Opiniones de Kareo

Kareo

Solución basada en la nube para la gestión de consultorios médicos

4.1/5 (432 opiniones)
Rahul G.
Traducir con Google

Great software for billing but the EHR could use some polish

Revisado el 1/3/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

My overall experience with Kareo is very good. We use them for our software and practice management. I’m not using the EHR as it is not included with the package and there are some limitations for my specialty when participating in the MIPS

Puntos a favor

The software is web-based and very easy to use on the iPad as well as any other format that supports the browser.
It is easy and intuitive to use and everything is well laid out.
It is easy and intuitive to use and everything is well laid out.
You can access the data most of the time you’re only limitation is the speed of your browser The software is modular in that you paid for different modules from the E in charge of the software and practice management features
They have a great feature set. There always improving and adding more functionality.

Puntos en contra

There are too many marketing advertisements in my email for other features. The HR should be included for free if we do the practice management it doesn’t make sense to be forced to use another software. The practice management needs to have more versatility with the types of reports we can generate it is plenty of boilerplate template that should suffice most practices.
They need to have better support for doctors were trying to participate in there are too many marketing advertisements in my email for other features. Each shot should be included for free if we do the practice management it doesn’t make sense to be forced to use another software. The practice management needs to have more versatility with the types of reports we can generate at this point your boilerplate template that should suffice most practices.
They need to have better support for doctors were trying to participate in MIPS. They should be a QCDR.

Shelley G.

Medical Billing Lead

Revisado el 7/9/2016

Puntos a favor

Ease of use. There is a lot of helpful educational information, and when you call the reps are very knowledgeable and sincere about helping you with your problem.

Puntos en contra

When looking at payments entered daily, I would like to be able to scroll back and forth in the calendar rather than enter the dates. There is a daily report, but I just want to quickly scroll through the dates. This is one feature that would be nice, at least for me to quickly check to be sure all money is posted daily. The reps are very knowledgeable and willing to help you in most cases, except for one issue when I wanted to sign up for ERA's. It was not clear to me that there was a deadline and he closed my case before I faxed the forms. If he could have extended the timing, it would have helped- I also work in a different office, so I am not able to get doctor's signature immediately, and we were in the middle of integrating at the time. Also- your integration with P. Fusion- could be improved. The other systems PFusion integrates with are not so difficult with every character matching, etc., and this has been hard for our office. It is still new, so hopefully it will get easier. another thing I thought of- there are occasions where you have to delete or change a payment, and if you enter this before the insurance EOB comes in, and you find you need to change it, or apply some of this to another date of service, you can't easily delete payment information once it has been applied to a visit without having to delete all the claims data. This is unfortunate. I did speak with a rep who showed me how to copy the messages and re post in notes, but this is cumbersome if there are a lot of transactions. okay, I think that is enough feedback for today. I do love Kareo!

Gregory P.
Traducir con Google

Almost 3 years of use and we still love it!

Revisado el 12/7/2016

Puntos a favor

I came to our practice with no experience in health care and was immediately tasked with firing our 3rd party billing company and bringing everything back in house with Kareo. I had no experience in billing, patient demographics, insurance, posting payments etc.

Within one week of our launch... we had the basics down and were able to seamlessly transition our single physician practice to Kareo. Payments were coming in within the first 30 days. We also have a linked EHR system so our claims are easy to do with our doctor able to have the DX codes all input at the clinical note stage and everything seamlessly transitions right over to billing. We are so fast at it that our previous day's claims are out the door by 10AM the following day. I love this system and the folks that support it.

Puntos en contra

Some payers will make surprise changes in their EID that do not get updated into system tested into Kareo in a timely manner. It normally is discovered when payment posting gets out of whack and then it is discovered that the payer made a change in the technical date interchange. Then discovered that the change was not system tested in Kareo. It is a little bit of finger pointing on who is to blame for the interchange misses.... but don't get me wrong... when issue is discovered - they work to fix it - it just takes some time.

Barbara W.

