is the ease of doing filter and sort. Really slick to almost never need to type on the keyboard to use those functions.

Puntos en contra

I know it's early for the software so there are some bugs (I've already notified Jason). The one issue that is cropping up a lot lately, is that I am getting a lot of info in one book, and that book is becoming slower to use (especially on lower power devices, my desktop is pretty powerful, but laptops are pretty laggy.).

----ADVICE CONTINUED----
I think there is a great opportunity for using your system to build a simple ERP system. Many small businesses can't afford $20k ERP software and it is usually overkill for the size of their business. So they are left with Excel. There is a wide chasm that your product fills. I am using it in two businesses that have a total of about $2m Revenue. We can't justify the cost for an ERP system, but we can tailor Fieldbook to be exactly what we need, and is easy to add to it when we feel the need to. With Fieldbook to hold data, and Trello to display the data we have built something far more valuable than any ERP system can provide to us. We are just trying to bring them together in a manner that is automated and that product would be worth big money in our industry. If you are interested in seeing the would-be competitor (low end ERP) check out http://www.henningsoftware.com/ They get about $8k per seat for Fieldbook+Trello (minus the automation between database and display, and some automated formatted outputs (currently Sheets app script)). I would be happy to give you all my information to see someone build something better.

Ian L.

Almost worked for me

Revisado el 18/11/2016
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

I started using fieldbook as a way to organize the engineering information for a product design company, with an eye towards using it as my go-to tool for organization of any kind, from personal to work life. For me, it's important to have ONE location where I store all the information in my life, so that I'm not constantly wondering where I stored a piece of info. That is the main reason I have come to accept Workflowy as my main organizational tool, and stopped using Fieldbook.

One thing that annoyed me about Fieldbook is a weird scrolling behavior. When I scroll down on a sheet, then try to scroll back up, it jumps up to another position, which becomes quite disorienting on a long list of items. I think the only other criticism I have of Fieldbook is that it can be a bit challenging, especially for new users, to find a "foothold" when looking for information. When pieces of data are linked together in different ways behind the scenes, and when all the different fields look exactly the same, it's difficult to understand the hierarchy of data. I know, the relational database mindset is that all the data is flat... but hierarchy always exists in our minds, so some way to visually understand that hierarchy I think is important. Perhaps you could provide access to CSS, so that certain fields can always be styled a particular way. This would make it easier to understand where you are in the data structure when you are suddenly launched to a new view.

Workflowy doesn't have structured data like Fieldbook, but the ease and speed of searching, and the undeniable simplicity of an indented list just makes it the better choice for me. Fieldbook may still be in my future, especially as my businesses grow. I think it's a solid tool, and I'm sure it works perfectly for many others who aren't obsessed with organizational tools like I am.

I know this is probably far away from your company goals, but what would get me excited is a tool that works and looks like workflowy, but incorporates structured data like fieldbook. Perhaps this could be a simple "skin" that just uses the data from fieldbook and displays it in a different way.

Cheers!

Ian

Puntos a favor

structured data, simple interface, speed

Puntos en contra

maybe all the table lines? And the time it takes to re-orient my brain each time I click something and the view changes.

Probabilidad de recomendación: 6.0/10

Gregory S.
Traducir a español

An app that finally fills the gap between easy-to-use spreadsheets and inaccessible databases!

Software usado A diario durante Más de dos años
Revisado el 29/11/2016
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

In Fieldbook there's finally an app that fills the gap between easy-to-use spreadsheets and inaccessible databases. I've used it for keeping track of student grades and assignments, for planning conferences, for indexing a book, for keeping track of gifts I've given and am planning to give, for tracking Christmas cards, for organizing data for a job search, and even for organizing the dishes, ingredients and steps for a complex dinner party. Whatever your use case, if there's data you want to interrelate easily, and be able to view in different ways, Fieldbook is a great step forward over previously available tools. I used to start such projects in Excel and then, when they'd get to complicated have to move them to MS Access, which always required a lot of time for set up, and has a notoriously unfriendly interface. Now I can start in Fieldbook straightway, or just copy spreadsheet data into it, and almost immediately get all the functionality of a Database.

Puntos a favor

It's a lightweight database with the friendliness of a spreadsheet.

Puntos en contra

There's no way to run formulas over the multiple items linked to in a cell to yield multiple results.

Chris S.
Sector: Marketing y publicidad

Fieldbook could replace SFDC & MS Access

Software usado Semanalmente durante 1-5 meses
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Fieldbook is what I have always wanted Google Sheets to do - support relational data!

