Reseñas de Asset Essentials

Web-based CMMS system for SMBs

4.5/5 (51 reseñas)

Revisado el 7/5/2013
Fuente de la reseña: SoftwareAdvice

Our Facilities Management Department covers the operations of 24 town buildings in our municipality. These buildings also include three elementary schools and one middle school. Our maintainers and custodians handle all aspects of these buildings, from cleaning and grounds work, to repairs, HVAC and inspections (just to name a few).

Prior to Maintenance Edge we utilized two work order systems. School staff used an in-house request system through our IT Department, while all other town employees utilized a purchased software (MP2).

My position is that of Administrative Assistant and I am the one individual that processes all work requests for our office. This meant switching back and forth between our two systems making sure all requests were processed. Work requests were not addressed during any absences from the office (vacation, etc.), thus sitting in queue until my return. Also, there was not a concise record of completed tasks.

I am still the one individual in our organization who uses MaintenanceEdge on a full time basis. However, we have now added our maintainers and custodians as daily users of this program. When we began using it in November of 2012, I realized how simple and flexible this program was. It has met all of our needs, and as I continue to use the system, I find more and more areas we can adapt to its use.

It has been extremely helpful in reducing the amount of daily work order processing, as so much is now automated through the program. Instant notification to our maintainers' cell phones and email gives immediate contact on requests and tasks, thus eliminating any delays during my out-of-office time. Automatic routing also eliminates the need to forward work orders to the proper maintainer, since notification is within minutes. This function also allows our maintainers to check on work orders when at a specific building, thus eliminating duplicate travel time. This has greatly improved the productivity of our department.

We have also taken advantage of the automated reports function, which generates and emails the specific building reports to the proper individuals on a weekly basis. Everyone, including building directors and principals, are "on the same page" with updates and tasks. MaintenanceEdge definitely helps us all communicate more effectively and efficiently.

Finally, from the standpoint of the "requesters" at our many buildings, they find it very user friendly. One 20-30 minute training session was all it took to get all users up and running. The transition has been very smooth, especially with the added assistance from the FacilityDude support staff. They are easy to contact, always friendly, and have the correct answers and information that is needed; and if not, they continue to work on any issues until they are solved.

I've recommended MaintenanceEdge to a number of colleagues in local governments in my area. It is a user-friendly system with fantastic customer support. From my standpoint, it is a blessing, and has done wonders for our department!

A Tool You Can Not Go Without

Revisado el 27/1/2014
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

We initially began using Facility Dude in July of 2013. Are initial goal was to utilize Facility Dude in several departments thru out our Government entity. The startegy was to start out slowly to see if the software would meet our needs. After adding our fifth department last week, we have become very pleased with its performance.

Facility Dude is currently being used in our following departments: Parks and Recreation, Public Works, Communications, Community Development and Construction and Maintenance. Each department is on schedule of implementaion of various degrees and levels. The unique aspect of Facility Dude is that the departments have been able to operate seperatley within the same account while the sytem stays intact as a whole. This allows for upper management and county officials to view a snap shot of all departments at any given time. The other crucial advantage of using one work order system is that departments can easily exchange information without restriction.

Facility dudes internet based access does not burden hardware specifications allowing us to be creative in finding efficient means of operation. For example we can utilze Ipad technology that is a few years old allowing us to purchase used hardware at a much less expensive expenditure. This carries over to not needeing as powerfull technology in relation to overall hardware costs.

Several times while implementing Facility Dude we have come across needs that were not readily tested already within the workings of the original system. Facility Dude has been very helpful in working with us in developing protocols to work thru these "custom to us" features. Currently we are working together in areas that need fine tunning.

The overall impression we have recieved from our online in the field staff has been very positive, with an emphasis on ease of use. The support staff at Facility Dude has always be extremly timely and usually instant.

The timely completion rate of work orders has decreased from one half to one full day on average. This has been a result of requests from requesters going immediately into the system and technicians being able to see them and route themselves accordingly.

Can I at this time do a complete review of Facility Dude? No I can not, reason being is that as much as we have already made succesfull we have not begun to scratch the surface of all that we think Facility Dude will do for us.