Revisado el 13/1/2013
Fuente de la reseña: SoftwareAdvice

I am a nurse practitioner with my own practice seeing patients primarily in nursing homes. I also do my own billing. When I was setting up my practice, I was told about Practice Fusion EMR software by a colleague. I saw that Practice Fusion is integrated with a billing system called Kareo, so I decided to check it out. Once I saw what they had to offer, I didn't look any further. Cost got my attention first, but the more I learned about it, the more I liked what I saw.

I have done medical billing for years in the past as an office manager. I am also a CPA, and I did consulting work in which I helped physician practices choose and set up billing systems. Compared to the older systems, Kareo is light-years better.

Implementation of Kareo took some time and effort. At first I thought it would be intuitive, and it is to a certain extent. These days billing is so complex, however, that I have some to see that it would be almost impossible to come up with a system that is entirely intuitive. I needed to complete the training, and then I was good to go. One thing that is really nice is the ability to choose training videos on the topics you need to learn about. The training videos are excellent. I did my training by starting a video, pausing it to enter my own data into Kareo, then continue on. This provided me with hands-on training, and it was very helpful. I also like the fact that I can go back at any time to view the videos again, and I can also view videos on topics or features of Kareo that I am using for the first time.

I chose to purchase customer support for the first month only, because I am pretty savvy when it comes to billing systems. During that time, the team was very nice, very helpful, and oh so patient with me. I always got the answers I needed.

One of the things that I especially like about Kareo is the reports that can be run. In the "old days" you could only run certain reports that were set-up by the system. It never made sense to me that there was a huge database of information, yet it could only be accessed in limited ways. Kareo provides many options for reports. I personally like the accounts receivable reports as well as the report that shows revenue from each facility where I practice.

Probably the biggest benefit I have received from Kareo is the time savings. I have to balance my time between my clinical responsibilities and my financial and billing activities. I am sure I could not do this without Kareo.

Bottom line: I am a very satisfied customer, and I would choose Kareo all over again if I had to choose.

Luann J.

review

Revisado el 8/3/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Good. We have now moved all our clients to Kareo from other software.

Puntos a favor

We love being able to use Jopari for work comp and auto, I do not find other software offering this. Also printing the HCFA with background from the system has saved us huge amounts of time and money with our significant volume of work comp and auto.

Puntos en contra

Reporting could be better; we would like some standard reports that we have in other software and have not had the time to work on custom reports. We need reports that we can run easily by CPT codes; client often have questions on what they have brought in by specific codes and the reports can be confusing. Also just basic year over year summary of charges, receipts and adjustments would nice. Enrollment is better but still an issue that slows down new clients. We can't print the UB form with the background for faxing claims. We want batch numbers on patient payments so we can track the office collection. ASC Medicare rates do not show up in the contract & Fees; it defaults to the professional fee schedule.

Vivian S.

Welcome to Affordable Practice Management

Revisado el 4/11/2015
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

My office began using Kareo Practice Management software in January, 2015. We had been using our previous vendor since 1986 and although it still works, it was costing $14,000.00 a year for support which we rarely, if ever, used. When I found Kareo at $299 per month I had to give it a try.

I began training myself in October 2014 through all of the training platforms Kareo offers. I read the articles, I watched the videos, I emailed and spoke with them on the phone. I found the system easy to learn and kind of fun to use. I introduced the rest of the staff to it in December after deciding that it could work for us. The most difficulty they had was entering insurance carriers for patients which in Kareo are called "cases." Through videos and phone calls they finally got the hand of it.

Our practice does not accept any kind of insurance and we opted out of Medicare so I cannot comment on submitting claims through Kareo. I do print up paper claims for surgery patients and the only problem I have with that is you can't print up a claim once the patient has paid the bill and you have entered the payment into the system. You have to remove the payment and change the responsible party to the patient's insurance company and then print a claim which does not show a payment. After printing, you have to go back to the patient's account and undo the changes you made. If your practice participates with various insurance companies, this would not be an issue for you.

I also don't use the Kareo billing service. I print up the statements and mail them out myself. The statement template is very well laid out and looks very neat and professional.