As a past MS Access junkie and current aPaas nut, I am searching for a fast, clean and AFFORDABLE way to create solid database driven web apps. I currently use LongJump.com (aka AgileApps). I stopped increasing/advancing my development in LongJump since I found it did not scale well. Years ago the management team decided to limit the number of times you could run a process on your data to 50 a day. This was a showstopper. Plus, the cost to store data was painfully high. How can AWS offer data GBs of storage for pennies? I suspect these limits and costs are why the platform did not become popular and the company was sold to a German business (Software AG). I recently got into Progress Rollbase. It's pretty good but the terrible search has stopped me cold. My users must be able to find the data they need!

So far, Fieldbook solves my cost and clean design needs.

What Fieldbook is missing for me in order of importance...

*** Lack of custom form design...
Managing a task well can often turn into requiring many dozens of fields. Even a customized form can become dopey over time if it requires the user to scroll through many feet of interface. Most aPaas platforms have collapsible sections to solve this. That's a great start, but don't stop there. I strong suggest you support "tabs" so that a section can have horizontal tabs. By offering both section and tab elements, even a form with 100+ fields will appear to be tidy and clean, offering only the info the user wants to drill down to.

On a related note, a hot trick for good form design is to create a Summary section at the top of the form that uses calculated fields, pulling the most useful info (Account & Contact name, City & St, best phone #, client type, last order date, total sales, etc.) into an easy to absorb summary. This approach can allow a form that has many sections to initially be displayed as collapsed - nice and clean!

*** Triggers by data event or on a schedule
LongJump calls them Data Policies. Once I have my data stored, I want to act on it. Perhaps a Zapier integration could solve this.

Thanks again for taking on relational databases!

Jason P.
Sector: Comercio minorista

Loving my database

Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

I've been using Fieldbook for the past year to manage several online, product-based businesses that require multiple levels of related information in the product assessment process.

I rely on Virtual Assistants across the globe to gather information and to enter it into their respective areas of my Fieldbook application. This allows me to perform calculations and to extract critical information for management decisions. There's no system that I've found (outside of proprietary systems or SAAS systems costing a lot of money) that allows for this multi-level amalgamation of data.

I'm a software developer and e-commerce business owner and am extremely happy with Fieldbook, with the service that I've received and with my simple solution that does complex wonders.

Thanks guys - keep up the great work.
Regards
Jason

Puntos a favor

Simple to use relational database that allows for multiple levels of 'nested' data in an easy to use interface.

Puntos en contra

Not able to share books with edit-only contacts without them being able to make a copy of the entire book. Have always hoped that the team would remove the ability for anyone with less than admin rights to copy the book.

Juan jose T.
Traducir a español

A smart way to manage data in the cloud

Revisado el 1/6/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Excellent to manage data in the cloud that you need to relate and work together, to have an order in an important data and that you need to be accessible everywhere and can be modified.

Puntos a favor

There are many options to create and manage spreadsheets on the Internet, from those offered by Google to those of Microsoft itself, but the fieldbook bet is something different, it is a web application in which we can load data from different sheets and link some columns with others, as if it were a relational database. When we make alterations in a value, all the linked data sheets will be updated immediately. This is very impressive and opens the door to an infinite number of possibilities that depends on the use you want to give it, it gives you the possibility of handling unified data that, according to your changes, affects many other files having a highly maneuverable and efficient behavior.

Puntos en contra

In principle it will consist a bit to understand how it works and if you make an error in a calculation or a data and this affects several files can bring great problems, you must be very careful with the data.

Tim F.
Sector: Música
Traducir a español

Spreadsheets are fun! But collaboration can be hard

Revisado el 29/11/2016
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Fieldbook brings the simplicity of Excel to the web, and allows seamless collaboration via a very intuitive user interface.

But the real power of Fieldbook lies in the API. Via simple HTTP endpoints you get complete control of your data, but also access to Codelets and other tools you can use to create complex APIs of your own.

Very simple
Create powerful APIs with no, or very little coding
No more Excel files being send as email attachments

Puntos en contra

API limit rates. As our application grows, we have had to implement a simple cache

Denise R.
Sector: Bibliotecas

Very promising start-up product

Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

If you're looking for an affordable alternative to full-featured databases that is also perfectly intuitive for spreadsheet users, this is the best web app database product, and I tried maybe 3 or 4 options before going with this one. There are still a few features I need missing, but I'm sure they'll come along later. The pricing is also very fair and scales to your API use, so you can get started quickly and scale up when you need it. I use it to organize research data that is edited and shared between two people.

Puntos a favor

Free to start, intuitive, easy to share between remote workers

Puntos en contra

I learned traditional databases (SQL etc), so there's a few basic database search functions that I would like that are not available. There also isn't a change-history log, which I would like to track editing. I also would like to use it on iPad, which is not supported.

Tom L.
Sector: Software informático

Use Fieldbook, it's the best

Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de dos años
Revisado el 1/12/2016
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

I made Fieldbook databases to track recipes by ingredient, track weekly project iterations, and log workouts. It does a great job for all three. Almost every time I imagine a new thing I want a database to do, Fieldbook has a button for it. And its auto-complete for formulae is amazing! Fieldbook is solid. It's far better for personal databases than any other spreadsheet and is nicer to use than anything by FileMaker, including Bento.