First CMMS at Atlas

Software usado A diario durante 6-12 meses
Revisado el 23/6/2017

Puntos a favor

MaintenanceEdge start up has been amazingly simple. Once our equipment list was finalized and given to Dude Solutions, their team completed all the data entry allowing free time for our end users to familiarize themselves with the software. The navigation is easy and training went smoothly and quickly. The support staff has been lightening quick about any questions that have come up. On going weekly scheduled meeting with our dedicated representative from Dude have reinforced training and expanded regularly on our knowledge of the program.

Puntos en contra

There are a few functions that have been lacking that tech support has been made aware of. Not all of the reports are able to be automatically generated on a schedule, ie. Downtime. I would like to see the ability to toggle some of the fields on or off depending on the end users preferences.

Preventative Maintenance software

Revisado el 14/1/2016

Puntos a favor

The software has the best (easiest to navigate and common sense flow) user interface out of the 4-5 competitors that I evaluated. The sales rep that I worked with was low pressure and responsive to my needs and questions. Implementation cost and annual service costs were very competitive. The after purchase training and setup was also very positive. I have a point person and scheduled time blocks for training and continue to have great customer service 3 months after implementation. In fact my training rep. emailed me today asking how things were going and if I had any questions.

Puntos en contra

In a perfect world, I would like to tailor the software to my specific needs and industry. Facility Dude is a generic software from the sense that it accommodates the language and requirements spanning several very different industries. I have had to be creative in a few cases with how we classify groups and naming convention. Not a big issue however the inability to have some level of customization would be my only complaint.

Traducir con Google

Easy to use and capable.

Software usado A diario durante 6-12 meses
Revisado el 8/5/2017
Fuente de la reseña: SoftwareAdvice

This system will satisfy our needs for at least the initial five years of a conversion to RCM.

Puntos a favor

Ease of use for price, great reporting. The Dude Intelligence reporting is newly developed and comes right out of the box with great graphs and organized data.

Puntos en contra

Currently limited in long term root cause failure analysis due to restricted levels of asset organization.

Revisado el 28/2/2013
Fuente de la reseña: SoftwareAdvice

We have multiple facilities across three counties, so we are mindful of travel time and expense. We can easily see the most important items and address those first.

The amount of training for the end users was minimal, staff were able to use the system in just minutes after receiving start up notification which included log-in and short introductory training (Less than 5 minutes and this was done electronically and individually without any special face to face or group training sessions) which made implementation and training costs minimal particulalrly for work requesters. The customer support is fantastic and has exceeeded my best expectations.

I have and will continue to recommended MaintenanceEdge to several of my peers that manage Healthcare Facilities across the United States. MaintenanceEdge is a great product with great support, a winning combination for the facilities I'm responsible and my team that manages them!

Traducir con Google

I couldnt be happier with this system

Revisado el 1/12/2015

Puntos a favor

It is extremely user friendly and the more we learn about the system the more it has to offer. All of my techs were able to navigate through the system and get the basics down in a matter of minutes by day 2 they were creating work orders and asking about searching work history on equipment.

Puntos en contra

I have had to input all my assets, vendors, manufacturers, etc. the data entry is still ongoing after several months. I would suggest hiring someone for data entry.

Revisado el 25/2/2013
Fuente de la reseña: SoftwareAdvice

We provide maintenance support to over 30 departments located throughout our county. As a local government, we are mindful of our accountability to citizens and also like to ensure we are offering a high level of service to our customers. With those things in mind, we decided to begin using MaintenanceEdge to make sure we efficiently do the best job we can. Getting set up in the system was no problem at all, we transferred over some information from our last system and the system is simple enough to use that we only needed minimal training.

One aspect of MaintenanceEdge that we appreciate is the ability to have an unlimited number of users. It’s made it easy for departments to set up users to enter work orders. Another benefit is that since it’s so user-friendly, the technicians have no problem navigating it and inputting information. The fact that the software is web-based is helpful because we can access it from anywhere and don’t have to worry about upgrades. This is an exceptional product and I recommend it.

MaintenanceEdge by Dude Solutions

Software usado Semanalmente durante 1-5 meses
Revisado el 24/1/2017
Fuente de la reseña: SoftwareAdvice

We are launching the use of MaintenanceEdge to manage our Preventive Maintenance system, replacing a spreadsheet based system in place for years. The system is used to create Preventive Maintenance tasks specific to each piece of industrial equipment, and schedule them recurring as required.