We transitioned into ICD-10 with no problem whatsoever. Kareo has all of the ICD-10 codes listed and it was a breeze to use their Superbill template and change the ICD-9 codes to ICD-10 codes. We were using our new Superbill on October 1st and everything went smoothly. Kareo even provided us with a list of our most used diagnosis codes and their corresponding ICD-10 codes.

Kareo also provides constant updates and they install very quickly and have never caused the software to crash.

All in all, I am extremely happy with Kareo. The software works, it's easy to learn and they provide excellent and friendly support. If you call them you are able to speak with someone immediately and they walk you through any problem you may be having. Long live Kareo!

Deborah J.

Kareo Review

Revisado el 21/9/2016

Puntos a favor

Our office has used Kareo as our billing software for the past three years. It is comprehensive and meets our billing needs. The support team for Kareo's PM software is phenomenal. I have called frequently over the past three years for customized support and have always gotten highly professional, pleasant and helpful representatives

Puntos en contra

Some of the information from our electronic records software does not always come over to Kareo as expected. I also don't understand why some of the doctors information seems to come over and others does not.

I don't fully grasp how insurance companies get set up and approved to receive electronic claims.

Respuesta de Charlton

Hi Deborah,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Happy to hear Kareo's software meets your billing needs and that you find our support team professional, pleasant and helpful!

We'd like to reach out for more information regarding your mention of some of the information from your EHR not always coming over to Kareo as expected. Please email us at [email protected] to confirm your account/contact information so we may help look into this for you.

Also, here is the link to our free training courses: https://helpme.kareo.com/01_Kareo_PM/Kareo_PM_Training. Please do not hesitate to register for a live training or take an online course at your leisure.

Dianne E.
Traducir con Google

Best billing software among others

Revisado el 23/1/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Problems that I have solved by using Kareo is not having to deal with a clearinghouse at all...it saves me tons of time. Kareo is so much easier to learn and get up and running from the start compared to so many softwares out there....it's just a terrific experience and I highly recommend it!!

Puntos a favor

Being linked automatically with a clearinghouse and the ease of submitting claims and rebilling is far better than other softwares I have ever used. The ability to enter data is far easier and quicker than with those other softwares.

Puntos en contra

There's only 1 thing I have not liked about the software and that is the inability to modify all reports. For example statements/receipts to patients for payments they make. The provider return address is not in the upper left hand corner of the statement/receipt so it can be mailed...I have to handwrite the return address on it. Also there isn't a single report that can be given to a patient that contains the provider info, patient info, services and all their pertinent info plus any payments and adjustments so they can turn them in to their insurance or claim rep. I have to submit 2 separate reports.

REVIEW OF KAREO

Revisado el 29/4/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Overall Kareo customer service has been helpful and responsive. Occasionally they have neglected to call us back when something has been updated for fixed, but for the most part, they are knowledgeable and seem to be motivated to help us run smoothly.

Puntos a favor

Mostly I like to have the ability to personalize the claim scrubbing process and fit it to our individual company needs. Such as pulling all Evals to make sure the original chart is complete or pulling out liability accounts to make sure we are billing appropriate rates. Kareo is user friendly and most items when clicked on will easily take you to another screen.

Puntos en contra

The one thing that Kareo has not mastered is how to easily generate secondary claims. Seems we have to "tweak" most of the posting for secondary claims, especially when Palmetto Medicare is the secondary payer. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to what will work. What works with one claim - is different on the other.

7.0/10
Shirley W.
Traducir con Google

Easy to use and improves efficiency

Revisado el 16/5/2018
Fuente de la reseña: SoftwareAdvice

This is our third software program in 8 years in business. This has been the most accurate, easiest to teach, and most integrative of the ones we've used. It's a good value for the money, and we've been pleased with the performance. We do have some issues, but it's fairly easy to get to management and discuss those.

Puntos a favor

We are able to use many of the tools, reports, and access in Kareo to improve our overall efficiency. We find claims go through successfully the majority of the time, entry screens are easy to use, and updating things like fee schedules are simple. Reporting is accurate and fairly easy to use, and we love the ability to write our own reports when we can't get what we need from the system (which is rare). There is a closed Facebook group of people who use the product and can support other users, and this is closely monitored by Kareo personnel, so it's a great way to interact and get help.