I do run into features that aren't there. Every once in a while, there will be a piece of data that you can't write a formula for, or a join that you can't write. But as I page through my databases, I'm having trouble remembering what they were because they were never crucial to getting the job done.

The phone interface is unusable. The UI is fine except that it's too slow. While entering data, I need to refresh the page every few minutes because the tab crashes.

UI

Puntos en contra

Limitations that result from being a website

Lorenzo A.
Sector: Telecomunicaciones
Traducir a español

Efficient, easy, simple and beautiful

Revisado el 19/11/2016
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

I just love the product, the easiness of use and the awesome speed and care of the customer support.
Using the tool on a daily basis, I highly recommend it.

Puntos a favor

- No installation required, everything from the browser
- No flash
- Clean, good UX/UI
- Smart

Puntos en contra

- Reports and forms not available on mobiles
- Linked field can't show up in forms if they link to sheets that have multi-field names or numeric ID names
- No offline access compatibility mode

Tim W.
Sector: Tecnología y servicios de la información

Excellent software

Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

I'm in sales and the web CRM tools that are provided to me at a Fortune 100 company are cumbersome and outdated. Most of my peers use Excel to manage their business.

When I found Fieldbook, it was a breath of fresh air. The speed and ease of use are amazing. Jason, the CEO, would respond directly to my questions and ideas. It's been a VERY useful tool for me and I've introduced a few of my peers to it as well.

I think this is a new class of tool that is very useful and the potential is just being scratched. I'm eager to see where Fieldbook takes thing going forward.

Ease of use, speed, UI

Puntos en contra

I'd like to see a few upgrade: conditional highlighting, better speed with larger datasets, a way to easily update datasets as new data becomes available for import

Felipe A.
Sector: Telecomunicaciones
Traducir a español

An intelligent way to manage data in the cloud.

Software usado Semanalmente durante 6-12 meses
Revisado el 9/4/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

To have a unique service of relations between columns of different files in the cloud, giving me the possibility of generating data in an unbecoming way, relating files and using the data of each one to carry out intelligent views among them.

Puntos a favor

It is an excellent and innovative way to manage data in the cloud, why I do say this, because its main attraction practically allows you to manage a relational database in the cloud, this is fantastic, you do it through the spreadsheets, so in different files you can link the columns of one file with columns of another, making the possibilities of working and managing the data infinite, being able to print or show views of the results of the relations.

Puntos en contra

As it is a service in the cloud, it does not allow you to access when you are not connected to a network, and the relation service between columns will not enjoy it, if you were counting on a view and you do not have access, even if you have the files you will not be able to see, you must always keep this in mind.

Adam B.
Sector: Tecnología y servicios de la información
Tamaño de la empresa: 501-1000 empleados
Traducir a español

Simple to use, sophisticated in the details: the next step after spreadsheets and databases

Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Fieldbook is one of the rarest services I consider indispensable today. Not only I got to replace all my spreadsheets with it, now I have the power of a database to deal with the data. Also, the APIs allow me to automate much more and the omnipresence of a web app is worth it. The creators clearly paid attention to details there: the UI is full of little, apparently inconsequential details that make it a please to use. I would only note that the Web app is quite slow and heavy, they could improve that for sure. Besides that, Fieldbook just changed the way I tabulate my data these days.

Easy to use.
Favors well organized data.
Powerful queries.
Omnipresence.
Good APIs.
Well-crafted UX.
Great customer support.

Slow and heavy.

Leonardo R.
Sector: Capital riesgo y capital privado
Traducir a español

Great product with great support

Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

I have basically started an information company using Fieldbook. It greatly simplified the process of data structuring and gave new life to the many spreadsheets I had collected. The support was always very open not only to solve issues/bugs, but also to improve and add functionalities. Great product for entrepreneurs!

Puntos a favor

The way info is linked seamlessly and viewed as well as the navegability between different tables.

Puntos en contra

Sometimes the system gets slow. The size limit of databases

Steven S.
Sector: Relaciones públicas y comunicaciones

Great UX & UI, awesome support

Revisado el 9/11/2016
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Have been using Fieldbook now for about 9 months. It has opened up a world of possibilities for designing and developing database driven services for our consultancy and our clients. The support is out of this world (literally ask a question and get an answer usually within 10 minutes. There is so much potential for this app!

Puntos a favor

Extremely intuitive and easy to use. Powerful feature set. Easy to build a database quickly and flexible enough to make changes to the underlying structure down the line. We use it for entire business processes and to build strategies and evaluation for clients.

Puntos en contra

I would love Zapier integration!