Puntos a favor

Very simple and intuitive to use. Permission levels can be set up to let users have sufficient access to edit database records and fields without too much restriction. This allows for good customization.

Puntos en contra

There are limitations with search and look up features for certain fields of the data records. In most cases, one can search based on any data field, but in some key cases this is not easy and a round about way of finding a record is required.

When you need an edge

Revisado el 17/1/2015

Puntos a favor

As a product, MaintenanceEdge is supported by excellent customer support. The product itself is simple and straightforward once you've learned the interface. The streamlining of requests is intuitive and promotes a more productive work environment.

Puntos en contra

There are a few holes in functionality that either require long-winded solutions for the end user or aren't possible at all. Searches and filters are rudimentary, and the UI is outdated and clumsy.

Getting To Know The Dude

Revisado el 27/1/2014
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Prior to using Facility Dude for the first time, I had zero experience with any type of IMMS. After about 3 months at my current position, I was the resident expert in my department for all questions and new users. The trick with MaintenanceEdge/FacilityDude (aka ME/FD), is prepping your account before users get in an create loads of data. Without the proper equipment, budgets, departments, etc. already in there, your reporting will be arduous. If a small amount of prep is completed prior to launching, it can be the automated cost-tracking, email-reminding, planned maintenance-scheduling DREAM assistant for your maintenance needs - or otherwise. I have also used ME/FD to track our Safety Program project from initial safety inspection all the way to the confirmation of work completed. All in all, you get out what you put in, but The Dude makes it easy to ferret out the info you need and get going with tracking and planning!

Preventive Maintenance Program

Revisado el 10/2/2014
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

We began using MaintenanceEdge because we needed a better preventive maintenance program. Our previous program lacked specific information about what work needed to be done and what had been done. MaintenanceEdge helped us set our new baseline for proper preventive maintenance. We feel confident PM gains the maximum life out of our equipment. We have an accurate inventory and the maintenance equipment records are helpful during regulatory reviews. In fact, The Joint Commission called our system `a best practice from their experience during our last review. In addition to improving our PM program, it also improved our operations and staff scheduling almost immediately. Having the ability to run reports showing open or in-progress work orders helps us to more effectively allocate staff and resources. Our day-to-day operations are a lot smoother now.

Revisado el 27/3/2013
Fuente de la reseña: SoftwareAdvice

We began using MaintenanceEdge (FacilityDude) because we needed a better preventive maintenance program. Our previous program lacked specific information about what work needed to be done and what had been done. MaintenanceEdge helped us set our new baseline for proper preventive maintenance. We feel confident PM gains the maximum life out of our equipment. We have an accurate inventory and the maintenance equipment records are helpful during regulatory reviews. In fact, The Joint Commission called our system ‘a best practice’ from their experience during our last review. In addition to improving our PM program, it also improved our operations and staff scheduling almost immediately. Having the ability to run reports showing open or in-progress work orders helps us to more effectively allocate staff and resources. Our day-to-day operations are a lot smoother now.

Traducir con Google

Very friendly to the user and guides you step by step

Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de un año
Revisado el 16/1/2018

Very good for the price

Puntos a favor

Easy and simplistic steps to process your order with customization. I like the graphs and data presentation.

Puntos en contra

Report generation on schedule. Limitations on search feature. Wish there was email notification when work was complete

Customer Support, Reporting Features, Increased Productivity /Accountability

Revisado el 5/2/2014
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

The customer support at Facility Dude is fantastic! The Facility Dude staff are knowledgable and very quick to respond with answers to my questions as well as questions the rest of my team may have. The are very personable and understand that not all of us are computer geeks so they explain solutions in terms we can understand.

We have multiple facilities across three counties, so we are mindful of travel time and expense. MaintenanceEdge helps us prioritize assignments which has greatly improved our productivity. We can easily see the most important items and address those first. MaintenanceEdge has also enabled us to do benchmarking and analyze our data to determine how we are utilizing our resources. Information from the system is essential when we advocate for additional staff or plan for future needs.