Puntos en contra

We would like to be able to do things across all our clients (enterprise level), and to have a cleaner collections follow-up, without having to adjust things off and make notes, etc.,

Larry A.

Kareo Billing Software

Software usado Semanalmente durante 1-5 meses
Revisado el 19/1/2017
Fuente de la reseña: SoftwareAdvice

I was looking for a billing software for my relatively new part-time private practice (licensed clinical psychologist/psychotherapy). At the time I got the referrals from Software Advice, I was looking primarily at the moment to get started billing Medicare for an increasing client caseload with Medicare coverage. I contacted my three of the four companies provided to me and Kareo was the first to be able to set me up with billing Medicare, While now I can expand to use it for billing other insurances, I still have not set up another insurance to bill. So I will have to see how that goes. However, by consistently billing Medicare now with this software, I am familiar with many of the features of the software and billing is relatively quick and simple. I did sign up for Kareo's clinical software and while I am currently paying for it, I still have not used it.

Puntos a favor

Once client and insurance info is set up, It is very quick and easy to bill online for each claim. Thus I am more likely to bill for each session soon after the session rather than waiting to bill a few sessions in a batch. Also, the software allows for printing out 1500 paper Forms. I have not tried this feature yet but it could save me time and hassles refiling if I can fill out the form through the software. I also think some of the online tutorials are very helpful and thus make getting information more convenient than have to sign up for a phone or video training session. I have had contact with a number of the training coaches and in general, they have all been very helpful and easy to access. The billing software is also set up to record payments, running balances, etc. I have not utilized that feature yet but it is nice to know that it is there.

Puntos en contra

I really do not have a specific complaint about the software or the staff support.

Phoebe W.
Traducir con Google

It's a solid billing software

Revisado el 1/3/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

I've been using Kareo for several years now. I first began using it to bill at the first billing company I worked with and continue to use it at the facility I now manage. It is easy to use once you become familiar with it and is a functional, useful program.

Puntos a favor

I enjoy how easy it is to navigate between windows. I really like the key performance indicators being available on the home page so I can take a quick scan to see how we're doing. I really like the hyperlinks that take me to rejected claims and denied claims as it makes it so easy to track and correct items. The reports are so nice and easy to export to Excel for my AR.

Puntos en contra

It is difficult to edit some things and that can be tedious. The payment posting is a little easier in some other programs but once I have gotten used to how Kareo has it set up, it is less difficult to navigate.

Jo ann R.

From Newbie to Experienced

Revisado el 5/3/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

When a patient calls to ask about their account, I find it very easy to pull up their information and solve their problems. I use the task option all the time. This helps me (and anyone else who might need to review an account) remember what transpired on this account.

Puntos a favor

I was thrown into using Kareo when I was hired with my current employer. No trainer. Nothing. I was put in practice mode and told to figure it out. WIth the help of Kareo support, reading, and a superbill in front of me, I started billing. Now, four years later, I feel very comfortable with using Kareo for billing, AR, reports, and more.

Puntos en contra

I think the reports could use some extra help. Some reports are not as easy to create as others. I hate the two-step insurance setup. I personally would prefer ONE place to put insurance. Not to have a Insurance company and insurance plan.

Sherryann R.

Money well spent

Revisado el 15/4/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

I have had to use other EHR, PM systems like AdvancedMD and Onco billing and Kareo is by far much more simple and easy to use and functtionality, and the cost is way less for a better system that everyone in the office can use efficiently and effectively.

Puntos a favor

Kareo is one of the first EHR and practice management system that is easy and simplified to learn for anyone no matter your computer experience. The cost for the EHR and PM is definitely much cheaper than most other systems out there! I learned a lot of the billing operations by watching their interactive webinars that is also simplified for easy learning!

Puntos en contra

The least I like about Kareo is probably the process of doing an adjustment or any changes once an account has money posted to it, I had to contact customer service to get assistance.

Allyson D.

Physical Therapy Practice Owner

Revisado el 5/3/2019

Puntos a favor

I like that I can see my patient schedule through using the Kareo app. I also like the ability to use the desktop version over the web based version. Kareo has great reports for therapists productivity and claim status. The reports are much easier to navigate than previous software programs I have used. This is important as a business owner of a private practice.

Puntos en contra

I wish it were easier to print an appointment list for my patients. With physical therapy patients come for multiple visits and this report is somewhat different to reproduce.

I have several patients that voice concern over hearing the automated telephone response calls, I wish this could be made clearer for patients.

Ashley T.
Traducir con Google

Worst Customer Service I have EVER experienced. Truly. Used over 8 different EHRs since residency, never experienced such a disaster.

Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses
Revisado el 12/1/2018
Fuente de la reseña: SoftwareAdvice

Awful, I'm actually quite easy to please if a company does their part. I have done all their legwork, paid up front, still have no refill requests being submitted from pharmacies and no e-lab because no one ever bothered to instruct me to separately submit a new account with the labs. They only "discovered" this 3 months after the fact, when I demanded to talk to a manager. And then they sent me an automated enrollment email that should have been sent Day One. It's is a blackhole abyss of your time. Save your time- as doctors, it is much more valuable than doing the job, enrollments assistant that can't- and won't- do their job.

Puntos a favor

The billing reports are detailed and efficient. Unfortunately, the biggest factor- A/R accounts- is completely skewed if you take insurance. They ONLY compute an A/R report based on your listed self pay rates...so you get a completely unusable number in delinquent collections that really doesn't mean much.
Otherwise, it is easy to see your collections for the month, amount cash, credit, check, insurance payor. That's about the only positive thing I have to say.

Puntos en contra

I paid a year up front from a smooth salesman and to this date, 3 months after paying my first year, am not receiving any refill requests from pharmacies. I have spent COUNTLESS hours communicating with them- they have instructed ME to call SureScripts, call Quest, call LabSoft. After an hour on the phone, the operator at SureScripts (who is the e-scribing integrated PARTNER with Kareo) told me she had no clue why I was calling her as every loose end remained on Kareo's part. I told this to my "coach," her manager, the manager of enrollments and they continuously redirect me back to call SureScripts- because they can't figure out why I am not receiving any requests from pharmacies. I talked to a manager who had been specifically assigned to my account due to the nightmare thus far (in addition to no refill requests, I also have ZERO e-lab prescribing) he told me he would be the only person communicating with me directly due to the run around. The same day- (SERIOUSLY)- another person from enrollments called me after she had talked to the manager to call and tell me that the SureScripts had been denied, but couldn't tell me why, when it was submitted...and then couldn't confirm it was even submitted. So I'm still paying for an additional EHR so I can get refill requests. It is insanity. I can't even begin to express my frustration.
Also, when you send a portal message, the patient has no clue. They don't send an email as a notification to login to the portal to view a new message. When I brought this up to my success coach, she told me to train my patients to login every single day- in the rare case they may have a message to view...You have got to be kidding me.

1.0/10
Bev Y.

Communication SUCKS

Revisado el 19/7/2016

Puntos a favor

It is easy to access patients and to schedule them.
It looks pretty

Puntos en contra

The communication, or lack of it I should say.
We have asked them to let us know once they have our statements ready to go so we can make sure that only the right statements are being sent. In the last 6 months we have been told once, (each month we ask and they tell us that they will do it next month, or they passed the info onto the team) In June they finally let us know... But in July again it was sent without letting us know, and once again we are dealing with upset patients who received statements.
The issue goes even deeper than that. Kareo has been messing up on posting payments to our “at time of service” accounts. We have had to double check to make sure that things are being entered correctly, and yet some statements have gone out with payments due, that had been paid, but Kareo did not credit it correctly if at all.
The other issue is the communication when letting us know that an MVA insurance is turned down. So that we can get the right information, instead they just let it go for 2 or more months before an internal follow up. That is another issue. There can be 2-4 months between follow up on some of our accounts. We have encountered stuff being sent to the wrong clearinghouse and they keep sending it only to find it being rejected. Rather than calling WA State LNI, or printing paper billing to send, they keep sending it and getting it denied... We only found this issue when we called WA state LNI to see why we had not been paid for a client, to find out that they had not received a bill. We then called Kareo and asked them and they let us know that the clearinghouse denied it repeatedly.
I could keep going on with issues, but I think you get the idea.
Because of their mistake, it has almost closed the doors of our practice.
And I have not even started on the Credentialing issues we had with them doing it for us. It took us well over a year to get Medicare - and the only reason we got it is that we took over submitting the paperwork and such. They told us we where credentialed with LNI of WA and we were not. When we asked them to clean up the mess, they stopped talking to us. So we had to take over and get credentialing with multiple providers after paying them to do it for us.