Simplistic

Software usado Otro durante Más de un año
Revisado el 10/4/2018

Puntos a favor

What I like most about this software is that it's very easy to navigate and not too complicated for a beginner

Puntos en contra

What I least like about this software Is that is only limited to do certain things unlike some other software that can do multiple functions

Traducir con Google

A good solid maintenance management solution

Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses
Revisado el 13/2/2018

Puntos a favor

Cloud based software doesn't need installation. The onsite customer support and installation was phenomenal. It's really easy to use and doesn't require much training. CSV export/import facilitates data transfer among applications.

Puntos en contra

It's focused only on maintenance management, which may be a limitation for some. It does not do min/max inventory point reordering.

6.0/10

MaintenanceEDGE

Revisado el 28/1/2014
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

We were looking for a new preventative maintenance system for our facility when we stumbled upon the MaintenanceEDGE product by Facility Dude. Setting up the system was very simple and if we required support it was always a professional and very friendly experience with the staff at Facility Dude. Once the program was built, going in and making required changes were made with ease unlike the cumbersome system we were accustomed to.

The work order system was something we weren't looking for but it was included within the MaintenanceEDGE product so we decided to implement it. It certainly has proven to be a very valuable tool in tracking labour and maximizing resources as well as providing our clients with a very interactive and user friendly work request system.

FacilityDude

Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses
Revisado el 3/11/2016
Fuente de la reseña: SoftwareAdvice

We have been using MaintenanceEdge by FacilityDude for for 4 months now and we love it. The software is very user friendly and easy to use compared to the old software that we had (EAM by Infor). The team from FacilityDude was very helpful with the switch over from one program to the other. I would recommend this software to any one that are look for a good and user friendly CMMS system.

Puntos a favor

Easy to use, unlimited support from the team at FacilityDude

None

Not so great.

Software usado A diario durante Más de un año
Revisado el 16/1/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Kept up with maintenance schedules fairly well.

Puntos a favor

User interface is simplistic.

Puntos en contra

Not easy to navigate or find backend information. I do not like how work for the day is presented.

3.0/10
Traducir con Google

We have been able to get some value from this product but it has taken a long time to implement.

Software usado Semanalmente durante 6-12 meses
Revisado el 25/4/2018

Puntos a favor

This software has a lot of potential for us. The ability to track costs of repairs, parts, downtime, etc. could be really valuable. Having an accurate parts inventory will also be very nice when we get to that point. Keeping track of what work has been done on the different assets has been the best for us so far. Finally, having a parts list for each piece of equipment will be awesome.

Puntos en contra

It is not a very sleek or modern user interface. Also, there are abundant features that can provide great value but it takes a lot of clicks to access what I want. Sometimes it seems like there are too many steps to perform what I want to. One example would be PO's. I also wish it would allow me to customize more so I can avoid fields of information that I don't need.

5.0/10

Our success with Facility Dude's Maintenance Edge

Revisado el 10/6/2014

Puntos a favor

The unlimited support is really good and super helpful! They really excel here. And having unlimited users has truly been more helpful than I knew.

Puntos en contra

We are a manufacturing facility, and they typically had been focused on schools, but they are growing with more manufacturing customers and continually adding and making more adjustments.

Traducir con Google

Maintenance Edge is awesome!

Revisado el 29/5/2015

Puntos a favor

Maintenance Edge is easy to implement and daily use by myself and my technicians is quick. The FacilityDude staff are some of the nicest and easy to work with people that I have encountered.

Puntos en contra

I am in the manufacturing business (hardwood lumber mills). The heavy equipment and truck application of Maintenance Edge is not quite as interactive as previous programs I have used. The staff is listening to manufacturing clients to make these issues more workable and is making changes in the program to help users of trucks and other rolling stock to make use and the resulting information simpler to enter and report on.

Traducir con Google

the ease of using a managment software program

Revisado el 9/9/2016

Puntos a favor

the ease of user integration for work order managment

Puntos en contra

some limitations of the software and the learning curve can varied

Stong Product

Revisado el 28/9/2016

Puntos a favor

The product has been good, but the customer service and training has been what has made it a success

Puntos en contra

There are a few things that I wish took a few less clicks to complete.