1.0/10
Sarah C.

VERY GOOD OVERALL FOR SOLO PRACTICES

Revisado el 8/3/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

VERY GOOD OVERALL; I THINK ITS A FAIRLY CLEAN AND FUNCTIONAL PLATFORM FOR ORGANIZING A SOLO-PRACTICES BILLING. NO REAL OPPORTUNITY TO TWEAK ISSUES HERE AND THERE WHICH CAN BECOME FRUSTRATING.

Puntos a favor

USABILITY IS GOOD; FAIRLY INTUITIVE AND EASY TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET TASKS DONE. CONSISTENCY AND TRANSPARENCY FOR CHECKING WORK STATUS (FOR THINGS LIKE ELIGIBILITY STATUS, CLAIM STATUS, A/R, ETC)

Puntos en contra

UNABLE TO TWEAK SOME ISSUES THAT CAN BE A REAL HEADACHE: CANT CREATE PATIENT STATEMENTS FOR SPECIFIC DATE RANGE WITHIN SYSTEM; CANT DELETE OR EDIT PAYMENTS POSTED BY STAFF VIA WEBSITE (NEED TO CREATE REFUNDS FOR EACH HUMAN ERROR); INTERMITTENT ELIGIBILITY REJECTIONS: SMALL THINGS LIKE THIS ARE DAY-TO-DAY ISSUES AND ONLY "SOLUTION" IS TO SEND MULTIPLE "IMPROVEMENT" REQUESTS THAT REMAIN UNANSWERED.

Harout D.
Traducir con Google

None are perfect, but Kareo is proficient

Revisado el 20/6/2016

Puntos a favor

Easy to use front-end, great support line available. Ability to customize the branding, if you want. Lots and lots of reports, with the ability to use an API to download raw data and use an outside database to further customize the exact data you want. That you don't need your own IT staff to use the software (they host the solution) and you can have unlimited users without extra fees is a big advantage.

Puntos en contra

Let's be honest, no billing software is perfect. Given enough time, I could pick any of them apart for things they do in less than ideal ways. So take this with a grain of salt: some of their features need a bit of polish in how the pieces fit. They look great on the surface, but sometimes the gears underneath are a bit rough. I'm optimistic they'll get it right soon.

Amber T.

Extraordinarily Disappointing

Revisado el 21/9/2017
Fuente de la reseña: SoftwareAdvice

I would not recommend doing business with Kareo at all. Their products are sub-par. I have found out just how sub-par in the last 3 months of transitioning. Any organization that continues to charge a customer's credit card after twice confirming a plan cannot be trusted, and that was after numerous other broken promises. The people we worked with were all very nice, but the systems they had to work in failed to actually assist customers. Please invest your time and resources elsewhere.

Puntos a favor

Our small 2 provider office started out relatively successfully with Kareo about 4 years ago with both EHR and Practice Management (PM). I thought my trainer did a good job. After that...it was downhill.

Puntos en contra

We added three more providers in time. Kareo's promised functionality on their PM platform didn't receive attention, support or vision that really paid off on the user end. The EHR experienced minor improvements that were hailed as miracles, however still lacked significant benefits. Kareo transitioned to charging for EHR and the communication with us at least failed completely. It took 2 months to come up with an agreement our office felt was fair, however it was all initiated by us. Their solution was to give us 30 days to transition to a new platform, which since it takes 3 months to implement their program, I pointed out that wasn't really reasonable. We have fought to get our data in any type of usable format, both clinical and business and spent 100+ hours trying to get it through the back door. Really, a very very disappointing experience.

Terri N.
Traducir con Google

Kareo is a great, simple, software program!

Revisado el 4/5/2016

Puntos a favor

The program is simple so it is fast to train on. We are a billing company and physicians have turn over so we have to take a brand new employee and get them trained on the Kareo Billing program quickly. Within 30 minutes I can train an individual and I can even do it over the phone. The customer support has been really good and they are very knowledgeable.

Puntos en contra

The updates are generally done towards the end of the month and sometimes there a bugs in these updates.... maybe not tested completely but Kareo has been really good to get the fixes out as soon as possible. I would like to see Kareo do more tests on the releases before they are sent out to the end users.

Dorothy T.

Revisado el 30/11/2012
Fuente de la reseña: SoftwareAdvice

I am the owner of Medical Specialty Billing, LLC, We will be celebrating our 13th year next month. We bill Multiple Specialties including ASC's. Surgeons and Family Practice. Up until 2006 we used Medisoft server based software.

In 1996 we wanted a program that had more flexibility and did not have never-ending fees forcing us to buy every upgrade. We wanted a program that listened to it's users and was written as a software for billig companies. I did research and found that Kareo fit our needs.

We have been using Kareo since 2006, for over 6 years now. Many upgrades have come though since our first year. We are able to offer our clients and customers so many options, including EMR integration & patient payment portals. Practice Fusion and other programs can be linked through a secure portal.

We love to keep our clients satisfied and they love that we can give them up to the minute information. We have clients from California and Washington State, to Florida and Kansas. Our clients are able to log into their accounts and check out any information whenever they want. Even if its 5 am in California our Florida clients are working at 8am; they don't have to wait for a server to turn on, Kareo is always on for them.

Additionally, Kareo is so easy and intuitive. One of my team members said its the easiest software she has seen to learn. The free video teaching webinars are great and very thorough.

Some ask about support; I use Chat support if there are any questions I have. We all need support now and then and I have had the best experience with the support staff. They truly do want to help us succeed.

We have benefited with the Kareo and Practice Fusion integration. We just signed up a new client who already was using Practice Fusion. He was very happy to know that he can continue with his same EMR and not have to make any changes.

When asked, I always recommend Kareo .

Todd W.
Traducir con Google

Know more about the business

Revisado el 8/4/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

When I purchased the practice, I knew the A/R was not accurate. Kareo has allowed me to resolve the issues that caused that and now when I look at my aging report, I have confidence in it's accuracy.

Puntos a favor

Kareo allows us to track claims from submission to payers through patient payments, with a high degree of accuracy in submissions and ERA posting. Posting payments from an ERA is delightfully simple and easy.

Puntos en contra

There are some limitations on the customization of reports. While there are many available reports, tweaking them to show precisely what I need to know is in some cases either painstaking or impossible.

Joey M.

Gets the job done for basic Medical Billing / Patient Portal

Revisado el 26/6/2018

Puntos a favor

This is a program for medical practice and not big groups. The program provides basic tools to run a business and a successful growing practice. IT is a cloud based program which is great for providers / staff who are on the go and need access to the program. Also a plus if you have off site staff ex: Billers.

Puntos en contra

Started as a free program and and no charges different plan levels. Some features that were once a free item are now restricted. If you had utilized the features prior to the paid version you must purchase at that level. Customer Support is very difficult to contact and gives you piece-mail information instead of giving you more information on how to maximize the capabilities of the program.

Sandy L.

Loyal Customer for over Five Years

Revisado el 25/8/2016

Puntos a favor

Kareo is a superb software in all ways including support. I love how easy it is to maneuver from screen to screen and how detailed every option is. Kareo support is the best from the website clear to contact us support. Issues are addressed and taken care of quickly and that is huge to a small business like mine.

Puntos en contra

Seems silly but there is no extended time lapse for payment. Being a small business I operate on a very small budget at this time, that money comes out even if it is not there. I appreciate the fact that that is how they need to run that aspect but it would be nice to have a day or two extension on that.